These Birthday Cake Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect way to celebrate your special day. They’re easy to make and taste like a delicious piece of birthday cake! Plus, they’re filled with confetti sprinkles and mini marshmallows which make them even more festive. Simply place one in a mug of hot milk and watch as it melts into a rich and creamy white hot chocolate. Add some whipped cream on top and you’ve got yourself a delicious birthday treat!
Homemade Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes are easy to follow and make for a delicious winter treat! Once you’ve got your homemade hot chocolate bomb, all you need to do is place it in a mug of hot milk and watch it explode into a rich and creamy drink! You can even get creative with your toppings, adding things like marshmallows, sprinkles, or candy.
Ready to make these?
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make the Bombs
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need for these Birthday Cake Hot Chocolate Bombs!
- Birthday Cake Flavored Candy Melts– These candies are perfect for making hot cocoa bombs, and they taste just like birthday cake! Just melt the candy in the microwave or in a double boiler, pour it into a mold, and let it cool. The best part is, there’s no need for elaborate decoration – the colorful candy coating does all the work for you.
- White Hot Chocolate Mix– White hot chocolate mix adds a creaminess and depth of flavor that you don’t get from milk chocolate.
- Mini Marshmallows– The Jet-Puffed brand marshmallows are consistently fluffy and light and they melt quickly and evenly. This makes them ideal for hot cocoa bombs, as you can be sure that your final product will be smooth and creamy.
- Confetti Sprinkles– Confetti sprinkles are the perfect way to add a little extra something to your hot cocoa bombs. There are so many different colors and types of confetti sprinkles to choose from, so it can be tough to decide which ones to use.
Supplies and Tools You’ll Need
- Silicone Bomb Mold– Silicone Bomb Molds are the perfect tool for making hot cocoa bombs. Silicone molds are also dishwasher safe, so you can easily clean them after each use.
- Disposable Piping Bag– These are good for making hot cocoa bombs because they are so easy to use and don’t require any clean-up.
- 1 Cookie Sheet Fitted with Wax Paper– Cookie sheets are ideal for making hot cocoa bombs because they provide a large, flat surface that allows the bombs to retain their shape as they cool.
Hot Chocolate Bomb Essentials from Amazon:
T-fal Signature Cookie Sheet, 15 x 10, Grey Non-stickKitchen (2 Pack) Silicone Baking Mat Sheet Set – Reusable Baking Mat Nonstick – Half Sheet Baking Mat For Oven – Red2 Pack Medium Semi Sphere Silicone Mold, Baking Mold for Making Hot Chocolate Bomb, Cake, Jelly, Dome MousseMetal Measuring Spoons Set,Premium Stainless Steel Kitchen Gadgets for Dry and Liquid Ingredients, Nesting Teaspoons for Easy Storage – 6 PieceDisposable Piping Bags – Thickened Pastry Bags 12 Inch Anti Burst and Non-slip Icing Piping Bags, for Cream Frosting Cookies and Cupcake Decorating Supplies, 100 Pcs
How Do You Get Sprinkles to Stick to Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Sprinkles are the perfect way to add a little extra flair to your hot cocoa bombs. But how do you get them to stick? The key is to use a bit of melted chocolate as adhesive. Simply drizzle a small amount of melted chocolate onto the bomb, then top with sprinkles. The chocolate will harden quickly, securing the sprinkles in place.
You can also use this method to decorate the outside of the bomb with patterns or words. Just be sure to work quickly, as the chocolate sets fast! With a little bit of creativity, you can take your hot cocoa bombs to the next level with this easy decorating technique.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Supplies from Amazon:
3 silicone mold for hot chocolate bomb Making, Cake pops, Jelly Ball- Semi circle Round Shaped Flexible hot cocoa bomb mold with Piping bag for baking, 6 Holes Silicone sphere for mold (2.74 Inches)Silicone Molds For Baking Hot Chocolate Bombs And Cocoa Bomb – Premium Large Circle Chocolate Molds Silicone Shapes – 3 Pack High Heat Silicone Baking Molds – Bonus Brush and SpatulaLa Patisserie Hot Cocoa Bomb Making Supplies – Includes Double Boiler for Chocolate Melting, Silicone Molds for Chocolate Bombs, Baking, Jello, Candy, Wax, Soap, Candle Making and a Silicone BrushSemi Sphere Silicone Mold,Chocolate Molds Sphere Jelly Holes,4 Pack Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold for Making Hot Chocolate Bombs, Half Round Jello, Dome Mousse, Cocoa Ball, Coco Bomb (Comes with 4 Droppers)WhiteRhino Silicone Chocolate Molds Set,Large Breakable Heart Mold,2.6inch Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold,Round Oreo Molds for Baking,Popsicle Cakesicle Molds,Letter Molds,Great Gift for Summer Vacation,Birthday
Should Hot Chocolate Bombs be Refrigerated?
Hot chocolate bombs are a fun and easy way to make delicious hot cocoa. Simply place the bomb in a mug, add hot milk, and watch as the chocolate shell melts away to reveal a hidden surprise of marshmallows and cocoa powder. But what is the best way to store these tasty treats?
Most recipes for hot chocolate bombs recommend storing them in the refrigerator, but this is not necessary. The chocolate coating will keep the bombs fresh at room temperature for several weeks. However, if you live in a warm climate or plan on storing the bombs for an extended period of time, it is best to keep them in the fridge. Refrigerating Hot Chocolate Bombs will help prolong their shelf life and prevent the chocolate from melting.
How Long are Homemade Hot Chocolate Bombs Good For?
Homemade hot chocolate bombs are best used within a week or two of being made. After that, the chocolate can start to bloom, which gives it a whitish appearance. While this doesn’t affect the taste of the cocoa, it can affect the visuals. If you want your hot cocoa bombs to look their best, use them within two weeks.
But if you’re like me and you tend to forget about things in the back of your pantry, don’t worry! Hot chocolate bombs will still be edible months later, even if they don’t look their best. So go ahead and enjoy that delicious cup of hot cocoa, no matter how long it’s been since you made the bomb!
More Amazing Homemade Hot Chocolate Bombs!
- Reeses Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Circus Animal Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Delicious Christmas Hot Chocolate Bomb
Fun Birthday Cake Flavored Recipes
- The Perfect Birthday Cupcake Recipe
- Birthday Cake Puppy Chow
- Birthday Cake Batter Cereal Blondies
- No-Churn Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 2 cups Birthday Cake Flavored Candy Melts
- 2 cups White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- ¼ cup Mixed Confetti Sprinkles
- Place birthday cake flavored candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even.
- Repeat with 11 bomb mold halves. Place the remaining candy melts into a zipper top bag or piping bag with a small tip.
- Place the filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently peel each of the sphere halves from the mold.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tbsp sprinkles, and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Using your leftover candy melts, drizzle the leftover candy melts over the assembled hot cocoa bombs with a spoon or a disposable piping bag then immediately follow by sprinkling additional confetti sprinkles over them.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!