I can not tell you just how much I look forward to this time of year! Family, feasting together, crisp cool air….
If you are working on learning the details behind the reason for Thanksgiving or just on the hunt for a good book to share in the fall weather with as a family these 30 Thanksgiving books are perfect! Grab this list and take it with you to the library, or hop over to Amazon and add them to your home library.
Thanksgiving Books for Kids
1. There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Turkey is a fun read about a quirky old lady!
2. Your kids will love the silly rhymes in 10 Fat Turkeys.
3. The Story of the Pilgrims tells the actual tale and hardship of the travel to America.
4. Cheerful and colorful photos outline this story of thanks in Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks.
5. Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving is such groovy fun for kids!
6. The Bernstein Bears Give Thanks is a cute tale of the bear cubs and learning about Thanksgiving with family.
7. T’was Night Before Thanksgiving talks of the preparation of a family feast!
8. Your little ones will love learning about Thanksgiving in T is for Turkey: A True Thanksgiving Story.
9. Turkey Trouble is a fun story of a turkey who is about to become Thanksgiving’s main dish.
10. The Thanksgiving Story is such a wonderful and true testament of Thanksgiving.
11. In this book Little Critter: Just a Special Thanksgiving, Little Critter is about to have a Thanksgiving he won’t forget!
12. Being Thankful is a great book about just what to be thankful for!
13. Lil Pup must learn what to be thankful for in autumn in this great book God Gave Us Thankful Hearts.
14. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is sure to be a family favorite and a celebration among friends!
15. Five Silly Turkeys is an awesome read for toddlers with colorful pictures and counting fun.
16. Bear Says Thanks with all of his friends in this book.
17. The Bernstein Bears’ Harvest Festival have some fun celebrating all things fall.
18. Tom the Turkey is counting down the days in hiding for Thanksgiving.
19. The Night Before Thanksgiving is a terrific read full of laughs and learning!
20. Thanks For Thanksgiving declares just where and what to give thanks for at Thanksgiving.
21. Your little one will love to hear all of the things Biscuit loves in this book Biscuit Is Thankful.
22. Pinkalicious and Peter are helping out with Thanksgiving in Pinkalicious: Thankful Helper.
23. Thanksgiving On Thursday is an excellent read for your grade school kiddos!
24. If You Sailed On The Mayflower in 1620 what would you bring and how would it all go for you in the first Thanskgiving?
25. With rhyming and cute pictures the little crowd will love the fun in Thanksgiving Parade.
26. A Plump and Perky Turkey tells the tale of just how some people are looking to catch a clever turkey.
27. One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims and Indians prepare for a delicious feast!
28. Run, Turkey, Run! is cute and entertaining when turkey is looking to get away from the farmer.
29. The Pilgrim’s First Thanksgiving tells the story of the struggles and hardships of the pilgrims.
30. Celebrate all of the amazing things that come along with Thanksgiving and a courageous turtle in Franklin’s Thanksgiving.
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tale to share? We want to hear of your favorites!