I know that summer means family vacations for many of you.
Whether you are flying or driving to your family destination this summer you know that traveling with kids in tow can be a complete act of congress. We are not really big travelers in our house and typically visit family every summer and throughout the year but even those travel experiences can be a chore if not prepared for.
Family vacations are supposed to be fun and full of excitement. So be prepared and use these tips for simplifying travel with your kids to be sure your next family travel is a true adventure!
Simplify Travel with Kids
1. Give yourself plenty of time. Being in a rush is no fun and it is complete torture when you have kiddos tagging along. So avoid the whining and frustration by planning out your
2. Use an old Coffee Creamer Container for easy snacking while on the go and super easy to keep filled with easy snacks! These are great for long car rides and avoiding stops at every gas station. Or just use a basket or bag for passing around the car full of snacks your family loves.
3. Pack an activity bag. These can be used anywhere. Pack a bag full of some awesome hands on kids activities.These are so awesome for the little kids and a lot of fun too!
4. Take along the screen activities. These can be tablets or hand held gaming devices that are an easy carry on for planes or pack them in the activity bag. Even if you are limiting screen time for your kids travel time is a great time to give them that opportunity!
5. Use this Packing Printable to make sure you have everything you need on hand for the kiddos. There is nothing worse than getting to your destination and missing something you needed for the kids.
6. Think about assembling a binder for activities. This Road Trip Binder Idea is great and you can put one together for each kid. They are full of games, activities, and other tips to keep kids occupied!
7. Traveling with a baby? You can tie a ribbon or shoe lace to the cup or bottle and then attaching it to the carseat or even a backpack to be sure it is never lost or you are hunting for it while traveling.
8. Consider renting. If it lightens your load some to not pack up the stroller, portable crib, and other items then don’t. Most places rent these items and good news is they are typically so inexpensive!
9. Play games. Yes! The whole family can participate. You will be making memories and sharing laughs with these Road Trip Games.
10. Use a cereal container for a trash bin. So compact and perfect for tossing away trash while out on the road!
11. Consider these dinner kits. These things are awesome! You can put in utensils, napkins, and anything else they might need for eating. They can then pack up their trash for a quick toss!
12. Pack a nightlight! Hotel rooms are really unfamiliar and finding the potty in the middle of the night can be a bit scary. So carry along a little plug in nightlight for the kiddos!
13. Have the kids wear slip on shoes if flying. This is both a lifesaver of your sanity and also your time. Going through a security checkpoint at the airport will be a breeze when the kids wear easy slip on shoes.
14. Give them a disposable camera. This is such an easy and fun way for kids to take note of their surroundings and they may grab a few really great pictures in the process!
Make sure you’re following us on Pinterest where we share tons of Mommy Solutions!
More Travel Solutions