This Instant Pot Potato Soup is a delicious, hearty soup that’s perfect for a quick and easy meal. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this soup on the table in no time. The instant pot makes this recipe even easier, as it cooks the soup quickly and evenly. So if you’re looking for an easy instant pot recipe, this instant pot potato soup is a great choice.
One of the best things about instant pot recipes is that they help you get dinner on the table fast. Whether you’re short on time or just don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen, Instant Pot Recipes can be a lifesaver. And because the instant pot cooks food so quickly, you won’t have to worry about your food getting overcooked or dry. So if you’re looking for a way to eat healthy without sacrificing flavor or quality, instant pot recipes are definitely worth trying.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this delicious soup!
- Russet Potatoes– Russet potatoes are good for soup is because they have a high starch content so they will thicken up your soup and make it more filling. Russet potatoes also tend to hold their shape well, which helps if you want your soup to have chunks of potato in it.
- Onions– Onions are a staple in many soup recipes. They add flavor and depth to the dish, and their sweetness pairs well with other ingredients.
- Chicken Broth– Chicken broth is a staple ingredient in many soups, stews, and sauces. It adds flavor and body to dishes, and its nutrients can be beneficial for our health.
- Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter– Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter helps to thicken the soup and add creaminess, without requiring any additional dairy. Instant pot recipes often call for Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, since it can be added at the beginning of the cooking process and will melt evenly into the soup.
- Minced Garlic– Minced garlic is especially important in soup. Soup is all about layering flavors, and minced garlic adds a depth of flavor that cannot be achieved with other forms of garlic.
- Kosher Salt– Kosher salt is a good choice for soup recipes because it dissolves easily and adds flavor without being overpowering.
- Ground Pepper- Ground pepper is a robust flavor that enhances the taste of the soup without overpowering it.
- Heavy Cream– Heavy cream is an important ingredient in potato soup for several reasons. First, it adds richness and depth of flavor. Second, it helps to thicken the soup, giving it a velvety texture.
- Sour Cream–Sour cream adds a richness and depth of flavor that you just can’t get from milk or cream alone. It also helps to thicken the soup and give it a beautiful, velvety texture.
- Cornstarch– When added to soup, cornstarch thickens the broth and gives it a creamier texture. Cornstarch is also used to prevent the potatoes from disintegrating during cooking. Without it, the potatoes would turn to mush and ruin the soup.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese– Sharp cheddar has a strong, distinct flavor that enhances the other flavors in the soup. It also helps to thicken the soup and add creaminess. In addition, sharp cheddar cheese melts beautifully, making it the perfect choice for a comforting bowl of potato soup.
Recipe Essentials at Amazon:
Instant Pot Ultra, 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, and more, Includes App With Over 800 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 QuartInstant Pot Zest Plus 20 Cup Cooked rice, 5Litre Rice Cooker,Steamer, Slow Cooker,13 One Touch Programs, No Pressure Cooking FunctionalityChefman Immersion Blender 300-Watt Turbo 12 Speed Stick Hand Blender, Powerful Ice Crushing Design Purees Smoothies, Sauces & Soups, Detachable Heat Resistant Plastic Blade Guard Protects Pots, BlackOXO Good Grips 5-Quart Mixing BowlWhisks for Cooking, 3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisk for Blending, Whisking, Beating and Stirring, Enhanced Version Balloon Wire Whisk Set, 8
How Do You Use an Instant Pot as a Soup Pot?
Soups are the perfect comfort food, and instant pots make them even easier to prepare. There are a few things to keep in mind when using an instant pot for soup recipes. First, use enough liquid. Soups need more liquid than other dishes because they will be evaporating during the cooking process. Second, don’t overcrowd the pot. Instant pots work best when they’re not too full, so make sure to leave plenty of room for your ingredients.
Finally, consider the cook time. Soup recipes typically have longer cook times than other instant pot recipes, so plan accordingly. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create delicious soups that your whole family will enjoy.
Why Isn’t My Potato Soup Creamy?
If you’re wondering why your potato soup isn’t creamy, there are a few possible reasons. One is that you didn’t cook the potatoes long enough. Potatoes need to be cooked until they’re very soft in order to achieve a creamy texture. Another possibility is that you didn’t use enough cream or milk. Be sure to add enough of these ingredients so that the soup has a rich, creamy flavor. You can also try adding some shredded cheese to the soup.
This will add creaminess and depth of flavor. Finally, make sure you’re using an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender, but you’ll need to be careful not to over-blend the soup and make it gummy. If you follow these tips, you should be able to make a delicious, creamy potato soup.
Which Potatoes are Best for Soup?
If you’re looking for the best instant pot recipes, you can’t go wrong with potatoes. They’re versatile, easy to cook, and can be used in a variety of dishes. But which potatoes are best for soup? Generally, you’ll want to use a starchy potato like a Russet or Yukon Gold. These varieties will break down during cooking, creating a creamy texture that is perfect for soup. Avoid using waxy potatoes like Red Bliss or new potatoes. These varieties will hold their shape and can make your soup watery and thin. So if you’re looking for the best instant pot recipes, be sure to use starchy potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold.
Instant Pot Essentials at Amazon:
Instant Pot Ultra, 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, and more, Includes App With Over 800 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 QuartInstant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, Stainless Steel Rim, for 5 Qt/L or 6 Qt/L ModelsInstant Pot Official Round Cake Pan, 7.7-Inch, GrayAozita Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with Sling for Instant Pot Accessories 6/8 qt – Pot in Pot, Baking, Casseroles, Lasagna Pans, Food Steamer for Pressure Cooker, Upgrade Interchangeable LidsAir Fryer Lid for 6 & 8 Quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, Multifunction 1000W Pressure Cooker Lid to Air Fryer Dehydrator / Broil / Dehydrator with Fryer Basket
You’ll Love More of these Instant Pot Recipes!
- Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Beans and Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Southern Stuffing Recipe
Delicious Potato Recipes You Will Enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder
- Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Italian Roasted Potato Bites Recipe
- 10 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 3 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Add diced potatoes, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on top, lock and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream, sour cream, and the cornstarch together.
- Stir into the soup.
- Mix in the sharp cheddar cheese
- Press the sauté button and cook the soup (while stirring) until the soup thickens.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to make a smooth and creamy soup.