Being a role model for a child is such a rewarding experience, as a parent or not.
As parents we are at a loss at times. There are questions that never stop repeating in your mind. Are our kids getting everything they need from us? Are we spending enough time with them? Are we parenting as a survivalist or an activist? These are real questions so many of us struggle with. The truth is, we can ensure that we are being active and making a difference not just in the lives of our own children, but in the lives of other children as well.
Do you volunteer your time anywhere? Whether you are an active member of a group for kids, volunteer in Sunday school at church, or read to the kiddos at your local school or homeschool co-op, understand just how much you are making a difference. Investing our time can bring so much motivation to a child and make them feel loved.
There are so many ways for adults to get involved and make a difference in a child’s life. The benefits are endless for both you and the child. Many children lack sufficient and active role models in their lives. We see this everywhere. Whether you are a parent, aunt, uncle, friend, or volunteer you can easily fill a void in a child’s life that can leave an impact forever.
Children have a constant need for attention, love, affection, and that strive to feel special. This is where an active role model can be most beneficial. I think often grownups overlook how time spent with a child can bring such an important boost to confidence.
Here are some ways you can make a difference now. These methods work for parents and other caregivers. Children want our time.
Ways to Make a Difference in a Child’s Life
1. Do something that the child wants to do. Giving all of your attention to the child during this time is most important. They will find that sense of feeling special from you an gain integrity and confidence in their actions. Plus they know you care about what they are interested in doing.
2. Be silly. This breaks down barriers and lets the child know you are relaxed and they can be too. Dance, laugh and have fun because these are the moments that matter most.
3. Encourage them and be positive. Supporting them and sharing their interests is a great way to let them know you are there for them.
4. Teach them principles like sharing. This is so important for kids to learn. Children gain the best principles from role models and sharing with others is a wonderful way to promote their ability to make relationships with other children.
5. Be an active listener. Every child wants to be heard. Listen to them and share stories. Relate to their feelings and stay active in conversation.
Whether you are a parent or just a friend here is an awesome way to get out there and have some fun while also promoting a good cause. All during the month of April you can visit your local Chuck E. Cheese’s and donate at the register to Big Brothers Big Sisters. This is such an amazing organization for kids and adults alike. In honor of National Volunteer Month (April), Chuck E. Cheese’s is hosting a month-long, national donation drive, allowing guests to donate $1, $5 or any amount of their choice to the nonprofit Big Brothers Big Sisters when mentioning the organization at the register. In celebration of their donation, guests who contribute can pin their name up on their store’s wall for everyone to see. Funds raised between March 31 – April 30 will help BBBS match adult volunteers (“Bigs”) with children facing adversity (“Littles”), so they may develop strong, enduring and professionally supported relationships to change lives for the better.
Aside from making a donation and being supportive there is always fun to be had at Chuck E. Cheese’s! My kids love it! It is such a hit for kids and super affordable. As a mom anything kid-friendly is mom approved! Plus, while you are there you have to try their new thin +crispy pizza! Yum! Chuck E. Cheese’s puts the fun in FUNdraising by supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Comment with a way you can get involved in your community for a chance to win a Chuck E. Cheese’s guest pass (good for 1 large pizza, 4 fountain drinks and 30 tokens) and 1,000 tickets! Use the widget below to leave your comment. Get your comment in before April 15, 2016, at midnight.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chuck E. Cheese’s. The opinions and text are all mine.