I have heard from many of you that you or your kids struggle with reading time. Rather kids are reading independently or you are enjoying read a loud time, there is an opportunity for growth and learning.
Right now we are reading about all things that are under the sea. This is a great way to get kids interested in all of the wonder the ocean has to offer!
We love doing and learning new things about the ecosystems, organisms, and sea life that make up the great big blue. Along with activities our kids love to read! Here are some excellent finds for books that even the youngest of readers can enjoy!
NO MORE MELTDOWNS AT THE LIBRARY!
Under The Sea Books For Preschoolers
- Under the Sea Feel Reals Book is full of textures for little ones to touch and recognize.
- Under the Sea Peekaboos is an adorable flap book full of surprises.
- 123 Under The Sea is a perfect counting book for early readers.
- Way Down in the Deep Blue Sea is full of a catchy fun rhyme that will keep their attention.
- Guess Who’s Under the Sea is a wonderful guessing game story for preschoolers.
- Inspire learning, counting, and fun with I Spy Under the Sea.
- Hooray For Fish is a cute tale of discovery under the sea!
- Mister Seahorse is full of color and wonder at the amazing life of a sea horse!
- This Little Shark book is a super awesome way to both read and interact because it features a finger puppet!
The Best Ocean Based Early Readers
- The Rainbow Fish is such a modern classic with beatiful illustrations!
- The Little Blue Octopus is a story of a very smart octopus who is trying to find his place in the ocean.
- This book The Pout Pout Fish is a cute rhyming story of a pouting fish in the deep blue sea.
- The adventure in Finding Dory includes a valiant effort to find her family!
- The Snail and the Whale tells a great story of a snail who hitches a ride on a whale and this one is perfect for preschool up to third grade!
- The Thing About Jellyfish is a stunning story about both grief and wonder.
- Hark a Shark is a fabulous introduction to all kinds of sharks for early readers.
- Poor Little Guy is a delightful tale of the smallest of fish and his huge victory!
- Berenstein Bears Under The Sea is a super fun and classic version of the adventures of the bears!
- Wish For A Fish is a dynamic read and intro to sea creatures with Cat in the Hat.
- Whale of a Tale sets out on the adventures in search of dolphins, whales, and porpoises.
- Amos & Boris includes a sweet story of two friends with nothing in common.
- This book of Seashells by the Seashore is a charming read all about finding shells.
Under The Sea Read Alouds
- This National Geographic First Big Book of Ocean is a great read aloud for interesting facts about sea life.
- Dolphin Treasure is a great book about a fisherman who is left stranded but finds help in dolphins.
- Who can resist the splendor of the ocean with Ms. Frizzle in The Magic School Bus On The Ocean Floor.
- Dolphins at Daybreak is an adventurous tale the whole family will love.
- Dark Day in the Deep Sea is another great read aloud with the kids from Magic Tree House.
- Burt Dow, Deep Water Man tells the story of a man and his pet gull who set out to sea and get caught in a storm.
What are your best ocean books your kids love to read? Share your ideas!
Under the Sea Coloring Pages
Have fidgety kids during read aloud time? Try these color pages! My boys love them (and they include handwriting practice!)