When I was a little girl we often ate breakfast at the school cafeteria during the week. I vividly remember cheese toast being on the menu.
So one morning I heated the oven and put slices of bread on a baking pan. I put one slice of cheese on top of each slice of bread and popped it in the oven and let it bake.
It really is such an easy side dish or sometimes a meal of it’s own. Here are some of my favorite cheese toast recipe ideas that I think you will love.
Cheese Toast Recipes
1. This recipe for Cheese Toast is just what should be on your breakfast menu. It is seriously the best! I love the richness of this using sharp cheddar. Crystal & Co
2. Not one, not two, but three cheese make up this yummy Garlic Cheese Toast recipe. Confessions of a Cooking Diva
3. This quick and oh so easy Tomato and Cheese Toast is something your kids will enjoy for a snack. It’s like a grilled cheese amplified. Eat Good For Life
4. Loaded with cheese and veggies with crispy edges this Chili Cheese Toast is savory and satisfying. Aromatic Essence
5. Enjoy some Corn Cheese Toast that has a delicious and super flavorful flair and perfect for breakfast. Cook, Click n’ Devour
6. All the flavors of a favorite soup are made up right in this French Onion Cheese Toast. Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish
7. Make up this fun Cheese Egg Toast that is a delicious recipe for any time of the day! Crazy Adventures in Parenting
8. Only a couple of ingredients are used to make these wonderful and delightful Cucumber Cream Cheese Toasts. Xo and So
9. Whip up this Avocado, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Toast that is a meal in itself with crisp arugula and balsamic glaze. Two Peas and Their Pod
10. Check out this recipe for Paneer Cheese Toast that is loaded with Indian flair! Swasthi’s Recipes
Cheese toast in the oven is one of the most requested meals at my house for breakfast, but there are so many ways to make this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just grab a baking sheet and you’re good to go. It’s like toasted bread, only a thousand times better.
Not only cab many of these recipes be used for breakfast lunch or dinner, but consider making them for your next get together and using them as an appetizer. Yum!