27 Items For Worry Free Family Camping
Don’t you just love the warmer weather? We look forward to it every year. It kind of gets us out of the gloom winter can bring there at the end. As a kid I remember family camping trips. It was seriously so much fun.
There is just something about sleeping outside in a tent that is super exciting for kids. You get to experience all of the sounds of nature, explore, and step outside of the hustle of everyday life. Growing up camping was a getaway for us as kids. We fished, we hiked and rode bikes, and of course there were tons of laughs and memories made with family.
There are a lot of items necessary for making the best camping trip possible. Here are is a list of 27 Camping Items that will make your venture worry free!
What to Take on a Family Camping Trip
1. Assemble your tent and keep things clean with this best selling Coleman Tent Kit!
2. This Camping Cookbook is an instant download with 30 recipes. Breakfast, dinner and desserts all included!!
Summer Pop ‘n Sit SE Booster Chair, Sweet Life Edition, Aqua Sugar Color – Booster Seat for Indoor/Outdoor Use – Fast, Easy and Compact Fold
3. You have to have this Portable High Chair that folds up easy for travel and comes with a handy carrying bag.
Mac Sports H900S-100 Topnotch Heavy Duty Multi-Use Outdoor Camping Portable Folding Hammock (Blue/Gray)
4. Relaxing is made simple with your own Portable Folding Hammock that is perfect for on the go!
2 Pack Camping Lanterns, USB Rechargeable and Battery Powered 2-in-1 LED Lanterns, Hurricane Lights with Flashlight and Magnet Base for Camping, Hurricane, Hiking, Emergency, Outage
5. This Two Pack LED Lanterns is just what you need to find your way once it gets dark! They are water resistant and collapsible.
Summer® Pop ‘N Jump® SE Portable Baby Activity Center, Sweets & Treats – Lightweight Baby Jumper with Toys and Canopy for Indoor and Outdoor Use
6. Need a place for baby to stay occupied? This GoPod is perfect as a little activity station for the little ones.
Eglagen Azorn 60 Pack Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks, Mosquito Killer and Flying Insects Catcher, Natural Plant Based Mosquitoes Fly Killer and Deet Free
7. Keep the bugs at bay with these super convenient Mosquito Sticks you can burn right at your camp site!
20W 12V Solar Battery Charger, Waterproof 20 Watt 12 Volt Solar Panel Trickle Charger & Maintainer, Built-in Intelligent MPPT Charge Controller for Car Boat RV Marine Automotive ATV
8. If you are in need of something to use for power this Waterproof Portable Solar Charger will do the trick.
Coleman 8-Person Camping Tent with Built-in Closet | Tenaya Lake Cabin Tent with Fast Pitch Setup
9. Camping is not complete without this roomy 8 Person Coleman Camping Tent for the whole family.
M2 BASICS 350 Piece Emergency First Aid Kit | Dual Layer, Wall Mountable, Medical Supplies for Business, School, Car or Home
10. Never camp without all of the essentials you can find in a First Aid Kit!
Overmont 14pc 1.95 Liter (Pot+ Kettle) Camping Cookware Mess Kit, Portable Camping Cooking Set for Backpacking, Outdoor Hiking and Picnic Pot Pan Folding Spork Knife Spoon Kit
11. Make dinner for the whole family with this set of Camping Cookware that has everything you need for meals.
The Rag Company – All-Purpose Microfiber Terry Cleaning Towels – Commercial Grade, Highly Absorbent, Lint-Free, Streak-Free, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Offices, 300gsm, 16in x 16in, Grey (12-Pack)
12. These quick drying Micro Fiber Towels are the best for camping!
High-Powered LED Flashlight S2000, RECHOO Upgraded Powerful 2000 High Lumens Flashlights with 3 Modes, Zoomable, Water Resistant Flash Light for Camping, Outdoor, Emergency, Hiking
13. You must have these LED Flashlights on hand. They fit right in your pocket!
Coleman All-Weather Multi-Layer Sleeping Bag, Blue
14. Stay warm and cozy at night in this Coleman Cooler Weather Sleeping Bag.
Coleman Camping Chair | Lightweight Utopia Breeze Beach Chair | Outdoor Chair with Low Profile
15. This Folding Chair has a built in dining feature for sitting and eating right by the fire!
iDOO Queen Size Air Mattress, Inflatable Airbed with Built-in Pump, 3 Mins Quick Self-Inflation/Deflation, Comfortable Top Surface Blow Up Bed for Home Portable Camping Travel, 80x60x18in, 650lb MAX
16. Check out this Air Mattress that has a built in electric pump to have it filled in no time.
MixRBBQ Cast Iron Griddle with Bag for Coleman Roadtrip Swaptop Grills, Outdoor BBQ Camping Grills Nonstick Cooking Griddle Accessories, Full Size
17. Cooking is super simple with this Cooking Griddle that has handles for carrying too.
G4Free 20L Lightweight Packable Backpack Travel Hiking Daypack Foldable
18. If you are heading out on a hiking adventure you will need this Lightweight Backpack for water, snacks, and other necessities.
