Are you looking for a Mickey Mouse Leprechaun Craft for Kids ?
We love to do St Patricks Day Crafts with our kids this time of year. This is perfect for classrooms, homeschoolers and just for fun.
Let me show you how easy these are to make. In about 20 minutes you can have a super cute Mickey Mouse Leprechaun paper craft.
You likely already have many of the supplies on hand, but it costs less than $5 to make this.
It is very easy to make and I have a traditional scissors method as well as a SVG method to be used with a Cricket. I will give you the printables and instructions for both.
SCROLL TO THE END OF THE POST TO GET THE PRINTABLE SVG AND PDF FILES.
Here are the supplies you will use to make a paper Mickey Leprechaun:
- Medium Weight Cardstock (not construction paper)
- Glue Stick
- Gold Glitter
- Foam Padded Magnet
- Template File
Here are the tools you will use to make this paper craft:
- Cricut or Scissors (if you would like design space screenshots let me know and I can do this)
How to Make a Mickey Leprechaun Using Your Cricut
- First, load the St. Patricks Day SVG into Design Space.
- You will want to resize Mickey to a size smaller than 7” width. Keep proportions in place.
- Next, you want to weld all the pieces together.
- Now you want to click make and follow the prompts on your Cricut machine. Select medium weight cardstock for cutting and use the green mat.
- You want to cut out the background shape of your Mickey on black.
- After it is done cutting you want to return to your project.
- Now you want to reload the Mickey SVG and resize to the same dimensions you used before.
- Go ahead and delete the black pieces.
- Click make follow the prompts again using green and yellow medium weight cardstock.
- Once all of your pieces are cut, begin assembling them together. Start by gluing the green cardstock on to the black.
- Then you will apply glitter to the yellow cardstock pieces and put them on the Mickey shape.
- Now you want to allow it all to dry 100% y and then place a foam padded magnet to the back. You’re done… display it!
How to Make a Mickey Mouse Paper Leprechaun Using Scissors
- Print out the PDF template using the color cardstock as indicated on each page.
- After printing, cut out the shapes using scissors.
- Next you want to glue and apply glitter to the yellow pieces.
- Allow to dry 100% and then attach a foam padded magnet to the back. You’re done- display and enjoy!