This easy Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark recipe is perfect for a Christmas treat! With just three ingredients – graham crackers, milk chocolate wafers and candy canes – you’ll have delicious chocolatey bark in no time. Not only is it easy to make, but your friends and family will love the festive flavors. Plus, you get to have fun crushing the candy canes into small pieces.
No Bake Christmas Cookies and Bars are the perfect holiday treat! They’re quick and easy to make, and they don’t require any time in the oven. Plus, they’re always a big hit with kids and adults alike. Whether you’re looking for a traditional no bake cookie recipe or something a little more unique, there’s sure to be a no bake Christmas cookie or bar that’s perfect for you. So go ahead and give them a try – your friends and family will be glad you did!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this incredibly easy treat!
- Milk Chocolate Wafers– Milk Chocolate Wafers are a type of chocolate that is made with milk and cocoa butter. The milk in the chocolate gives it a creamy texture, while the cocoa butter helps to make it smooth and glossy. Milk Chocolate Wafers are ideal for Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark because they melt quickly and evenly, making it easy to create a smooth, consistent bark.
- Graham Cracker Squares– Graham Cracker Squares are the perfect size for Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark. Not too big and not too small, they provide the perfect amount of crunch. And because they’re already cut into squares, there’s no need to do any extra cutting – which means less cleanup afterwards.
- Crushed Candy Canes– The contrast of the minty candy canes with the rich chocolate is tantalizing, and the crunch of the candy adds an interesting texture to the smooth bark. Plus, the candy canes add a festive touch that is perfect for holiday gift-giving.
Supplies Needed for This Recipe
- Ziplock Bag– Ziplock bags are great for crushing candy canes because they create a tight seal. This means that the candy will stay in the bag and not go everywhere when you start crushing it.
- Kitchen Mallet– Kitchen mallets are great for crushing candy canes because they have a wide, flat surface that evenly crushes the candy cane without leaving any big pieces behind. The flat surface also helps to prevent the candy cane from flying out of the bag while you’re crushing it.
- Double Boiler and Pan– Double boilers and pans are designed for gently heating foods that might scorch or burn easily. This is especially important when melting chocolate wafers, since chocolate is notorious for burning quickly and easily. By using a double boiler or pan, you can melt the chocolate slowly and evenly, ensuring that it doesn’t become burnt or unusable.
- Parchment Paper– Parchment paper is often used in baking, as it provides a non-stick surface that can be easily removed. It’s also great for making candy, as it helps to prevent sticking and makes cleanup a breeze. Parchment paper is particularly well-suited for making Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark.
- Cookie Sheet (optional)- Cookie sheets are great for making all sorts of treats, but they’re especially well suited for making Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark. The bark is made by melting chocolate and spreading it onto a sheet of graham crackers. Once the chocolate hardens, the crackers are broken into pieces.
Candy-Making Essentials from Amazon:
Wilton Candy Melts Candy Decorating Dipping Tool Set, 5-Piece2 Pack Double Boiler Pot Set Stainless Steel Melting Pot with Silicone Spatula for Melting Chocolate, Soap, Wax, Candle Making (600ml and 1600ml)Amazon Basics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat – Pack of 2Lightbeam Digital Candy Spatula Thermometer, Instant Read Meat & Candy Thermometer Temperature Reader & Stirrer in One BPA Free Food Grade SiliconeWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanAOWOTO Meat Tenderizer Hammer Mallet Tool Pounder For Tenderizing Steak Beef And Poultry. With Rubber Comfort Grip Handle.Dishwasher Easy
How Should You Store Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark?
Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark is a delicious and easy to make dessert. The key to making it perfect is to store it correctly. Here are a few tips on how to store Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark:
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark should be stored in an airtight container. This will help to keep the graham crackers from getting stale and the chocolate from melting.
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge. If you live in a warm climate, it is best to store it in the fridge so that the chocolate does not melt.
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark can be stored for up to two weeks. If you want it to last longer, you can store it in the freezer for up to six months.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure that your Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark is always fresh and delicious!
Why is Peppermint Considered a Christmas Flavor?
