If you have been blogging for a while you might be ready to start partnering with brands, finding sponsor and/or running giveaways on your site.
When I first started blogging I wanted to offer my readers giveaways but I had no idea how to start. I had no idea there were agencies and PR firms that were looking for bloggers to partner with brands. Kelli from 3 Boys and a Dog had to fill me in on this. We share how we both got started with giveaways in this video. You will find our initial approaches were very different.
Kelli and I have partnered together and we’re offering our readers a Google+ Hangout series for those who want to #learntoblog or learn to blog better. We are sharing the things we’ve done that have worked and haven’t worked. We’re sharing the secrets it took us time to learn. We’re sharing the ins and outs of how to blog. This is valuable information we’re giving away for free! Free, baby!
Blogger and Brand Match Making
Holly Homer, from Business 2 Blogger, joined us in this weeks video. She is a Dallas mom blogger and owns many different websites. One of those is Buisness 2 Blogger which essentially is a blogger and brand match making service. Fun, right?
She gets pitches from small, medium and big brands daily. She created Business 2 Blogger as this agency platform that is a two way street. She started it three years ago as a place that allows brands to find that perfect blogger to represent their brand. Personally, I have been given a Chevy Malibu and then later a Chevy Traverse to drive and enjoy for extended periods of time and review them from a moms perspective. This was a match-up I received from Business 2 Blogger.
Holly shares with us:
- how the Business 2 Blogger community works
- how to apply for jobs on their job board
- insider information on what clients are looking for in your blog and your influence
- why Business 2 Blogger is the firm to work with
I loved that much of what Holly said brands are looking for in a blog lines right up with everything we have been teaching you guys. You do not have to be the biggest blogger. Brands are looking for cute sites- nothing flashy. I cannot wait for you to hear all of Holly’s insight!
- Make sure you blog has links to your social media profiles ABOVE THE FOLD. She also shares more secrets about this in the video and what your stats say to brands.
- Take anything off your site that does not represent you well. Holly goes into great detail in the video about this.
- Take the flashy stuff off your blog.
- Make a media kit or email template that is ready when to send out when brands reach out to you
- Crate a re-pitch or pitch back email. Kelli and Holly both have great input on this.
- Adult content- are you in or are you out. No judgement but stand your ground either way. Holly goes into great detail in the video about this and why some brands will run if they know you have adult content published on your site.
Join us next week (4-9-13) at 10:00 am CST over on Google+ as we discuss more about giveaways and how to promote them.
Let me know if you need an invite so you can RSVP. You will need to be in either my circle or Kelli’s circle to get an invite, but we can totally make that happen for you!
More Blogging Tips
- 10 Must Have Blog Elements (video)
- How to Grow Your Blog with Tribes (video)
- Why Bloggers Should be Using YouTube (video)
- Grow Your Blog With StumbleUpon (video)
- Utilizing Facebook for Blog Traffic (video)
- Use Pinterest to Grow Your Site (video)
- How to Use Twitter (video)
- Linky Party Strategies– 50 Parties in my Niche
- How to Improve Your Blog
- 16 Twitter Tips
- Can You Make Money Blogging?