Stansport Aluminum Percolator Coffee Pot, 9 Cups
19. You gotta have coffee in the mornings and you can make it up right with this Coffee Percolator.
Slsy Folding Camping Cot, Folding Cot Camping Cot for Adults Portable Folding Outdoor Cot with Carry Bags for Outdoor Travel Camp Beach Vacation
20. This Portable Bed fits just right inside your tent for sleeping under the stars!
Coleman Rolling Cooler | 62 Quart Xtreme 5 Day Cooler with Wheels | Wheeled Hard Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 5 Days, Blue
21. Keep all your cold foods cool and secure in this Rolling Cooler.
Briout Marshmallow Roasting Sticks 10 Pack Extra Long 45’’ Stainless Telescoping Hot Dog Smores Skewers Kids Safe Barbecue Forks for Campfire, Bonfire and Grill
22. Cook marshmallows and hot dogs fire side with this handy Roasting Sticks.
Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion, Broad Spectrum SPF 70 Sunscreen Multi Pack, 7 Fl Oz, Pack of 2
23. Don’t venture out without Sunscreen! It is a must for the outdoors!
Hiasan Checkered Vinyl Tablecloth Rectangle – 54 x 80 Inch – 100% Waterproof & Stain Resistant Wipeable Plaid PVC Table Cover for Outdoor Picnic/Kitchen Dining/Farmhouse, Black and White
24. A good Tablecloth is great for covering the table and this one wipes clean and is reuseable!
Heavy Duty Muslin Clamps 4 1/2 inch 6 Pack
25. Make sure the tablecloth stays on the table with these must have Tablecloth Clamps.
Sun Shade Sail, Triangle Sail Shade Waterproof Canopy UV Block Sunshade Awning for Patio Backyard Garden Outdoor Activities (13’x13’x13′, Dark Blue)
25. Keep cool and shaded with a Triangular Sun Shade that fits great over common areas.
HBlife 6 pack Large Pop-Up Mesh Food Cover Tent,17 Inches Food Protector Covers Reusable and Collapsible Outdoor Picnic Food Covers Tent For Bugs, Parties Picnics, BBQs
26. These Food Tents are great for keeping food secure and flies away when you have a setup on the table top!
Wakeman Outdoors Collapsible Multiuse Wash Bin- Portable Wash Basin/Dish Tub/Ice Bucket with 10 L Capacity for Camping, Tailgating, More
27. This Folding Wash Basin is perfect for washing and rinsing dishes at your campsite.
Fire starters for Grill, Fireplace, Campfires, Wood & Pellet Stove,Chimney, Fire Pit, BBQ, Smoker – Charcoal Fire Starter Waterproof Odorless Safe for Indoor/Outdoor Use – Quick Natural Firestarter
28. Get a fire going in no time with this handy dandy Fire Starter that is a must have for camping.
What are some essentials for your camping trip? Share your ideas!
More Camping Resources
25 Things to Cook When You Go Camping
LED lanterns are a must on any camping trip. They put out a super bright light, and the draw less battery power, too.
This is such a great resource! Pretty much everything you put on this list IS an essential. I love an article with no fluff.
This is a really great list! I look forward to taking my kids camping one day, but I want them to get just a little older first. Right now, they can’t stay out of their electronics and away from Dan DTM long enough to enjoy it.
I don’t camp and I don’t have kids so I will just have to take your word for everything on this list! LOL!
I haven’t been camping in so long. I kinda want to go but I can’t do a tent/sleeping on the ground these days.
I grew up going camping every summer. My parents ended up buying a pop up tent. After that, camping was so much more comfortable. 🙂
We glamp when we go camping. I have to have my RV otherwise I cannot relax. I am scared of snakes so I am always afraid one is going to crawl in our tent!
I love to go camping in our RV! This is a really great list though! Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful tips. I plan to take my daughters camping over the summer. They have never actually gone camping before. I think they’re going to love it.
This is a great list of things to pack. I have not been camping in years. LED lights would make things a lot easier now. I will have to surprise the kids with a camping trip this summer.
Great list! I love camping so much, and I can’t wait to do some more of it this summer!
Awesome list! We have never gone camping as a family but now I know exactly what to bring.
What a great list! You have everything covered! I have to save this for future reference. My boys have been really persuasive with the idea of camping and this list may come very handy for us!
It’s always good to be super prepared when you go camping, I’m bookmarking this list so I can come back to it for this years camping trip. I would hate to miss anything on this list.
That’s a great list – Will have to keep it in mind! Thank you for sharing!
I think you’ve thought of e verything! It’s been so long now since I camped with kids – but maybe it’s time to get the new generation going!!
Thanks for linking up with us on Throwback Thursday!
Thx 4 sharing. Loved it.