Here it is- finally.
This was so delicious and it was perfect for a cold winter night. If you are on the hunt for comfort food or something to warm your soul, this needs to be on your meal plan this week!
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 2 T olive oil
- garlic clove, minced (or 1 T of the jarred stuff)
- small onion, chopped
- handful of baby carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 c chicken broth (I used the leftover broth from cooking the chicken breasts)
- 1-2 c orzo (depending on how thick you want your soup- I did 1 cup)
- pepper, to taste
Add the olive oil to a stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
Toss in the onion, olive oil, garlic, a few cracks of pepper, the celery and carrots.
Cook over medium heat until the veggies start to get tender- about 5 to 7 minutes.
Pour the chicken broth over the veggies.
(I cooked my chicken breasts and just held on to the stock.)
Add the chicken.
Add the orzo.
I did one cup because I wanted some broth left.
Place the lid on it and continue to cook on medium until the pasta is tender and everything is well combine- about 25-30 minutes.
Serve it up in bowls.
We had delicious garlic cheddar biscuits with our soup.