Summertime is such a fun time with my kids. It seems like this is when we encounter more birthdays for friends and families than we do during any other time of the year. Those summer parties are a lot of fun. There are so many options that kids can do… especially outside!
I want to show you how easy it is to host an Under the Sea Party for your kiddos!
Nonetheless, kids parties can be a bit overwhelming for preparation. Of course, we as moms, want everything to be perfect. From the theme to food there is a lot of intense planning that goes into a kid’s party. Maybe you are one of those people that strives on big affairs for your kids or the opposite and you want only a few guests. Either way the whole process has to start somewhere and you are going to be required to do at least a little work.
Tips for an Under the Sea Party for Kids
1. Get everything cleaned up from prep before guests arrive. This is so key. If you are anything like me you have a sink full of dishes or you are still trying to put things together once people start arriving. (Sshhh, don’t tell!)
2. Use throw away party ware. Don’t use the fine china at your next kid’s party. You can get serving spoons, plastic platters, and plates for nearly no cost. Use these so the mess is easier to tackle!
3. Take the party outside! Avoid a mess indoors and take it out on the patio. There will be no worry for your house to get super messy and the kids have a lot more fun outside too!
4. Keep the food simple! If you stick to easy snacks that consist of mainly finger foods then this totally cuts down on the mess and the preparation.
5. Simplify the decor. You would be surprised at just how excited your kids would be over a few balloons and streamers. Parties don’t have to hurt your budget. Keep the decorations simple and just think a little goes a long way.
6. Plan your party around a theme or new upcoming movie. This is so exciting for kids. Kids love the idea of their favorite movie or character to create the basis for their party. (Wink, wink… we just had a Finding Dory Party!)
7. Be creative with game ideas! This is really easy with the new movie that is coming our and incorporating it with an under the sea party theme. Think outside the box. How about a game where you hide a paper Dory in the backyard and send everyone on a hut to find it?
8. Use Bounty, featuring Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory, for your easy clean up! With things from spills to major cake disasters Bounty is seriously a go to for cleaning up messes with kids. Bounty, the Quicker Picker Upper, is the best for messes with kids. I can attest to that with a house full of boys who are totally prone to messes! These paper towels are more absorbent, so the roll can last 50% longer. You don’t have to use as many and trust me you will want to keep these on hand this summer.
Good news is, with the new Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory is hitting theaters on June 17th, and Bounty prints featuring Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory are on shelves now! Have you seen them? We had so much fun with these! The prints are super cute. Look for them the next time you are out at the store!
Who is ready to see Finding Dory? We would love to hear how your favorite Under the Sea party ideas!
More Under the Sea Fun
This post is brought to you by Bounty. Please feel free to read my disclosure.