Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner idea, try this delicious and flavorful Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken. This classic dish is made with simple ingredients like boneless skinless chicken breasts, red bell pepper, yellow onion, minced garlic, olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes – it’s sure to become a family favorite in no time. All you have to do is throw everything in the slow cooker, and dinner will be ready when you get home! So go ahead and give Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken a try – it’s sure to hit the spot.
Cooking doesn’t have to be complicated, especially when you’re short on time. Easy Recipes are a life-saver when you’re in a pinch, and they still allow you to create tasty meals that everyone will enjoy. Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or a seasoned pro, there’s always an easy recipe that can suit your needs. From 30-minute meals to simple one-pot wonders, easy recipes can take the stress out of mealtime. So, why not try out a new easy recipe tonight? You never know, it might just become a new family favorite.
You’ll Love These Other Easy Recipes!
- Quinoa Taco Salad Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Ravioli
- Instant Pot Black Bean Chicken Bowls
- Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this delicious meal!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts– There’s just something magical about throwing ingredients into a Crockpot and letting them transform into a delicious meal. And when it comes to Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken, boneless skinless chicken breasts are the perfect protein to use. Not only do they cook up tender and juicy in the slow cooker, but they also absorb all the flavors of the red peppers.
- Red Bell Pepper– Have you ever considered why red bell peppers are such a popular ingredient in slow cooker recipes? Not only do they add a burst of color to any dish, but they also provide a ton of nutritional benefits. When it comes to crockpot red pepper chicken, in particular, red bell peppers complement the flavor profile perfectly while providing a healthy dose of vitamin C.
- Yellow Onion– There’s just something special about the sweetness and tanginess of yellow onions that perfectly complements the bold flavors of the red pepper chicken. Besides adding an incredible burst of flavor, yellow onions also have many health benefits. They contain dietary fiber, vitamin C, and many other nutrients that can help boost your immune system and improve your overall health.
- Minced Garlic– Minced garlic is more than just a flavorful seasoning for your dishes. In fact, adding minced garlic to your Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken can elevate the flavors to a whole new level. This powerful bulb-shaped vegetable is not only loaded with antioxidants but also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Olive Oil– Have you jumped on the crockpot bandwagon yet? If not, you’re missing out on some seriously easy and tasty meals. One dish that I love making in my crockpot is Red Pepper Chicken, and I’ve recently discovered that adding a healthy dose of olive oil takes it to the next level. Olive oil not only adds a rich flavor to the dish but it’s also full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes– When it comes to adding a little kick to your meals, crushed red pepper flakes are the perfect ingredient. And when you’re cooking up a delicious Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken, they’re an absolute must-have! Not only do they provide a spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the red pepper, but they also offer a number of health benefits.
- Salt and Pepper– If you are looking for a flavorful and easy-to-prepare chicken dish, then crockpot red pepper chicken is a must-try. And when it comes to making this recipe, salt and pepper play a crucial role in elevating the taste of this dish. The combination of salt and pepper helps to enhance the flavor of the chicken and balance out the sweetness of the red pepper.
Cooking Essentials at Amazon
Hamilton Beach Portable 6 Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker with Lid Lock, Dishwasher Safe Crock & Lid, Temperature Probe, Stainless SteelCrock-Pot 6 Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel (SCCPVL610-S-A)OXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, BeechStainless Steel Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons 10-Piece Set, 5 Cups And 5 SpoonsFarberware 3-Piece Kitchen Cutting Board Set, Reversible Chopping Boards for Meal Prep and Serving, Charcuterie Board Set, Wood Cutting Boards, Assorted Sizes, BambooZiploc Gallon Food Storage Freezer Bags, Grip ‘n Seal Technology for Easier Grip, Open, and Close, 28 Count
Can I Put Raw Chicken in Slow Cooker?
So, you’re wondering if you can put raw chicken in your slow cooker? Well, the short answer is yes, you can! The slow cooker is a great option for cooking chicken because it allows the meat to cook slowly, making it tender and juicy.
However, it’s important to take some precautions to ensure that your chicken is cooked safely. Firstly, make sure your chicken is fresh and hasn’t been sitting in your fridge for too long.
