This easy recipe for Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole is the perfect way to make a delicious holiday meal with minimal effort. Simply place all of the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it cook while you attend to other things. You’ll come back to a tasty casserole that’s ready to serve. Best of all, using a slow cooker means fewer dishes to wash afterwards! So go ahead and enjoy your holiday meal without any stress.
Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and of course, food! While the turkey may be the star of the show, it’s the side dishes that really make Thanksgiving dinner special. Whether you’re looking for something traditional or something new, there are plenty of Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes to choose from. So whether you’re a seasoned chef or a Thanksgiving novice, get in the kitchen and start cooking up some of these delicious Thanksgiving side dish recipes.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this easy recipe!
- Green Beans– If you’re planning to make Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole for your holiday feast, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prepare the green beans. First, trim the ends off of the green beans and remove any damaged or yellowed leaves. Then, wash the green beans thoroughly and drain them well. Once the green beans are prepped, you can add them to your slow cooker along with the other ingredients for the casserole.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup– Cream of Mushroom Soup is often used as an ingredient in Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole. The soup adds a Creamy richness to the dish that can not be achieved with water or broth. It also helps to bind the ingredients together and gives the casserole a thick, comforting texture. In addition, the mushrooms in the soup add a savory depth of flavor that enhances the other ingredients.
- French Fried Onions– French Fried Onions are the perfect topping for Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole. They add a crispy, savory flavor that complements the creamy, rich flavors of the casserole. French Fried Onions are also a great way to add some texture to the dish. The crunchy onions contrast nicely with the soft, tender beans, making each bite more interesting. French Fried Onions also hold up well in the slow cooker, so they won’t get mushy or fall apart like other toppings would.
- Milk– Milk is often used as a key ingredient in green bean casseroles. There are a few reasons why milk works so well in this dish. First, milk adds creaminess and body to the casserole, giving it a richer texture. Second, milk helps to thicken the sauce, ensuring that the casserole is not too watery. Finally, milk adds a subtle sweetness to the dish, rounding out the flavor of the vegetables.
- Fresh Cracked Pepper– Fresh cracked pepper is a great addition to slow cooker green bean casserole. It adds a nice depth of flavor to the dish, and the heat from the pepper helps to balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Cooking Essentials from Amazon
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless SteelCrockpot Portable 7 Quart Slow Cooker with Locking Lid and Auto Adjust Cook Time Technology, Stainless SteelReynolds Kitchens Slow Cooker Liners, Regular (Fits 3-8 Quarts), 6 CountLuxja Double Layers Slow Cooker Bag (with a Bottom Pad and Lid Fasten Straps), Insulated Slow Cooker Carrier Fits for Most 6-8 Quart Oval Slow Cooker, Black (Bag Only)HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5OXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, Beech
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
Can You Mix Up Green Bean Casserole the Night Before?
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole is the perfect make-ahead dish for busy families. Simply mix together all of the ingredients the night before and refrigerate. In the morning, poor the mixture into a slow cooker and set it on low. By dinnertime, you’ll have a delicious and healthy meal that everyone will love.
Best of all, there’s no need to spend hours in the kitchen – Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole can be made with just a few simple ingredients. So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to feed your family, this is the perfect recipe.
Is There a Substitute for French Fried Onions in Green Bean Casserole?
There’s no need to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy a delicious Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole! This classic dish can be made year-round, and it’s always a hit with family and friends. While French Fried Onions are traditionally used as a topping, they can be hard to find (and expensive!) outside of the holiday season.
Luckily, there are plenty of substitutes that work just as well. For a crunchy topping, try using chopped up bacon or crumbled up crackers. For a more savory flavor, try substituting in caramelized onions or sautéed mushrooms. No matter what you use, Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole is sure to be a hit!
What Main Dish Goes Well with Green Bean Casserole?
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole is a delicious and easy side dish that can be made in just a few minutes. Made with fresh green beans and a creamy sauce, this casserole is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. And, best of all, it can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to two days. When it’s time to serve, simply reheat and enjoy.
So what main dish goes well with Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole? We think it pairs perfectly with roasted chicken or turkey. But it would also be delicious alongside a steak or pork chop. Really, the only limit is your imagination. So go ahead and give Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole a try. We think you’ll be glad you did.
Thanksgiving Table Decor from Amazon
Benson Mills Harvest Legacy Damask Fabric Table Cloth Fall, Harvest, and Thanksgiving Tablecloth (Rust/Burnt Orange, 60MIYA LIFE Rattan Berry Pumpkin String Lights 10ft 30LEDs Copper Wire with Remote & Timer for Thanksgiving Halloween Christmas Birthday Gift Autumn Parties Home Bedroom Decorationibohr Thanksgiving Table Runner with Maple Leaves Lace Festival Table Runner Thanksgiving Table Decorations for Parties & Gatherings, 100% Polyester, 13 X 72 InchFunpeny 6 Pack Metal Turkey Tealight Candleholders, 6 Pack Turkey Tea Light Candle Holders Holiday Candlestick Thanksgiving Decoration for Home, Table, Fireplace, WindowArtoid Mode Pumpkin Give Thanks Maple Leaves Thanksgiving Table Runner, Pumpkin Pie Kitchen Dining Table Decoration for Indoor Home Party 13×72 InchTwinkle Star Thanksgiving Decoration Fall Lights, 2 Pack Maple Leaves String Lights, Each Strings with 20 LED 11 FT Battery Operated Light, Decor for Indoor, Halloween, Autumn Harvest Festival
More Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Real Easy Recipes: Baked Garlic Butter Asparagus
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Recipes: Italian Side Salad
You’ll Love these other Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce Recipe for a Large Family
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce with Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Spiced Tea Recipe
- 18 Ounces Frozen Green Beans (or can use fresh)
- 1 (10 oz) Can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 1/2 Cup French Fried Onions
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Take all of the ingredients, except only half of the friend french onions, and mix them together.
- Add the mixture to the crockpot.
- In the 6 qt crockpot, cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the casserole is done, add the remaining french fried onions to the top. Spread the onions out evenly.
- Pop the lid back on and leave it on warm until the rest of dinner is done. Twenty minutes is good, even longer is just as well.
- Plate it up with your favorite protein and dinner is done.
For this recipe I used my 6 qt oval crockpot. You could also use a 4 qt crockpot as long as it is not more than 3/4 of the way full, otherwise it will take much longer to cook.
The Perfect Christmas Planner
If you are a busy mom who wants to make memories this Christmas season, this planner is perfect for you!