Looking for an easy and delicious chicken recipe? Well, you’re in luck because I have the perfect dish for you – Chicken and Dumplings Recipe! This mouthwatering recipe is made with cooked chicken, flavorful broth, flour, butter, baking powder, garlic salt, pepper, and milk. Trust me when I say this dish is a breeze to make. So get ready to impress your family and friends with this comforting and satisfying Chicken and Dumplings recipe. Keep reading to find out how to make it! So, if you’re in a rush or just looking for an uncomplicated yet tasty meal, keep on reading.
There’s nothing quite like the versatility of Chicken Recipes. Whether you’re roasting a whole bird or whipping up some stir-fry, there’s always a way to take the humble chicken to new heights. One of the best things about chicken dishes is that they can be prepared in a multitude of ways. From simple fried chicken to more complex dishes like chicken carbonara or chicken tikka masala, there’s a recipe to suit every mood and craving. Not to mention, chicken is incredibly affordable and widely available, making it the perfect protein for weekday meals or special occasions.
Family Friendly Chicken Recipes
Nothing brings families together like a warm home-cooked meal. But for busy parents, it can be tough to find time to prepare something the whole family will enjoy. That’s why chicken recipes are a lifesaver! There are so many delicious options that are both family-friendly and easy to make.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo with Egg Noodles
- Italian Crockpot Chicken
- Puerto Rican Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients Needed to Make This Delicious Chicken Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this dish:
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
- Cooked Chicken– Well, for one, it’s versatile – you can use a variety of cuts and cooking methods to achieve the desired taste and texture. And since it’s already cooked, you don’t have to worry about it not being fully done or overcooking in the soup. Plus, it adds a rich, savory flavor to the broth that just can’t be beat.
- Chicken Broth– Chicken broth adds a depth of flavor that just can’t be matched by any other ingredient. Not only does it give the dish that savory taste we all love, but it also helps to keep the dumplings moist and tender. Plus, it’s a great way to stretch out a recipe, making it go further without sacrificing on flavor.
- Flour– When it comes to making chicken and dumplings, the right flour can make all the difference. You want a flour that will create tender, fluffy dumplings that soak up all the delicious flavors of the soup. Many people swear by using all-purpose flour, while others prefer using self-rising flour for a bit of extra lift. Some even use a combination of the two for the perfect balance of texture and flavor.
- Butter– Butter helps to keep the dough moist and prevents it from becoming tough or dry. This is especially important when making dumplings because no one wants to eat a dry and tough dumpling! So, next time you’re whipping up a batch of chicken and dumplings, make sure you don’t skimp on the butter.
- Baking Powder– Baking powder may seem like a small ingredient, but it plays a big role in making the perfect dumpling. The baking powder is what makes the dough rise and gives it that light and fluffy texture. Without it, your dumplings will be dense and unappetizing.
- Garlic Salt– Garlic salt brings an added depth of flavor to the dish that regular salt just can’t match. The savory, garlicky notes of the garlic salt perfectly complement the tender, rich chicken and fluffy dumplings.
- Pepper– Pepper is known for adding a little bit of heat to any dish but it also enhances the flavors of the other ingredients. By adding pepper to your chicken and dumplings recipe, you’ll notice a depth of flavor that wasn’t there before. It also helps to balance out the richness of the chicken and cream in the dish.
- Milk– Milk adds moisture and richness to the dough, helping the dumplings to cook up light, fluffy, and delicious. Without milk, your dumplings can end up dry and tough, which is definitely not what you want.
Cooking Essentials at Amazon
Cooking is an art form, but even the most masterful chef needs the right tools in their kitchen. Luckily, Amazon has all the cooking essentials you need to get started or take your culinary skills to the next level. From high-quality cookware to precision measuring cups and spoons, you can find everything you need to whip up a delicious meal in no time.
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons 10-Piece Set, 5 Cups And 5 SpoonsMueller DuraCast 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Pot with Lid, Heavy-Duty Casserole Dish, Braiser Pan, Stainless Steel Knob, for Braising, Stews, Roasting, Baking, Safe across All Cooktops, RedOXO Good Grips Wooden Small Spoon,BrownNileHome Silicone Spatula Set Rubber Spatula High Heat-Resistant Premium BPA-Free One Piece Seamless Design Cooking Spatulas Utensils Set For Kitchen, Multicolor(4pcs)KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsEnameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4 Quart Dutch Oven Pot with Lid, Dutch Oven Suitable for Bread Baking, Oven Safe Dutch Oven Pot with Loop Handles, Non-stick Enamel Coated Cookware, Wine Red
What is the Secret to Perfect Dumplings?
