This Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. It also calls for frozen broccoli, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, the creamy sauce is delicious and can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re feeding a larger crowd. Top with some shredded cheddar cheese and Panko bread crumbs before baking for an extra-special touch. This easy chicken divan recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Chicken casserole is a classic comfort food that is easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family. There are endless possibilities when it comes to Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes, so you can always find one that suits your taste. Whether you’re looking for a hearty dish to warm you up on a cold day or a light and easy meal to prepare during the week, chicken casserole is always a good option. Plus, leftovers taste even better the next day, so you can always have something delicious to look forward to. So next time you’re looking for an easy meal to make, don’t forget about chicken casserole!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this easy weeknight meal!
- Frozen Broccoli– Frozen broccoli is a great ingredient to use in chicken divan recipes because it is already cooked. This means that you don’t have to spend time cooking the broccoli, which can be a time-consuming step in the recipe.
- Cooked Chicken– Cooked chicken is a key ingredient in chicken divan recipes. When cooked, chicken meat becomes more tender and easier to shred. This makes it ideal for creating a flavorful, moist filling for chicken divan.
- Cream of Chicken Soup– Chicken divan is a classic dish that typically features chicken, broccoli, and a creamy sauce. While there are many different ways to make this dish, one of the most popular ingredients is Cream of Chicken Soup. This soup helps to add flavor and creaminess to the dish, making it more enjoyable to eat. In addition, Cream of Chicken Soup can help to bind the ingredients together, making it easier to create a cohesive meal.
- Mayonnaise– Mayonnaise is often used as a condiment, but it can also be a key ingredient in many recipes. For example, Mayonnaise is a key ingredient in chicken divan. This dish is traditionally made with chicken, broccoli, and a cream sauce. While there are many different ways to make the cream sauce, Mayonnaise is often used as a base.
- Lemon Juice– Lemon juice is a key ingredient in many chicken divan recipes. The tartness of the lemon juice helps to balance out the richness of the dish, and it also adds a bright flavor that complements the other ingredients. In addition, the acidity of the lemon juice helps to tenderize the chicken, making it more moist and flavorful.
- Curry Powder– Curry powder is a popular ingredient in many Indian and Thai dishes. It’s made from a blend of spices, including cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili pepper. Curry powder can add a touch of heat to a dish, as well as a deep, complex flavor. One of my favorite ways to use curry powder is in chicken divan.
- Cheddar Cheese– Cheddar cheese is a versatile cheese that can be used in a variety of recipes. In chicken divan, it provides a rich and creamy flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dish.
- Panko Bread Crumbs– Panko bread crumbs are a great addition to chicken divan for a few reasons. First, they add a nice crunch to the dish. Second, they help to bind the ingredients together. Panko bread crumbs are also much lighter than traditional bread crumbs, so they won’t weigh down the dish or make it overly heavy.
- Butter– Butter is often used in chicken divan recipes because it adds a rich, creamy flavor to the dish. In addition, butter helps to thicken the sauce and bind the ingredients together. The fat in the butter also helps to keep the chicken moist during cooking.
Cooking Essentials from Amazon
Clear Glass Baking Dish for Oven, Oblong Casserole Dish Rectangular Baking Pan Glass Bakeware,1 Piece (2.5 Quart)STAUB Ceramics Rectangular Baking Dish Set, Casserole Dish, Baking Pans for Lasagna, Cake, 2-Piece, Rustic TurquoiseFarberware Professional Plastic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3 (Aqua, Gray, White)OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon SetHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Domonic Home Oven Mitts and Pot Holders Sets, Silicone Oven Mitts Heat Resistant 600F, Oven Mitt Set Soft Lining Good Grip, Oven Gloves and Trivet Mats 4 Piece Set, Aqua Sky
What Does Divan in Chicken Divan Mean?
Chicken divan recipe originated in America, the word “divan” simply means chicken casserole. Some say the dish was named after a restaurant in New York City, while others believe it was created at the Divan Parisien, a popular eatery in the early 20th century. No matter its origin, chicken divan has become a classic comfort food enjoyed by families across the country.
The dish typically features chicken breasts or thighs simmered in a creamy sauce, then topped with broccoli and cheese. Sometimes rice or pasta is added to the casserole, making it a complete meal in one dish. Whether you enjoy chicken divan on its own or serve it over a bed of rice, this rich and creamy casserole is sure to please everyone at the table.
Can I Substitute Broccoli in Chicken Divan?
Chicken divan is a classic recipe that typically features chicken, broccoli, and cheese sauce. While the dish is delicious as is, you may be wondering if you can substitute another vegetable for the broccoli. The good news is that there are several options that will work well in chicken divan.
One option is to use cauliflower instead of broccoli. Cauliflower has a similar texture and flavor to broccoli, making it a good choice for this dish. Another option is to use green beans. Green beans will add a pop of color to the dish and can be cooked until they are tender but still crispy. Finally, you could also use Brussel sprouts in chicken divan. While they have a stronger flavor than broccoli, they will still taste great when coated in cheese sauce.
So, if you’re looking to change up your chicken divan recipe, don’t be afraid to experiment with different vegetables. There are many tasty options that will work well in this dish.
How Do You Reheat Frozen Chicken Divan?
Chicken divan is a delicious chicken casserole that is often made with broccoli and a creamy sauce. It can be a great meal for entertaining or for a quick weeknight dinner. While chicken divan is usually cooked from scratch, it can also be made ahead of time and reheated when needed. When reheating chicken divan, it’s important to use low heat so that the chicken does not dry out. The best way to reheat chicken divan is in the oven.
Simply place the casserole dish in a preheated oven and bake until heated through. You can also reheat chicken divan in the microwave, but be sure to use 50% power and cook for shorter intervals so that the chicken stays moist. By following these simple tips, you can enjoy a delicious chicken divan anytime, regardless of whether it’s fresh or frozen.
Casserole Essentials at Amazon
DOWAN 13Lodge EC3CC43 Enameled Cast Iron Covered Casserole, 3-Quart, Island Spice RedCuisinart Cast Iron Casserole, 5.5 Qt Oval Covered, Enameled Provencial BlueBicuzat Blue and Orange Flower Vintage Style Ceramic Bakeware Casserole Dish Baking Pan Lasagna Pans Baking Dish with Handles for Oven/Cooking/Kitchen-1 PCS-32 OZCorningWare Pyroceram Classic Round Casseroles Cooking Pots with Handles & Glass Covers 3.5 Quart, 2.4 Quart & 1.3 Quart – White
You’ll Love These Other Chicken Casseroles!
- Easy Chicken Potato Casserole
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crockpot Casserole Chicken Green Beans and Potatoes
- Mexican Chicken Corn Casserole
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Baked Ranch Chicken
- Delicious Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- Stuffed Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- Chicken Fajitas
- 20 Ounces Frozen Broccoli
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken
- 2 (10 0z) Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder (I did not have any so I omitted it and it was still perfect)
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1-2 Tablespoon Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a pot over medium heat team the broccoli until done. Set aside.
- Dice the chicken into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, mayo, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Place the chicken and steamed broccoli into the baking dish and top with liquid mixture, coating evenly.
- In a small bowl combine the shredded cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and cheese mixture over the top of the baking dish.
- Top with pats of butter using 1-2 tablespoons.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!