If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe to feed a crowd, then this Broccoli Pasta Salad is the perfect option! Not only is it healthy, but it also requires minimal effort, taking just 20 minutes to put together. With fresh broccoli, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, and mozzarella cheese all combined in one dish, this salad is sure to be a hit at your next potluck or picnic! Plus, it makes an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Get ready to enjoy this crowd-pleasing broccoli pasta salad today!
Pasta Recipes are some of the most delicious meals you can make! From creamy carbonara to light and flavorful pesto sauce – there is a pasta dish for every craving. Cooking up a pot of homemade pasta allows for endless possibilities with ingredients and spices, so you’re sure to find something that satisfies your taste buds. Plus, you can’t go wrong with a comforting bowl of noodles – especially when it’s made from scratch!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes!
You just can’t go wrong with pasta. Everyone at my house loves it and it’s so filling. Here are some yummy dinner recipes where past takes the spotlight.
How to Make Broccoli Pasta Video
Prefer to watch a video to see how to assemble this broccoli pasta recipe? Here is how I make this step by step.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this easy salad!
- Pasta– Delicious broccoli pasta salad makes for a wonderful side dish or even a light lunch. When it comes to choosing which type of pasta to use, there are a few different choices. Penne, rotini and farfalle (bowties) all make great bases for this flavourful dish and cook quickly.
- Fresh Broccoli Tops– Fresh broccoli tops are a great way to add texture and flavor to any broccoli pasta salad. Not only do they provide an interesting crunch, adding fresh broccoli to your salad also adds essential vitamins and minerals that can benefit your overall health.
- Cherry Tomatoes– Cherry tomatoes are an excellent addition to broccoli pasta salad because they add a burst of juicy freshness. You can either dice them into small pieces or leave them on the vine for a decorative twist. The sweetness from the tomatoes offsets and balances the bitterness of the broccoli, creating a perfect harmony of flavors in every bite.
- Bell Pepper– Broccoli pasta salad is one of the tastiest side dishes around, and with the addition of bell pepper it gets even better! The crunchy sweetness of the bell pepper adds a wonderful contrast to the earthy taste of the broccoli.
- Vegetable Oil– Vegetable oil is an excellent choice for a broccoli pasta salad dressing because of its neutral flavor that won’t conflict with other ingredients. Not only that, but it has a good amount of monounsaturated fat, which helps to improve heart health when used in moderation.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil is the secret ingredient to make the perfect broccoli pasta salad. It adds richness and depth of flavor that can’t be achieved with other oils or dressings. Not only does it help bring out the subtle cottony taste of broccoli, but olive oil also contains healthy monounsaturated fats (MUFA) which can help support heart health when used in moderation.
- White Wine Vinegar– White Wine Vinegar is easily one of the most underestimated condiments. It has just the perfect kind of tang and flavor that elevates any dish, without making it too bland or overpowering. In particular, its use in broccoli pasta salad cannot be overstated.
- Minced Garlic– Minced garlic is an essential component of many recipes, and its use in Broccoli Pasta Salad dressing is no exception. No matter what you add to a pasta salad dressing, from other herbs to balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, the aroma and flavor of minced garlic are immediately apparent.
- Dijon Mustard– Dijon Mustard is a delicious and versatile condiment that is perfect for making the flavor of Broccoli Pasta Salad come alive. Not only does it add a tangy element to the dish, but it helps bring out all the other flavors that make the salad so special. The healthy fats found in Dijon Mustard will add creaminess and substance to the dish while still keeping it light.
- Mozzarella Cheese– Mozzarella cheese is an excellent choice for Broccoli Pasta Salad because it adds creamy tang and delightful texture that brings out the beautifully complementary flavors of the dish. The mild, salty taste of the cheese really helps to balance out the broccoli’s earthiness.
- Salt and Pepper– Broccoli pasta salad is one of those dishes that just seems to come alive when you sprinkle a generous helping of salt and pepper over it. A dash of these two ingredients truly pulls out all the flavors in the dish and elevates it to something absolutely delicious.
Cooking Essentials at Amazon
Amazon is literally the best place to buy cooking supplies online. They have a nice variety of items and you can’t beat the two day shipping when you have a prime account.
Here are some of my favorite items.