Who doesn’t love a good dumpling? Whether they’re steamed, fried, or boiled, there’s just something about those little pockets of deliciousness that keeps us coming back for more. But what’s the secret behind perfect dumplings?
Some might tell you it’s all in the dough – it needs to be just the right texture, not too sticky or too dry. Others might swear by the filling, insisting that the key to perfection is finding the perfect combination of flavors and spices.
Personally, I think the real secret to perfect dumplings is love. That’s right, love. When you put your heart and soul into every pinch and fold, it’s bound to come out delicious every time. So don’t be afraid to experiment, try new flavors, and most of all, have fun!
What Should I Serve with Chicken and Dumplings?
So you’re making chicken and dumplings, eh? That’s one of my favorite comfort foods! It’s warm, filling, and oh so delicious. But if you’re wondering what to serve with it, I’ve got a few ideas. First up, you can’t go wrong with some simple roasted vegetables. Carrots, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts would all be great choices.
If you want to take it up a notch, some mashed potatoes or garlic bread would be perfect for soaking up all that savory sauce. And finally, a nice side salad with a tangy vinaigrette would round out the meal nicely and provide a little color on the plate. Whatever you choose, just be sure to save room for seconds!
How Can I Make the Dumplings Light and Fluffy?
If you’re a fan of dumplings, you know that there’s nothing quite like biting into a delicious, fluffy dumpling. But how do you make them light and airy? The trick is in the technique. It’s important to use the right ratio of flour to liquid, and to knead the dough until it’s smooth and elastic.
Be sure to let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out and cutting it into rounds. And when it comes time to cook the dumplings, make sure to simmer them gently – too aggressive a boil can cause them to become heavy and tough. With these tips in mind, you’ll be enjoying perfectly fluffy dumplings in no time!
Dough Making Essentials at Amazon
Ah, yes, there is nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked dough wafting through the kitchen. But before we can have that mouth-watering aroma filling our homes, we need to make sure we have the essential tools for dough making. Thankfully, Amazon has us covered with a vast array of dough making essentials. From rolling pins to dough cutters, measuring cups to silicone baking mats, and everything in between.
Wood French Rolling Pin for Baking, QUELLANCE Wooden Dough Roller with Silicone Baking Mat, Beech Wood Rolling Pins for Baking Dough, Pizza, Pie, Pastries, Pasta and Cookies,Red Pastry MatSpring Chef Dough Blender, Top Professional Pastry Cutter with Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Blades, Medium Size, BlackSilicone Baking Mat with Dough Cutter, Ourokhome 20” X 16Watris Veiyi Small Rolling Pin, Wooden Dough Roller, Non-Stick Pizza Roller, Dough Baker Roller Set for Home Kitchen Baking Cooking(9.5cm/3.74in)…Farberware 5215807 Classic Wood Rolling Pin, 17.75-Inch, NaturalMaxjoy Danish Dough Whisk,Large Wooden Danish Whisk for Dough With Stainless Steel Ring,Original Dutch Style Dough Hook for Kitchen Bread Making Tools and Supplies,Dough Whisk 13 Inch
Comforting Chicken Recipes
Comforting chicken recipes are like a warm hug on a cold day. There’s just something about the smell of chicken roasting in the oven or simmering on the stovetop that makes you feel instantly cozy. Whether it’s a classic chicken pot pie or a spicy chicken curry, these dishes are perfect for when you need a little bit of comfort in your life.
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Recipe
- Chicken Mushroom Florentine Soup
- Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Stew
This comfort meal recipe is not only easy to prepare but is also guaranteed to leave everyone at the table asking for seconds. The simplicity of its ingredients, coupled with the versatility of chicken, means you can whip up this classic cool weather dish anytime you need a quick yet satisfying meal. Whether it’s a weekday dinner or a special occasion, this recipe is sure to elevate your culinary game. Transform this humble protein into a star dish. I hope your family loves it as much as mine!
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken
- 6-8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- About a Cup of Milk, maybe a bit less
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender.
- Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Heavily flour a work surface. You’ll need a rolling pin and something to cut the dumplings with. I like to use a pizza cutter. I also like to use a small spatula to lift the dumplings off the cutting surface.
- Roll the dough out thin with a heavily floured rolling pin. Dip your cutter in flour and cut the dumplings in squares about 2″x2″. It’s okay for them not to be exact. Just eyeball it. Some will be bigger, some smaller, some shaped funny.
- Use the floured spatula to put them on a heavily floured plate. Just keep flouring between the layers of dumplings. If they will be cooked soon, this method works well.
- To cook them, bring the broth to a boil. Drop the dumplings in one at a time, stirring while you add them. The extra flour on them will help thicken the broth.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until they are not doughy tasting.
- Add the cooked chicken, garlic salt and pepper to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes and you’re done!