Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe is the perfect way to warm up your kitchen this fall. Made with a deep dish pie crust and packed full of pumpkin flavor, it will have you wanting to make it all season long. Top with whipped cream or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect treat.
If you’re looking for Pumpkin Spice Recipes, you’ve come to the right place! Pumpkin spice is a flavor that’s very popular in the fall. You can find pumpkin spice in all sorts of recipes, from pancakes to pies. Pumpkin spice is made with a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. If you’re looking for a pumpkin spice recipe, chances are you’ll find one that’s perfect for you!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this amazing pie!
- Deep Dish Pie Crust– Deep dish pie crust is the perfect option for pumpkin pie for a few reasons. First, it provides plenty of support for the filling. Since pumpkin pie is notoriously dense, a shallow crust is likely to crack or crumble under the weight of the filling. Deep dish crusts are also less likely to get soggy, so your pie will stay nice and flaky even after a day or two.
- Pumpkin Puree– Pumpkin puree is often used in recipes for pumpkin pie, and for good reason. Pumpkin puree is simply cooked and mashed pumpkin, with the skin and seeds removed. This gives it a smooth texture that is perfect for creating a creamy filling. Pumpkin puree is also naturally sweet, which means that less sugar is needed to create a delicious pie.
- White Sugar– White sugar is the key to the perfect pumpkin pie. When it comes to baking, sugar plays an important role in ensuring that pies turn out fluffy and moist. White sugar is especially good for pumpkin pies because it helps to prevent the formation of crystals, giving the filling a smooth texture.
- Unsalted Butter– Unsalted butter is ideal for baking pumpkin pies. The high fat content in butter creates a crust that is flaky and tender. In addition, the lack of salt cuts down on the overall sodium content of the pie.
- Large Eggs– Large Eggs are the perfect size for pumpkin pie. They have just the right amount of yolk to give the pie a rich and creamy texture, and the whites add structure and body. Large Eggs also have a more intense flavor than other eggs, which helps to give pumpkin pie its signature flavor.
- Half and Half– Half and Half is often considered a healthier alternative to heavy cream. It is made by blending equal parts milk and cream, which gives it a slightly lower fat content than heavy cream. This makes Half and Half ideal for use in pumpkin pie, as it helps to keep the pie light and fluffy without sacrificing flavor.
- Pure Vanilla Extract– The warm, sweet flavor of vanilla pairs perfectly with the rich, earthy flavor of pumpkin, and a few drops of Pure Vanilla Extract can really bring out the best in your pie.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice– Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. It’s the perfect way to spice up your pumpkin pie. The spices in pumpkin pie spice help to bring out the natural sweetness of the pumpkin, and they also add a bit of warmth and depth of flavor.
- Ground Cinnamon– Ground cinnamon is a key ingredient in pumpkin pie, and there are a few reasons why. First, cinnamon gives the pie a warm and inviting flavor that is perfect for fall. Second, it helps to balance out the sweetness of the pumpkin and the other ingredients.
- Mini Pumpkin Cookie Cutters– Pumpkin Cookie Cutters can be used to cut out the shape of a pumpkin from a piece of dough. The dough can then be used to create a crust for the pumpkin pie. Pumpkin Cookie Cutters can also be used to decorate the top of the pumpkin pie.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
KitchenAid 5 Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer – KHM512KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer Candy Apple RedTovolo Stainless Steel Deep Mixing, Easy Pour With Rounded Lip Kitchen Metal Bowls for Baking & Marinating, Dishwasher-Safe, 5.5 QuartHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Pie Pan 9 Inch 2 Pack, WERTIOO Ceramic Pie Dish, Pie Plate for Dessert Kitchen, Round Baking Dish Pan for Dinner (Rouge Red)ZONESUM Ceramic Pie Pan, 10.2 Inch Deep Dish Pie Plate 52 Ounce Pie Dish for Baking, Fruit Tarts, Quiche, Oven Safe Heat Resistant, Dishwasher Safe, Turquoise
What Kind of Pumpkins Do You Use for Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pie is a fall favorite, but did you know that not all pumpkins are created equal? That’s right, the pumpkin you use for your pie can make all the difference in the world. So, what kind of pumpkin should you use? Well, it all depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a pumpkin with intense flavor, then you’ll want to go with a sugar pumpkin.