Secondly, cook your chicken on the high setting for at least 4 hours or on the low setting for 8 hours to ensure it reaches the safe internal temperature of 165°F.
And last but not least, avoid opening the lid too often as this can delay the cooking process and potentially lead to foodborne illness. So go ahead, grab your slow cooker and start cooking up some deliciously tender chicken!
Do You Put Vegetables in a Slow Cooker at the Same Time as Chicken?
Cooking with a slow cooker is a game-changer for busy individuals who still want to enjoy a delicious, home-cooked meal at the end of the day. But when it comes to using a slow cooker, there are a lot of questions that pop up, like whether or not to put vegetables in at the same time as meat. Some cooks swear by it, while others caution against it. So what’s the deal? Well, the answer is… it depends!
Factors like the size and type of vegetable, as well as the cut of meat being used, all play a role in determining whether or not to add them together. So experiment and don’t be afraid to go with your gut. After all, half the fun of cooking is trying out different techniques and discovering what works best for you!
How Much Longer Does Frozen Chicken Take to Cook Than Thawed Chicken?
Have you ever reached for a pack of frozen chicken in the morning only to realize you forgot to thaw it out the night before? The good news is that you can still cook frozen chicken in your slow cooker – you just need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Typically, frozen chicken takes about 50% longer to cook than thawed chicken in a slow cooker. So if your recipe calls for 4 hours on low for thawed chicken, then you’ll want to cook your frozen chicken for about 6 hours instead. Just be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165°F, to ensure it’s fully cooked and safe to eat. Happy slow cooking!
The Six Week Freezer Meal Plan
Enjoy stress-free mealtimes with this instant download pack, which includes six weeks’ worth of mouthwatering recipes complete with shopping lists, assembly instructions, and five different meals each week.
As a bonus, you’ll also receive a recipe and grocery list for Freezer Friendly Lasagna. Whether you prefer beef, chicken, or vegetarian ingredients, the 6 Week Freezer Meal Plan offers delicious and budget-friendly options for everyone.
Opt for freezer meals to simplify meal prep and promote good health. Pre-packaged meals eliminate the need for daily meal planning, frequent trips to the store, and minimize food waste while helping you avoid unhealthy processed foods.
With freezer meals, you can enjoy the convenience of ready-made meals, save money, and reduce dinner-time stress all at once.
Crockpot Cooking Essentials
HOMEST Slow Cooker Bag for Crock-Pot 6-8 Quart, Insulated Travel Carrier with Easy to Clean Lining, Carry Case with Top Zip Compartment and Accessory Pocket (Patent Pending)MAEXUS Meat Claws for Shredding Pulled Pork Chicken and Beef, Barbecue Meat Shredder, BBQ Grill Tools Accessories Gift for Smoker Slow Cooker Meat Claws (2 Pcs)Reynolds Kitchens Slow Cooker Liners, Regular (Fits 3-8 Quarts), 20 Count3-in-1 Silicone Slow Cooker Liners fit for 6-7 QT Crockpot, Silicone Slow Cooker Divider Liner, Reusable/BPA Free/Leakproof/Slow Cooker Accessories Cooking Liner for 6-7 Quart PotSlow Cooker Cover Compatible with Crock-Pot and Hamilton Beach 6-8 qt Slow Cooker, Crock Pot Cover Keep Appliance Clean, Slow Cooker Dust Cover with Mesh Pocket for Accessories (Red)DIMESHY Roasting Rack, Black with Integrated Feet, Enamel Finished, Nonstick, fit for 13 inches oval roasting pan, safety, dishwasher, Great for Basting, Cooking, Drying, Cooling rack.(10”x 6.5”)
More Crockpot Recipes You’ll Want to Try!
- Crockpot Lime Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken
Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken
Need a quick weeknight dinner idea? Try this delicious and easy Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken! Make it in your slow cooker and enjoy a home-cooked meal without all the fuss!
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, fat trimmed
- 1-2 Medium-Sized Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, sliced or diced
- A Few Scoops of Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a one gallon size freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Thaw and add to crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Serve on salad, with quinoa, rice, or in tortillas.