MÉMÉCOOK 6qt Stainless Steel Pot, Pots and Pans, Sauce Pan, Stainless Steel Pan, Cooking Pot with Strainer Lid, Stock Pot, Pasta Pot, Cooking Pan, Large Soup Pot, Saucepan, Stainless Steel PotsPack of 2 Silicone Pasta Fork, Kitchen Heat Resistant Noodle Spoon Server, BPA Free Spaghetti Strainer,Best Cooking Tools (Gray-Blue)Kitchen Gizmo Snap N Strain Pot Strainer and Pasta Strainer – Adjustable Silicone Clip On Strainer for Pots, Pans, and Bowls – Kitchen Colander – Lime Green2 Pieces Spaghetti Spoon and Pasta Tong,Non-stick 13-Inch Silicone Spaghetti Fork and 9.8-Inch Stainless Steel Handle Spaghetti Tong Food Clip for Spaghetti NoodleClip-On Kitchen Food Strainer for Spaghetti, Meat, Pasta, & Ground Beef Grease, Colander & Sieve Snaps or Clip On Bowls, Pots & Pans. Includes Silicone Strainer Drainer, Brush & Garlic Peeler (Black)Fun Rotelle-Shaped Silicone Trivet/Hot Pads for Kitchen from a Series of Pasta-Inspired Kitchen Gadgets | Cool Hot Pads to Protect The Countertop | Original Kitchen Accessories | by Monkey Business
What are Common Mistakes When Cooking Pasta?
Cooking pasta can be a tricky process, and even experienced chefs can make some costly errors in preparation. One of the most common mistakes is overcooking the pasta. When boiled for too long, pasta falls apart and becomes unbearable mush.
Another mistake made by novice cooks is undercooking their pasta; if you don’t cook it long enough, you’ll end up with a chewy mess that’s nowhere near ready to serve. On top of that, cooking with cold water instead of boiling water causes the starch to clump together, resulting in undesirable texture and flavor.
Finally, it’s important not to forget about draining – if your cooked noodles remain in the pot too long they will further absorb the remaining starch and liquid, making them soggy. When preparing your next dish of delicious pasta, make sure to avoid these common errors!
What Goes Well with Broccoli Pasta Salad?
Broccoli pasta salad is an ideal dish for a summer potluck or picnic – it’s tasty, super easy to make and travels well. To really highlight the flavor of the salad, though, there are a few classic accompaniments that go great with it. A flavorful pesto dressing is always a favorite- try some homemade basil pesto or even add a bit of sundried tomato pesto to mix things up!
A sprinkle of shaved Pecorino cheese pairs perfectly with the nutty flavors of broccoli, while tomatoes, squash and olives add pops of color. For something heartier on the side, grilled chicken or steak are great options that play nicely off each other’s flavors.
In any case, you can’t go wrong when pairing broccoli pasta salad- just grab whatever catches your fancy and get creative!
Can You Make Broccoli Pasta Salad Ahead of Time?
Broccoli pasta salad is a great option for those looking for a flavorful and versatile side dish. The best part? It can be made ahead of time! All you need to do is get your vinaigrette-based dressing and add in your vegetables. Then just mix it all together, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to two days before serving.
For extra freshness, add in some extras like fresh herbs on the day you serve it. Enjoy!
Salad Essentials at Amazon
There are certain tools you should keep in hand in your kitchen to make prepping salad and storing salad a breeze. Here are some of the things I have in my kitchen.
Cuisinart CTG-00-SAS 5-Quart Salad Spinner, WhiteVegetable Chopper and Slicer Dicer for Kitchen 23 PCS Veggie Slicer and Chopper Vegetable Cutter Cooking Accessories Gadget Stuff Salad Maker Dicing Machine Potato Fruit Chopper with ContainerTotally Bamboo Salad Hands, Bamboo Salad Serving SetRachael Ray Accessories Kitchen Pantryware Multi Purpose/Salad Serveware/Melamine Garbage Bowl, 10.2 x 10.2 x 7 inches, Red, 4 quartsHerb Scissors, Herb Stripper with 5 Blade and Cover, Vegetable Salad Cutter, Stainless Steel Peelers for Kitchen, Chopping Chive, Salad, Collard Greens, Parsley, Multifunction Scissors SetSalad Dressing Container To Go for Lunch Box, Small Condiment Containers with Lids, Mini Stainless Sauce Cups Snack Food Storage Meal Prep Containers Reusable Bento Box Accessories (2×2.4oz + 3×1.6oz)
You’ll Love These Pasta Salad Recipes
Pasta salad is perfect for a pot luck, picnic, dinner side dish or make a great lunch idea. Here are four different ways to make pasta salad that I think you will love.
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Monterey Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Spinach And Corn Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 (16 Ounce) Bag of Pasta
- 1 Head of Fresh Broccoli Tops
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for your pasta.
- Bring it to a boil for 9 minutes, or until al dente.
- Chop tomatoes, peppers and cheese
- The last 3 minutes or so of cooking, add in your broccoli.
- While the pasta/broccoli are finishing up stir up your dressing.
- Add the vegetable oil, the olive oil, the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- Once broccoli and pasta are done cooking, drain and cool, then add to a bowl and combine with chopped vegetables and cheese.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined.