This is an easy, delicious recipe for Baked Strawberry Oatmeal. You’ll love the sweet, tart flavor of the strawberries combined with the warm, comforting oats. This is a great way to start your day or enjoy as a tasty snack. It’s packed with healthy ingredients and is sure to please everyone. So, preheat your oven and get ready to enjoy a delicious bowl of hearty oatmeal!
Easy Strawberry Recipes are a great way to enjoy the sweetness of strawberries without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. These recipes are perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert or a healthy snack, there’s a recipe here for you.
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
Let me show you just how easy this is to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need for baked strawberry oatmeal:
- Sliced Frozen Strawberries– Sliced frozen strawberries are important for baked strawberry oatmeal because they help to give the oatmeal a nice strawberry flavor without making the oatmeal soggy.
- Lemon Juice– One of the key ingredients in baked oatmeal is lemon juice, which helps to add tartness and brightness to the dish. Lemon juice is also important for helping to break down the strawberries, which prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cornstarch– One of the key ingredients in baked oatmeal is cornstarch. Cornstarch helps to thicken the oatmeal and gives it a wonderful texture. It also helps to bind the ingredients together, making it easier to slice and serve.
- Old Fashioned Oats– Old Fashioned Oats are a key ingredient in baked strawberry oatmeal and they also help to absorb the liquid from the strawberries, which prevents the oatmeal from becoming too soggy. In addition, the oats add essential nutrients such as fiber and protein.
- All-Purpose Flour– This is the best flour for baked oatmeal because it yields a light and fluffy texture. Other types of flour can make baked oatmeal dense and heavy.
- Brown Sugar– Brown sugar is also important in baked oatmeal because it helps to caramelize the fruit, creating a lovely contrast between the soft oats and the juicy strawberries.
- Salt– One important ingredient in baked oatmeal is salt. Salt helps to balance the sweetness of the fruit and the oats, and it also provides a little bit of flavor. Without salt, baked oatmeal can be bland and unappetizing.
- Butter– This is an essential ingredient in baked oatmeal. Without it, the dish would be dry and crumbly, and would lack the rich flavor that makes baked oatmeal so enjoyable.
Baked Oatmeal Supplies on Amazon:
Delling Ultra-Strong 22 Ounces Soup Bowls – White Porcelain Cereal Bowls with Study Sides, Wide Base – White Large Bowls for Kitchen, Snack, Rice Pasta Salad Oatmeal, Set of 6, Microwave SafeBaking Pan Rectangular, Oven Dish Baking Tray, Heavy Duty Ceramic Pans for Cake, Lasagna, Banquet and Daily Use, 3.6 Quart High CapacityCucinare Kitchen Towels 100% Cotton Professional Grade Large and Absorbent with Vintage Stripe Tea Towel, Set of 4 (Size 20SOLEADER X-Large Serving Spoons Set, 12 Inch Slotted Spoon and Serving Spoon, Premium Spoons Silverware, Cooking Spoon, Pasta Spoon, Mixing Spoon, Foodgrade 18/8 Stainless Steel, Pack of 2
Are Baked Oatmeal and Strawberries Good for You?
This delicious and easy recipe is packed with nutritious ingredients that will help you start your day off right. The whole grains in the oatmeal provide complex carbohydrates that will give you lasting energy, while the strawberries are a good source of vitamin C. In addition, this recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients, so it’s perfect for busy mornings. So go ahead and enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast – your body will thank you for it!
Why Are My Baked Oats Soggy?
Baked oatmeal is a hearty, filling breakfast that can be easily customized to your taste. However, sometimes baked oatmeal can come out soggy instead of crispy. There are a few reasons why this might happen. First, make sure you’re using old-fashioned oats – quick oats will turn to mush when baked. Second, don’t add too much liquid – the oats should be moistened, but not swimming in liquid. Finally, make sure you bake the oats long enough. If they’re undercooked, they’ll be soggy; if they’re overcooked, they’ll be dry and crumbly. With these tips in mind, you can enjoy delicious, perfectly baked oatmeal every time.
Why Do I Need to Use Frozen Strawberries in Baked Oatmeal?
Frozen strawberries are a key ingredient in baked oatmeal, and there are two main reasons for this. First of all, frozen strawberries release their juices as they bake, which helps to moisten the oatmeal and give it a delicious flavor. Secondly, frozen strawberries tend to be much sweeter than fresh ones, so they help to naturally sweeten the oatmeal without the need for added sugar.
Barnyard Designs ‘Strawberries Pick Your Own’ Retro Vintage Metal Tin Bar Sign, Decorative Wall Art Signage, Primitive Farmhouse Country Kitchen Home Décor, 11Wrapables 100% Cotton Kitchen Dish Towels (Set of 3), Red StrawberriesNorpro, Red Strawberry Colander, MiniPudodo Strawberry Table Runner Buffalo Plaid Check Spring Summer Fruit Birthday Baby Shower Party Kitchen Dinning Home DecorationStrawberry Plants Fruit Black Kitchen Mat Water Absorbing Floormat Non-Slip Kitchen Rug
Our Favorite Strawberry Recipes!
Amazing Oatmeal Recipes!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Squares
- Oatmeal Homemade Bread Recipe
- 2 ½ Cups Sliced Frozen Strawberries, Thawed**
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 10 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees a butter a rectangular baking dish (no larger than 9 x 12).
- If you are using frozen strawberries, dry them out as much as you can by laying them on paper towel for about 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix together strawberries, lemon juice and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and melted butter in a separate bowl. Mix until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the oat mixture into the buttered pan and spread evenly. Press down on the mixture.
- Pour strawberry mixture evenly over the oat base.
- Evenly top the bars with the remaining oat mixture, pressing lightly.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes and allow to cool. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve in individual bowls.
You may also use fresh strawberries for this recipe