Handing out candy and some cute messages to friends and family is always a highlight. There are tons of great ways to create your own Valentines without spending a bunch of money at the store. Plus, you can get really creative!
Handmade Valentine cards for kids completely surpass any that are ever bought at the store and with help from the kids they can give their friends and even family some true artwork!
These are perfect to handout as classroom Valentines, Mother’s Day Out, daycare or give to family and friends.
Kids will love making these Valentine Day crafts and art projects to give as gifts or treats!
DONE FOR YOU COLOR BY NUMBER PRINTABLES
DIY Valentine Cards Kids Can Make
1. These homemade valentine cards use celery and paint to make a rose. Super cute! Crystal & Co.
3. Assembling these Glow Stick Heart and Arrow Valentines is super easy and the kids can even practice their scissor skills! Mama Pappa Bubba
4. These hands on Puffy Painted Heart Pouches make some amazing Valentines for friends and family! Scrumdilly-Do
5. This Owl Love theme has several options for creating some terrific owl related messages for friends. Kids Activities Blog
6. These Handmade Love Bug Lollipop Valentines are absolutely adorable and perfect for the younger crowd! The Jenny Evolution
7. Any toddler will love this I Wheelie Love You Valentine featuring some cool wheelie marks. Toddler Approved
8. Incorporate some really creative fun for your Valentine with this You Color My Heart Idea. A Mom With A Lesson Plan
9. These Sewn Valentines require some assistance by you but the outcome is super creative and great for older kids. Housing A Forest
10. What better gift to give a special Valentine than this awesome Handmade Bookmark. The Educator’s Spin On It
11. Make these Crayon Mustache Valentines that are assembled on a stick with a cute message. Fireflies and Mudpies
12. If you want something completely geared towards boys then these Toad-ally Awesome Boy Valentines are perfect. Frugal Fun For Boys
13. Want something candy free but with some added fun? These Secret Message Valentines are so cool! Teach Mama
14. You can really encourage some fine motor skills with these String Art Yarn Cards that turn out in really fun heart designs. Hello, Wonderful
15. These sweet little Hershey Kiss Mice are a great and super cute Valentine to give out. Practically Functional
16. Share some bubbles with friends with this Bubble Valentine Idea that includes a handy printable to attach. The Nerd’s Wife
17. With a tiny bit of recycling these Handmade Valentine Pails will be a cinch to hand out to friends. Just fill with candy! Saving The Family Money
18. These Kool-Aid Valentines are super awesome and this one comes with a printable too! Blue Skies Ahead
19. Simply attach some inexpensive gumballs to this handy printable to make these Gumball Machine Valentines. Living With Three Moon Babies
20. These Bouncey Ball Valentines are a perfect non candy Valentine for anyone. Crafting Chicks
21. This Valentine Hugger Idea is so cute and the kiddos can decide what candy to attach for friends. Lia Griffith
22. Your little ones will have so much fun with this Shaving Cream Valentine that is totally awesome hands on fun! Mess For Less
23. These cute Watercolor Valentines are a great handmade craft and Valentine for any kiddo that absolutely loves painting. Nest of Posies
24. This Handprint Monkey Valentine is perfect for an afternoon of crafting and an adorable idea! Crafty Morning
25. These Stained Glass Valentine Cards are a simple activity with tissue paper and a few other materials. Sun Hats & Wellie Boots
26. Create these Cosmic Heart Valentines that use a simple glossy paint recipe provided. I Heart Arts and Crafts
27. The smaller crowd will love making these Noodle Valentines that make perfect jewelry too! The Alison Show
28. This I Love You To Pieces Valentine is a great personalized gift and the inside can include a sweet message. I Can Teach My Child
29. Check out these You’re The Bomb! handmade Valentines that incorporate just a few candy pieces and simple materials! Frugal Fun For Boys
30. These cute All-In-One Valentines are the perfect cut out heart all in one unique folded piece. Tinkerlab
Are you sorting out something awesome to make for Valentine’s Day? Share your ideas!