This was supposed to be Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Then I added my own spin on it and was too hungry to bother with the fried corn tortilla pieces.
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
I ate two bowls of this before dinner was even ready. Have I mentioned I am so ready for fall?
This soup is fantastic and will be perfect for the cooler months. Add it to your weekly menu!
- 32 oz box chicken broth
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of water (use Rotel can)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced (or a couple spoonfuls of the jarred stuff)
- 1/8 t chili powder
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1 pkg Sazon (Latin seasoning that comes in a box on the Latin aisle made by Goya)
- 1 t Adobo (Latin seasoning salt on the Latin aisle made by Goya)
- shredded cheese for topping, optional
Pour the chicken broth into the crockpot.
Add the can of crushed tomatoes.
Add the can of Rotel.
Use the empty Rotel can to add one can of water.
Add one packet of Sazon.
We love this stuff and use it in all of our Puerto Rican dishes!
Add the Adobo.
This is simply a Latin seasoning salt that goes great in many recipes!
Add the chili powder.
Add the cumin.
And the garlic.
Finally, add the chicken.
(This is simply a rotisserie chicken that I cut up. I used 2 cups of the chicken for this recipe and froze the other two cups for a later recipe.)
Pop the lid on the crockpot and cook this on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Look at how yummy this is.
Try to refrain from eating a bowl before it is ready.
Make that two bowls.
Serve it up and top with shredded cheese!
I was inspired by this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe over on Eat at Home.