Are you on the hunt for Christmas gifts for the boys and men in your life? I have pulled together a collection of awesome ideas you might love. They are all affordable and from a store that is personal for our family.
My mother has worked for RadioShack, in their corporate office, since I was a little girl. She started there in 1989 when I was in the 5th grade. She had not been in the workforce in years and had never had a corporate office job. Since I was three she had been home raising children- there were five of us.
When I was in 3rd grade my father fell 30 feet in a hunting accident and broke his back. He was not supposed to live. When he did live, we were guaranteed he would never walk. Our family was turned upside down to say the least.
My mother only had a high school education. Once my father was stabilized (it took about a year), she qualified for courses that taught her how to do office work. I know that sounds like a little girl explaining it, but that is how it was explained to me. I remember she went to school and then there was a graduation when the courses were complete.
RadioShack hired my mother and she has been a dedicated employee ever since, handling their contracts. She started at minimum wage, but was grateful and gainfully employed. I was in the 6th grade before the government stopped denying my father disability benefits. Those three years between 3rd grade and 6th grade were so hard on our family. Many Christmas’ other family members would drop off bags of toys and clothes so we had something to open Christmas morning. I know this is a story many are familiar with current day. Hard times strike many families.
We made it through. Our father walked. We learned gratitude and perseverance.
As the years went on I remember RadioShack toys and gadgets being under our Christmas tree when my mother could afford them. Still to this day my boys generally receive something from RadioShack from my mother as a gift.
All of that said, this time of year is so important to me. Time with family. Seeing smiles on my kids’ faces, giving them gifts that light up their eyes.
Here is what I have my eye on for Christmas gift ideas this year.
While this is our story, please know I participating in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for RadioShack. I received a gift card to facilitate a shopping trip as a thank you. You can read my disclosure here.
Christmas Gifts for Boys and Men
- Indoor RC Helicopter– these are on sale right now for $24.99.
- Beats– I have my eye on these for a couple of our boys. I love all the colors. Right now they are on sale for $119.00
- Electronics 101– learn all about electronics with this beginner’s collection of color-coded, snap-together components designed for age 8 and up. Includes instructions for 100 experiments and it’s less than $20! My little Nicky would love this!
- iPhone Instant Charger– mini self-contained battery pack for the iPhone/iPod contains an emergency charger that provides an extra hour of 3G talk time. This is only $19.99.
- Compact Binoculars– these Bear Grylls binoculars are compact and water proof. They have a wide field of view in magnifications and are ideal for long-range observation. Less than $50!
- Key Chain Power Bank– no power outlet? This key chain gives you up to 100 minutes of talk time and charges quickly from any USB port.
- Refractor Telescope– ideal for beginners and amateur astronomers alike this is less than $80.
- RC Cyber Boxing Robots– my boys would have fun with these. The set comes with two robots for $39.99.
- 7″ Tablet for Kids– on sale for only $99! Includes built in WiFi.
What is on your shopping list this year for the boys and men in your life? Check out the entire RadioShack Holiday Hub for more gift ideas. All orders online over $25 get free shipping. Any order shipped to the store is free shipping too. And, get $10 in holiday cash for every $50 you spend!