This Chicken Marsala Recipe is an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and hearty dish in no time at all. Plus, it’s perfect for those chilly winter nights when you need something warm and comforting. So go ahead and give this chicken marsala recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Chicken is one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen. Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a show-stopping main course, Chicken Recipes have got you covered. One of the best things about chicken is that there are endless possibilities when it comes to flavor. From classic comfort food recipes to chicken dishes with a twist, there’s something for everyone. With so many delicious options to choose from, it’s no wonder chicken is a family favorite.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Chicken Marsala:
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need for recipe.
- Chicken Breasts– Chicken breasts are a versatile and convenient option for dinner. They cook quickly and are easy to prepare, making them a great choice for busy weeknights.
- Spaghetti– Spaghetti helps to absorb some of the excess liquid of the thick marsala sauce, resulting in a richer and more flavorful dish.
- Shredded Mozzarella– Shredded Mozzarella is necessary for chicken marsala because it provides a creamy, cheesy flavor that complements the rich flavors of the dish. Additionally, Shredded Mozzarella helps to thicken the sauce and bind the ingredients together.
- Onion– Onion adds flavor to the dish, helps tenderize the chicken and creates a savory base for the sauce.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil helps to keep the chicken breasts moist and tender while they cook. It also adds flavor to the dish and prevents the chicken from sticking to the pan.
- Butter– Butter is essential for chicken marsala because it helps to create a rich and creamy sauce. In addition, butter adds flavor and depth to the dish.
- Minced Garlic– When used in moderation, garlic can enhance the flavor of food without overwhelming it.
- Sliced Mushrooms– These add an unparalleled earthy flavor to the marsala and they help to thicken the sauce, giving it a richer texture.
- Dry Marsala Wine– Dry Marsala wine has a complex flavor that is rich and nutty with hints of raisins and chocolate. It is this unique flavor that makes Dry Marsala wine essential for chicken marsala.
- Salt– Salt helps to bring out the natural flavors of the chicken and mushrooms, and it also helps to create a deeper, more complex flavor profile.
- Pepper– Pepper is necessary in this dish because it helps to balance out the sweetness of the Marsala wine.
Chicken Marsala Cooking Essentials from Amazon:
Calypso Basics by Reston Lloyd Melamine Dinner Plate, Set of 6, RedHiasan Set of 6 Cloth Napkins, 18 x 18 Inch, Soft Durable Washable Table Napkin, Ideal for Parties, Weddings and Dinners, BlackStainless Steel Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons 10-Piece Set, 5 Cups And 5 SpoonsKaluns Silicone Spatula Set, 4 Rubber Spatulas 600°F Heat Resistant, Nonstick Seamless Design with Stainless Steel Core, Dishwasher Safe, BPA free, Bonus Tongs IncludedAyesha Curry Home Collection Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Covered Deep Skillet With Helper Handle, 12 Inch Frying Pan with Glass Lid, Sienna Red
What is the Best Wine to Use for Chicken Marsala?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing wine for your chicken marsala. First, consider the acidity of the wine. You’ll want to choose a wine that is not too acidic, as it can make the sauce taste sour. Second, think about the body of the wine. You’ll want to choose a wine that is medium-bodied or full-bodied, as it will stand up to the rich flavors in the dish. Finally, consider the flavor of the wine. You’ll want to choose a wine that has bold flavors, as it will complement the bold flavors in the dish. A few good choices for wine include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Shiraz. So, next time you’re making chicken marsala, reach for one of these wines and enjoy!
What Do You Serve with Chicken Marsala?
Chicken marsala is a classic Italian dish that is easy to make and can be served with a variety of side dishes. Some easy recipes for chicken marsala include serving it with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. You can also pair it with vegetables such as sautéed spinach or roasted tomatoes. Chicken marsala also goes well with salads or breads. The best way to choose a side dish for chicken marsala is to select something that will complement the flavors of the dish.
For example, if the chicken marsala is made with a creamy sauce, then you might want to serve it with mashed potatoes or pasta. If the chicken marsala is made with a tomato-based sauce, then you might want to serve it with roasted tomatoes or a salad. No matter what you choose to serve with your chicken marsala, it is sure to be a hit!
How Do You Thicken Chicken Marsala Sauce?
While the dish is delicious as is, sometimes you may want to thicken the sauce to create a heartier meal. There are a few different ways to thicken chicken marsala sauce, and the best method will depend on what ingredients you have on hand. One simple way to thicken the sauce is to add some flour or cornstarch to the pan while the chicken is cooking.
This will help absorb some of the liquid and create a thicker consistency. Another option is to add some heavy cream or tomato paste to the sauce. These ingredients will not only thicken the sauce but also add additional flavor. You can also reduce the sauce by cooking it over low heat until it has thickened to your desired consistency. Whichever method you choose, be sure to adjust the seasonings as needed before serving.
Mushroom Home Essentials from Amazon:
RENGMIAN Various Mushroom Art Oven Mitts and Pot Holders Heat Resistant Oven Gloves Safe Cooking Baking GrillingSpoon Rest Spoon Holder For Stove Top Cute Mushroom Spoon Rest For Kitchen Counter Ceramic Spatula Holder Utensil RestCeramic Mushroom Mug, Mushroom Cup, Mushroom Mug With Lid, Mushroom Coffee Mug, Mushroom Tea Cup, Kawaii Coffee Mug, Cute Mushroom Tea Mug, Mushroom Decor for Kitchen, Mushroom Gifts (Red) 300mlWHOMEAF Modern Mushroom Table Runner June Decor Burlap Green Leaves Wild Flowers Floral Table Runners Summer Seasonal Kitchen Dining Table Center Decor for Home Party Holiday Indoor Outdoor(13×72 in)Hiera Home Kitchen Towels – Ultra Soft Cotton and Super Absorbent Dish Towels for Kitchen, Large Kitchen Towel 24×16 Inches, Natural Cotton Dish Towels Pack of 2 (Mushroom)
More Chicken Recipes We Love!
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Easy Recipes: Creamy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Easy Recipes: Baked Ranch Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles (Comfort Food at it’s Best)
Amazing Italian Recipes Like This One
- Italian Sausage and Elbow Pasta
- Easy Italian Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 30-Minute Caprese Chicken
- Crock Pot Italian Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- 2 Chicken Breasts, halved
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Dry Marsala Wine
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place olive oil and butter in the bottom of your skillet followed by the chicken, over high heat. Lightly brown the chicken, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and marsala wine. Allow the chicken to cook until the onions are translucent, then turn the heat down to low.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese and stir to mix.
- Allow chicken marsala to continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve over noodles of any kind with some additional parmesan cheese for garnish!