These pumpkins are smaller than your average jack-o-lantern pumpkin, but they pack a real punch when it comes to flavor. If you’re looking for a pumpkin that will give your pie a nice, creamy texture, then you’ll want to go with a kabocha squash. Kabocha squash is originally from Japan, and it has a sweet, nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with pumpkin pie spices.
And if you’re looking for a pumpkin that’s going to give your pie some extra nutrition, then you’ll want to go with a Hokkaido pumpkin. Hokkaido pumpkins are rich in beta-carotene and other vitamins and minerals, making them a great addition to any pumpkin pie recipe. So, next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up one of these special pumpkins and enjoy a truly delicious pumpkin pie.
What Kind of Crust is Best for Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pie is a holiday classic, but there are a lot of different ways to make it. One crucial decision is what kind of crust to use. Some pumpkin pie recipes call for a traditional pastry crust, while others use a graham cracker or gingersnap crust. So, which is the best option?
Well, it really depends on your personal preference. A traditional pastry crust is light and flaky, and it pairs well with the creamy pumpkin filling. However, it can be tricky to get the dough just right, and it’s easy to end up with a crust that’s either too tough or too crumbly. A graham cracker crust has a distinctive flavor that some people love and others find too overpowering.
It’s also very simple to make – just mix together some crushed graham crackers and butter, press into the pie dish, and bake. Gingersnap cookies make an unexpected but delicious crust for pumpkin pie. The cookies add a subtle spicy flavor that complements the sweetness of the pumpkin filling perfectly.
Whichever type of crust you choose, be sure to bake it until it’s golden brown and crisp. Pumpkin pie is best served warm, so if you’re using a pre-made crust, be sure to heat it up before adding the filling. With a perfect pumpkin pie, everyone will be asking for seconds – no matter what kind of crust you use.
What is the Best Way to Store Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pie is best stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. pumpkin pies made with fresh pumpkin puree can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Pumpkin pies made with canned pumpkin should be eaten within 2-3 days or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Pumpkin pies are best served at room temperature, so take the pie out of the refrigerator about 2 hours before serving. If you need to reheat the pumpkin pie, place it on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes.
Pumpkin Farmhouse Finds on Amazon:
Rustic Wooden Pumpkin Fall Decoration for Home Fall Harvest Tabletop Desk Shelf Kitchen Tiered Tray Decorations Thanksgiving Halloween Pumpkins Farmhouse Sign Fall Decor-Set of 2CYNOSA Fall Decorations for Home Blessed Grateful Thankful Door Sign Fall Decor Thanksgiving Decorations Wooden Pumpkin Vintage Hanging Signs for Home Thanksgiving Farmhouse Harvest Outdoor Wall DecorDII Rustic Farmhouse Double Diamond Woven Throw, 50×60, StoneFall Is in The Air Pumpkin Farmhouse Decorative Holiday Party Decor,Pumpkin Stacked Wood Tabletop Sign for Thanksgiving, Autumn,Harvest AccentAlloirl 12 PCS Pumpkins Decor, Fall Home Decor, White Orange Plaid Artificial Rustic Pumpkins Decor, Fall Farmhouse Decor for Halloween Thanksgiving Decorating Harvest Embellishing and DisplayingFall Decor,Fall Pillow Covers 18×18 Set of 4 Sunflower Pumpkin Fall Pillows Autumn Farmhouse Fall Outdoor Thanksgiving Decorative Fall Throw Pillow Covers Fall Decorations for Home
More Pumpkin Spice Recipes!
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Easy Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- Oreo Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes
- Crockpot Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
You’ll Love these Other Pie Recipes!
- Easy Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- S’MORES No Bake Pie Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Apple Pie
- How To Make a Pecan Pie
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Warm up your kitchen this fall with an easy pumpkin pie recipe that will have you wanting to make it all season long.
- 1 Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crust
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1 (15oz) Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1⁄2 Cup Half and Half
- 1 1⁄2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Small Frozen Pie Shell
- 1⁄4 Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Mini Pumpkin Cookie Cutters
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add pumpkin, sugar, and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer beating until smooth. Continue beating while adding in the eggs, half and half, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until everything is blended.
- Scoop the pumpkin filling into the pie crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. (Or until the filling is set.)
- Take out of the oven and put on a wire cooling rack. Cool prior to putting in the refrigerator to chill. Chill for several hours.
- Garnish: Use mini cookie cutters and 1 small frozen pie shell. Cut out the mini leaves, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place on the pie the last 15-30 minutes of baking. Check to make sure that they don’t overbake.