As you know, I love the crockpot lady. I might be a stalker of hers. Her amazing recipes end up on my weekly meal plan week after week. Her Crockpot Candy Chicken recipe is cooking in my kitchen at this very minute.
Stephanie O’Dea is the author of multiple sites (which have recently all been married into one lovely site). She has also written a couple of crockpot cookbooks. Now, we can add Totally Together to the list.
Shortly after becoming a mom, over nine years ago, Stephanie quickly realized there was a need for an all-inclusive day planner or organizer. She knew that mom’s needed a planner for capturing family stuff, but she also wanted a book that would tell her what to do. She longed for reminders to set appointments, reminders to send out holiday cards and to call her mother. She wanted a set list of daily, weekly and monthly chores that she could check off, ’cause women love a check off list! Soon she started creating this journal Totally Together. Where day planner meets The Jetson’s- only in paperback.
About Totally Together
Does the thought of having company over or entertaining send you into a tailspin? Well, Stephanie is here to help us keep our house company ready within 30 minutes by helping us whip our homes into shape.
Stephanie lives by the “clean less, play more\” method, which allows you to fly through all the chores and minutiae in minutes a day so you can move on to what you really want to do: spend time with family and enjoy living life. Using a weekly organizational planner format, she spells out exactly what chores are essential and how they should be tackled to maximize time and minimize effort including:
- Seven daily chores that anyone in the family can do in just minutes
- Yearly, seasonally, monthly, and weekly chores divided into bite-sized chunks
- Household tips and cleaning shortcuts
- Guide for setting up meal plans
- Fun, fast recipes
- Reproducible grocery list with check boxes
- An action plan for keeping the entire family organized
One of my favorite things in this book is the section on age appropriate chores for children. I think no matter how much we know as mom’s that our children are capable of doing chores each day, we still put the weight of so many of the household chores on our own shoulders. Sometimes it is good for me to see what other people find effective when giving their children chores and household tasks. I also like that she breaks it down to give us ideas to make cleaning fun for all ages.
Throughout the book Stephanie also shares tips to make the household responsibilities easier, even for mom. I like this one for your microwave.
Easy Microwave Cleaning:
- Moisten a dish sponge, and sprinkle it lightly with baking soda.
- Cook the sponge on high in the microwave for one minute.
- Wipe down the microwave walls, floor, and door with this sponge.
- Rinse the sponge thoroughly and wipe out the microwave again to rinse away the baking soda residue, leaving your microwave clean and deodorized.
- Cover food with a paper towel when heating food to ward off future splatters.
Totally Together is certainly a mommy solution! This book hit shelves TODAY and sells for $15- very budget friendly and can be found at Borders, Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com, just to name a few.
- Enter once or enter all 9 ways. You choose.
- Leave a comment for each entry as well as your email address so I can notify you if you win.
- Have all of your entries in by 8/16/11 by 11:59 pm, central time.
- Winner will be chosen using Random.org.
Ways to Enter
- Tell me why you would love to win this book or why you need it.
- Subscribe to Stephanie O’Dea’s site. The icon is in the upper right section of her site in the header.
- Like Stephanie O’Dea on Facebook.
- Follow Stephanie O’Dea on Twitter.
- Like Crystal & Co on Facebook.
- Follow Crystal & Co on Twitter.
- Follow Crystal & Co via Google Friend Connect. (right sidebar)
- Have Crystal & Co delivered to your inbox. (enter email address in right sidebar)
- Tweet this message once per day with the link: RT @crystalandcomp is giving away a #free copy of #TotallyTogether by @stephanieodea. Mange your household with ease! http://bit.ly/pn1csc