Looking for a fun and easy way to get your cookie fix? Look no further than these Circus Animal Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs ! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these little treats are so much fun to turn into you favorite drink! Plus, they’re perfect for parties or gatherings. This is a recipe you will be glad you tried.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes are all the rage these days, and for good reason. They make hot chocolate more fun and interesting, and they’re surprisingly easy to make. All you need is a mold (you can find them online or at your local craft store), some chocolate, your favorite hot cocoa mix and your cute themed decorations.
Let me show you just how easy these are to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need for circus animal hot chocolate bombs.
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers– These wafers are specifically designed to melt quickly and evenly, making them perfect for use in a hot cocoa bomb.
- White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix– The rich flavor of white chocolate is the perfect complement to the sweetness of the cocoa, and the result is a hot cocoa that is simply divine.
- Mini Marshmallows– Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows are a classic for a reason. They’re small, they melt quickly, and they have a light, fluffy texture that’s perfect for hot cocoa bombs. These make a great option.
- Confetti Sprinkles– For a classic look, go with traditional rainbow sprinkles. They’ll add a pop of color to your cocoa bomb and they taste great, too! They will also match the adorable animal crackers.
- Animal Circus Cookies– Animal circus cookies are a type of decorated cookie that is popular in the United States. They are most often pink and white and have frosting. The cookies come in a variety of circus animal shapes.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Supplies on Amazon:
Large Semi Sphere Silicone Mold for Making Chocolate Bombs, DIY Chocolate Ball Mould Kit with Round & Heart Shape, 2Pcs Candy Baking Molds for Making Cocoa Bomb Jelly Dome Mousse Ice, Dia 2 3/5 inHot Chocolate Bomb Mold 2.5 inch Large Cocoa Bomb Molds , Silicone Hot Chocolate Bomb Mold for Making Cake,Chocolate,Cocoa Bombs – Chocolate Molds Come with Brush and SpatulaQETRABONE Hot Chocolate Bomb Silicone Baking Mold, Large Semi Sphere BPA-Free High Heat Silicone Baking Mold for Baking, Cake, Cocoa Bombs, Candy Molds, Jelly Making Supplies (Large 3 Packs)EnergyBud Hot Chocolate Bomb Mold Kit Hot Cocoa Bomb Set 7 Pack Semi-Sphere Silicone Chocolate Shape Maker BPA Free Multi-Sized for Cake Bombs, Candy & Soap With Spatula, Brush, Piping Bag & 6 Nozzles
Supplies and Tools You Will Need:
Silicone Sphere Molds– One option is to purchase them online (like Amazon), but if you’re needing them in a hurry, check your local craft store
Piping Bag– this is going to be used to connected the two chocolate spheres together
Cookie Sheet Fitted with Wax Paper– the wax paper makes for easier cleanup and the cookie sheet is a great place to let the cocoa bombs set
Are Hot Cocoa Bombs Hard to Make?
Hot cocoa bombs are all the rage these days, but are they really as hard to make as they look? Hot chocolate bombs are basically spheres of chocolate that contain hot chocolate mix and marshmallows. When you pour hot milk over them, they “explode” and release all of the yummy goodness inside. While they may look complicated, hot cocoa bombs are actually fairly easy to make. There are plenty of easy recipes online that only require a few simple ingredients. With a little practice, anyone can make these tasty treats. So, next time you’re feeling chilly, why not give hot cocoa bombs a try?
Are Hot Chocolate Bombs Freezer Friendly ?
Can you freeze hot cocoa bombs? The answer is yes! Hot cocoa bombs are actually quite freezer-friendly. You can store them in the freezer for up to two months, and they’ll still taste great. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe bag before putting them in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy a hot cocoa bomb, simply remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for about 15 minutes. Then, place it in a mug and pour hot milk over it. The hot cocoa bomb will melt and release all of its delicious contents into your mug.
Circus Themed Party Supplies
Carnival Candy Bags Circus Plastic Bags Carnival Party Treat Bags Popcorn Pattern Party Bags Goody Bags with 100 Gold Twisted Ties for Party Favor Supply Cookie Cupcake Wrapping(Simple,100 Packs)60 Pack Carnival Theme Party Balloons Decorations,12 Inch Circus Animal Latex Confetti Balloons for Carnival Birthday Party Clown Party Showman Party Baby Shower Supplies52pcs Carnival Circus Party Decorations Supplies, Carnival Birthday Party Ideas, Circus Happy Birthday Banner Balloons Tissue Paper Flowers Pom Poms Honeycomb Ball Circle Dots for Carnival DecorationZonon 24 Pieces Carnival Cutouts Party Supplies, Circus Theme Birthday Party Favors Circus Animals, Clown Performers Carnival Party Decoration26 Pieces Carnival Cutouts Party Supplies Circus Theme Birthday Party Favors Circus Animals Clown Performers Carnival Party Decoration
How Do You Get Sprinkles to Stick on a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
If you want to make your hot cocoa bombs extra special, you can add sprinkles and customize it to match a theme… such as circus animals! But how do you get the sprinkles to stick? There are a few different methods you can try. One is to dip the edge of the bomb in melted chocolate, then immediately dip it in the sprinkles. Another method is to put a small amount of melted chocolate in a ziplock bag (or one of your piping bags), snip off a corner, and pipe it onto the bomb. Then, quickly add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet (before it hardens). Whichever method you choose, make sure you work quickly so that the chocolate doesn’t have a chance to harden before the sprinkles are in place.
Our Favorite Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes:
Animal Birthday Party Ideas:
- 30oz Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Confetti Sprinkles
- 1 Bag Animal Circus Cookies
- Using a heat safe bowl, melt the Ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave at 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Alternately, you can use a double-boiler to melt the chocolate on low.
- Using a spoon, scoop about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold and using the back of the spoon, swirl the chocolate to completely coat the mold.
- Repeat for each mold.
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell.
- Carefully place each mold onto the cookie sheet.
- Scoop some of the melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold.
- Sprinkle in a few of the mini marshmallows.
- Crush a couple of the animal circus cookies and sprinkle some inside on top of the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle some confetti sprinkles on top.
- Pipe a line of the melted chocolate around the edge of the bottom shell and then carefully place the top shell onto the bottom piece and gently hold together for about 30 seconds to allow the shells to adhere together.
- Carefully pick up the bomb and make sure that there is no opening around the center of the shells.
- Place the mold back onto the cookie sheet.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the mold and sprinkle some confetti sprinkles on top.
- Place an Animal Circus Cookie in the center.
- Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying!
Making the Cocoa Bombs :
Building the Cocoa Bombs: