Reeses Hot Chocolate Bombs
Reeses Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect treat for any chocolate lover! Made with Reeses Pieces and peanut butter cups, they are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So why not try making your own at home? With this easy recipe, you can have homemade Reese’s hot cocoa bombs in no time!
Looking for homemade Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes? These recipes are perfect for making your own delicious hot cocoa at home. You can even customize your bombs with your favorite flavors. So whether you like your cocoa plain or topped with marshmallows, there’s a hot cocoa bomb recipe for you.
Let me show you just how easy these are to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need for Reeses hot chocolate bombs.
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers– These wafers melt easily and create a smooth, rich chocolate flavor that is perfect for hot cocoa. The wafers are also easy to find in most stores, making them a convenient option for this popular recipe.
- Hot Cocoa Mix– The chocolate in this mix creates a rich and creamy beverage that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. As a result, it’s the perfect ingredient for making hot cocoa bombs that are smooth and flavorful.
- Mini Marshmallows– When you add mini marshmallows to your hot cocoa bomb, they melt along with the chocolate and help to create a smooth and creamy drink. In addition, mini marshmallows add a touch of sweetness to your hot cocoa that can help to take the edge off a bitter cup of cocoa.
- Reeses Pieces– They are also the perfect size and shape to use in a hot cocoa bomb recipe. When you add Reeses Pieces to your hot chocolate, they melt quickly and evenly, creating a delicious and creamy drink.
- Creamy Peanut Butter– This is a great ingredient to use in a hot cocoa bomb recipe as it helps to thicken and smooth out the mixture, giving the hot chocolate a rich and velvety texture.
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups– The peanut butter and chocolate flavors are a perfect match and dissolve quickly in hot liquids, making them ideal for use in cocoa bombs. When placed in a mug of hot water or milk, the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups will melt, releasing their rich flavor into the drink.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Supplies on Amazon:
Large Semi Sphere Silicone Mold for Making Chocolate Bombs, DIY Chocolate Ball Mould Kit with Round & Heart Shape, 2Pcs Candy Baking Molds for Making Cocoa Bomb Jelly Dome Mousse Ice, Dia 2 3/5 inHot Chocolate Bomb Mold 2.5 inch Large Cocoa Bomb Molds , Silicone Hot Chocolate Bomb Mold for Making Cake,Chocolate,Cocoa Bombs – Chocolate Molds Come with Brush and SpatulaQETRABONE Hot Chocolate Bomb Silicone Baking Mold, Large Semi Sphere BPA-Free High Heat Silicone Baking Mold for Baking, Cake, Cocoa Bombs, Candy Molds, Jelly Making Supplies (Large 3 Packs)EnergyBud Hot Chocolate Bomb Mold Kit Hot Cocoa Bomb Set 7 Pack Semi-Sphere Silicone Chocolate Shape Maker BPA Free Multi-Sized for Cake Bombs, Candy & Soap With Spatula, Brush, Piping Bag & 6 Nozzles
Supplies and Tools You Will Need:
- Silicone Sphere Molds– One option is to purchase them online (like Amazon), but if you’re needing them in a hurry, check your local craft store.
- Piping Bag– this is going to be used to connected the two chocolate spheres together.
- Cookie Sheet Fitted with Wax Paper– the wax paper makes for easier cleanup and the cookie sheet is a great place to let the cocoa bombs set.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes
Here are two of our favorite hot chocolate bomb recipes that are crowd pleasers.
What Kind of Chocolate is Best for Hot Chocolate Bombs?
When it comes to hot chocolate bombs, the type of chocolate you use is really up to you. If you want a rich and creamy drink, then milk chocolate is a good option. However, if you prefer a darker chocolate flavor, then dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate are both good choices. Whatever type of chocolate you use, be sure to choose a high quality brand that will melt easily and create a smooth drink.
How Long Do Homemade Hot Cocoa Bombs Last?
If stored in an airtight container, hot chocolate bombs will last for up to 2 weeks. However, they are best used within the first week or so after they are made. This is because the marshmallows tend to absorb moisture from the air and can make the bombs slightly less fresh over time.
How Much Milk Do You Put in a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
The amount of milk you add to your hot chocolate bomb will depend on how strong you want the drink to be. For a rich and creamy drink, use about 1/2 cup of milk per bomb. If you prefer a weaker drink, then you can use 1/4 cup of milk per bomb. Simply add the desired amount of milk to your mug and then place the hot chocolate bomb in the liquid to melt.
REESE’S PIECES Peanut Butter in a Crunchy Shell Candy, Gluten Free, 9.9 oz Resealable BagREESE Chocolate Candy Peanut Butter Cups, Miniatures, 230 GramREESE’S Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy, Bulk, Individually Wrapped, Gluten Free, 1.5 oz Packs (36 Count)REESE’S THiNS Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy, Individually Wrapped, 7.37 oz Share PackREESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter, 18 oz (Pack of 2)
Our Favorite Reeses Chocolate Recipes:
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts
- Halloween Cookie Bark Recipe
Amazing Chocolate Recipes:
Reeses Hot Cocoa Bomb
This is such an easy recipe, you can have Reese's hot cocoa bombs in no time packed with chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallow.
- 30oz of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 2 Cups Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Reeses Pieces
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 8 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
Making the Cocoa Bombs :
- Using a heat safe bowl, melt the Ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave at 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Alternately, you can use a double-boiler to melt the chocolate on low.
- Using a spoon, scoop about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold and using the back of the spoon, swirl the chocolate to completely coat the mold.
- Repeat for each mold.
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell.
- Carefully place each mold onto the cookie sheet.
Building the Cocoa Bombs:
- Scoop some of the melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold
- Sprinkle in about 2 tbsp of the Reeses pieces
- Sprinkle in a few of the mini marshmallows
- Pipe a line of the melted chocolate around the edge of the bottom shell
- Carefully place the top shell onto the bottom and gently hold it for about 30 seconds to a minute to allow the piped chocolate to harden to the top shell
- Carefully pick up the bomb and make sure that there is no opening around the center of the shells
- Place the mold back onto the cutting board
- Place the 1 C of peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds to melt the peanut butter
- Spoon into the piping bag and cut the tip off and drizzle peanut butter over the bombs
- Sprinkle some of the chopped Reeses cups on top
- Allow the peanut butter to harden before enjoying!