Summer is here and learning can still happen! Keeping the kids active is a must to avoid the incessant repetition of being bored. Keeping them busy is also a great way to keep their minds at work!
During the summer we work on a variety of projects and most of them are so simple that it doesn’t take much in the form of supplies or time! Whether you are preparing for kindergarten or just beginning preschool, these ideas are perfect for summer learning for preschoolers. And they make for some serious summer fun while learning some really cool stuff! Check out these activities for kids!
Summer Learning Projects for Preschoolers
1. Use this tutorial to make homemade bubbles. Use a variation of bubble blowing tools to make different sizes and shapes!
2. Go on a nature scavenger hunt! Looking for all kinds of things in your local park or on a walking trail wil be super exciting for your preschooler.
3. Make constructions with tangrams! This makes for hours of fun and also helps with shape recognition.
4. Start a rock collection. A rock collection is so much fun for preschoolers as they explore the textures, sizes, and shapes of different rocks.
5. Play a math game with dice. Rolling the dice and adding numbers is super fun!
6. Make homemade ice cream together. This is an excellent concept to explore the elements of freezing while also enjoying a great treat!
7. Color flowers using water colors. All you need are white carnations or roses, food coloring, and water. Watch how they change!
8. Stock up your home library with some great summer reads that you can take to a park or just ready at home as a family.
9. Use butcher paper to inspire creativity and make a coloring poster!
10. Get outside with sidewalk chalk and practice letters, numbers, shapes, and patterns.
11. Practice building words with magnet letters on the refrigerator.
12. Make patterns on paper or gift wrap and break out the scissors for skill building!
13. Create an indoor color scavenger hunt and find things from inside according to color.
14. Make a homemade solar oven and cook s’mores to enjoy as a snack!
If you’re looking for more activities for kids, make sure you follow our board over on Pinterest!