This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
You know what I love about bacon? It can go with breakfast, lunch or dinner!
We have created the ultimate bacon and egg sandwich (with cheese… ) that is perfect for any time of day. We made it as a family for brunch, actually.
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
And you will never believe what inspired it!
Yesterday I took my seven year old and a friend to a local tea room for lunch.
Yes, my seven year old son. In a tea room.
Forget the fact that he made a Dr. Pepper tornado with his fancy glass and straw…. Of course these kiddos ordered a bacon sandwich while I had tea and crumpets. (There really were not crumpets on the menu.)
As we ate I admired their bacon and egg sandwiches and then we came home and recreated them!
(this is for one sandwich)
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of Jimmy Dean® Applewood Smoked bacon
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- In one pan fry your bacon over medium heat. Your family will devour the taste of the applewood smoked bacon. And it is divine cooking, too! Set bacon aside once done on a paper towel.
- On a griddle, over medium-high heat, melt 1 T of coconut oil. Fry your egg in it. My kids prefer the yolk not runny. Hubby likes it runny. Do what everyone loves. Remove the egg and set aside.
- There will be remaining oil on the griddle. Place two slices of bread on the griddle and toast each side.
- Once toasted place 1/4 c cheese on one slice of toast. Then add the 3 strips of bacon. Then add the egg on top of the bacon. Top with the remaining 1/4 c cheese and finally the last slice of bread. Flip after 30 seconds or so. This will allow the cheese to melt on both sides.
- Serve it up with fruit.
My kids cleaned their plates.
My husband licked his plate clean. I am going to set him up with an applewood bacon IV. (Does your man love bacon?)
Or, we can just make a trip to Walmart every day and grab another pack.
Prefer hickory flavor instead of applewood? Jimmy Dean® Bacon has you covered there, too!
Oh, don’t forget to take this coupon with you when you head to Walmart.