One of the most popular Christmas flavors is peppermint. While it might seem like a strange flavor to associate with the holidays, there are actually a few reasons why peppermint has become such a Christmas staple. For one thing, peppermint is a very refreshing flavor, and it’s often used to flavor holiday treats like candy canes and mint chocolate bark.
Additionally, the scent of peppermint is said to help boost energy levels and improve focus, making it perfect for festive gatherings where people are mingling and exchanging gifts. Finally, peppermint is simply a classic holiday flavor that has been enjoyed by generations of Christmas revelers. Whether it’s used to flavor cookies or added to hot cocoa, peppermint is sure to add some holiday cheer.
Can I Use Chocolate Chips Instead of Chocolate Wafers for Chocolate Bark?
Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark is a fun and easy treat to make at home, and it only requires a few simple ingredients. One of the key ingredients is milk chocolate wafers, which help to give the bark its signature smooth texture. However, if you’re looking for a little bit of a change, you can also use milk chocolate chips.
The chips won’t melt down as smoothly as the wafers, but they’ll still taste delicious. Simply melts the chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, then pour them over the Graham crackers. Let the bark cool and enjoy!
Christmas Farmhouse Finds on Amazon!
SY Super Bang Christmas Noel Sign Decorations, 13.77Treory Christmas Table Wooden Sign, 4 Pcs Christmas Tree Rustic Farmhouse Table Decor, Multiple Styles and Sizes Xmas Tree Christmas Tiered Tray Decor for Xmas Winter Holiday Home DecorationsChristmas Decorations Indoor Home Decor, 1 Set of Faux Book Stack & Buffalo Plaid Ribbon, 1 Red Truck with Farmhouse Christmas Tree Sign & Pine Branch, Kitchen Tiered Tray Decor Tabletop Shelf SitterChristmas Decor – Christmas Decorations Indoor – Believe Merry Christmas Wooden Signs & Buffalo Plaid Gnomes Plush Set – Farmhouse Rustic Tiered Tray Country Decor for Home Room Table Mantle FireplaceArtoid Mode Waterclor Buffalo Plaid Christmas Trees Merry Xmas Table Runner, Seasonal Winter Holiday Kitchen Dining Table Decoration for Indoor Outdoor Home Party Decor 13 x 72 InchEternhome Christmas Truck Decorations LED Lighted Season Greeting Wreath Block for Home Farmhouse Winter Wooden Decor Vintage Rustic Sign for Table House Kitchen Holiday Xmas
More Delicious No Bake Christmas Cookies and Bars
- No Bake Christmas Wreath Cookies
- Easy No Bake Santa Cookies
- Santa No Bake Christmas Cookies
- The Most Amazing No Bake Rice Krispies Snack
More Holiday Treats Made with Candy Canes!
- How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Peppermint Bark Brownies from Scratch
- Christmas Cookies with Peppermint
- Holiday Peppermint Bark Bread
- 12 Ounce Bag Milk Chocolate Wafers or Morsels
- 10 Graham Cracker Squares
- 2-3 Candy Canes
- Ziplock Bag
- Kitchen Mallet (or toy hammer)
- Double Boiler and Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet (optional)
- Use a double boiler to melt one package of chocolate wafers or morsels.
- Take the graham squares and submerge them into the melted chocolate making sure you coat both sides of the cracker and all the corners and edges.
- Place the chocolate crackers on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place the candy canes in a ziplock bag and seal it up.
- Let your kids take turns crushing the candy with a kitchen mallet or toy hammer.
- Sprinkle some of the peppermint pieces over the tops of the chocolate dipped graham crackers.
- Be as sparing or plentiful as you like.
- Let them cool completely- this can take a while. A few hours even.
- If you pop the cookie sheet in the fridge or freezer it will speed up the cooling process significantly.
- Once they are 100% cool, the crackers should peel away from the parchment paper easily and not leave any chocolate residue behind.
- You can display them on a tray if you’re hosting a party, bag them up for neighbors or teachers as homemade gifts, or even display them in a cake dome if you plan to have them out for a few days.