If you’re looking for an easy, delicious and restaurant-worthy meal that comes together quickly, then look no further than this Szechuan Beef Stir Fry! This simple yet flavourful stir fry is packed with just a few key ingredients and only takes 15 minutes to prepare. With our easy recipe, you can have a tasty dinner on the table in no time – so get ready to whip up a quick and satisfying Szechuan Beef Stir Fry this summer!
Who doesn’t love a great beef recipe? The versatility of beef is undeniable, allowing for a myriad of dishes that never seem to disappoint. From hearty stews to tender steaks, there’s always something for everyone. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice home cook, Beef Recipes are sure to impress and satisfy all your cravings. Whether it’s a rich and comforting chili on a chilly evening or a sizzling steak for a special occasion, there are endless options for creating delicious meals using beef. The options are limitless, so roll up your sleeves, get out your knives, and let’s get cooking!
Beef Recipes to Try
If you have beef on hand that you want to use up, here are more recipes your family might love.
- Beef Macaroni and Cheese
- Crockpot Ravioli with Crumbled Italian Beef
- Easy Recipes: Beef and Vegetable Stew
- Easy Beef Cabbage Casserole
Ingredients Needed for Szechuan Beef
Here’s what you need for this easy dish!
- Vegetable Oil– The beauty of vegetable oil is not only that it has a high smoke point, which allows us to sear our beef without burning it, but it’s also a neutral oil that doesn’t have a pronounced flavor of its own. This means that it won’t compete with the spicy, savory flavors in our Szechuan beef marinade, allowing them to shine through.
- Flank Steak–This cut of beef is the perfect choice for this dish because not only is it affordable, but it’s also extremely flavorful and tender. Flank steak comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow, which are well-developed and therefore are full of rich, beefy flavor. Plus, it benefits from a quick cooking time which makes it ideal for stir frying.
- Corn Starch– When it comes to making a delicious Szechuan Beef Stir Fry, corn starch plays a crucial role. Not only does it help to tenderize the beef, but it also thickens the sauce and gives it that irresistible glossy texture. And let’s not forget about its gluten-free properties, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
- Yellow Onion– Yellow onions bring a sweet and slightly tangy flavor to the stir fry, which complements the bold and spicy flavors of the Szechuan sauce. Not only do they add great flavor, but yellow onions also have a high water content that helps to create a perfect caramelization on the beef and vegetables.
- Red Bell Pepper– Red bell pepper is definitely a star ingredient in any Szechuan beef stir fry recipe. Not only does it add a pop of vibrant color, but its slightly sweet and crisp flavor pairs perfectly with the bold and spicy Szechuan seasoning. But the real magic of red bell pepper lies in its nutritional benefits.
- Green Bell Pepper– There’s something special about the combination of Green Bell Peppers and Szechuan Beef Stir Fry that just works. Not only do the peppers add a crisp texture and fresh taste to the dish, but they also provide a variety of health benefits.
- Dried Red Chilies– Dried red chilies are the star of the show when it comes to whipping up a lip-smacking Szechuan beef stir fry. They pack a fiery punch that’s unequalled by any other spice or seasoning. Whether you’re a spice lover or just someone who wants to kick their meal up a notch, dried red chilies are the way to go.
- Minced Garlic– If you’re a fan of Szechuan Beef Stir Fry, then you already know how important garlic is to the flavor profile. But did you know that using minced garlic can really take things to the next level? Not only does it bring a bold and slightly sweet taste to the dish, it also adds a subtle crunch that contrasts perfectly with the tender strips of beef.
- Minced Ginger– When it comes to making a delicious Szechuan Beef Stir Fry, the secret ingredient that can really elevate your dish is minced ginger. Not only does it add a subtle tangy flavor to your stir fry, ginger also has many health benefits.
- Salt and Pepper– When it comes to Szechuan Beef Stir Fry, there’s no getting around the importance of salt and pepper. These two simple seasonings pack a flavorful punch that complements the heat and spice of Szechuan cuisine perfectly. The salt helps to bring out the natural flavors of the beef and vegetables while the pepper adds a subtle layer of warmth to the dish.
- Soy Sauce– If you’re looking to whip up a tasty Szechuan Beef Stir Fry, then you better make sure you have some soy sauce on hand! This humble yet flavor-packed condiment is essential to the dish’s overall taste profile. Soy sauce brings the salty, umami flavors that complement the spicy and bold flavors of Szechuan cuisine.
- Hoisin Sauce– This thick, dark sauce is a staple in Chinese cooking and provides a complex blend of sweet, sour, and umami flavors that help cut through the heat of the Szechuan peppercorns. It’s the perfect balance that can be achieved with just a spoonful of hoisin sauce.
- Sesame Oil– This magical oil is not only packed with flavor, but it also has a high smoke point, which means it won’t burn easily like other oils. Plus, it adds a nutty and rich taste to the dish that compliments the bold flavors of the Szechuan sauce.
- Brown Sugar– Brown sugar brings a subtle sweetness that balances out the heat from the Szechuan peppercorns and chili flakes. Not to mention, it also helps to caramelize the beef and vegetables, adding a depth of flavor that is simply irresistible.
- Beef Broth– Beef broth is more than just a liquid added for moisture. It’s the secret ingredient that elevates the flavors of the dish, infusing the beef with a rich and savory taste. With the broth as the base of the stir fry, the spices, garlic, ginger, and chili paste can do their magic to enhance the dish.
Stir Fry Cooking Essentials at Amazon
MEGOO 12.6 inch stainless steel nonstick wok pan with lid,stir fry honeycomb wok,cooking wok skillet,for gas cooktops,Induction,electric stove,dishwasher safe(PFA,PFOA Free)COOKLOVER Nonstick Woks And Stir Fry Pans Die-cast Aluminum Scratch Resistant 100% PFOA Free Induction Wok pan with Lid 12.6 Inch – BlackHexClad 8 Inch Hybrid Stainless Steel Frying Pan with Stay-Cool Handle, Dishwasher and Oven Safe, Non Stick, Works with Induction Cooktop, Gas, Ceramic, and Electric StoveAroma Housewares AEW-306 Electric Wok with Tempered Glass Lid Easy Clean Nonstick, Cooking Chopsticks, Tempura and Steaming Racks, Professional Model, BlackPOPCO Tongs for Cooking – Set of 3 (7, 9, 12 inches) – Heavy Duty, 304 Stainless Steel BBQ and Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tips (3 COLORS AVAILABLE)14 Inch Large Wooden Spoon for Cooking Mixing Serving Spoons Non Stick Wood Spatula Long Handled Stirring Cooking SpoonPyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer Safe
What is the Difference Between Szechuan Beef and Mongolian Beef?
If you’re a fan of Chinese cuisine, you’ve likely come across two beef dishes that are quite popular – Szechuan beef and Mongolian beef. These dishes may look similar at first glance, but their unique flavor profiles set them apart. Szechuan beef is known for its spicy kick, thanks to the chilis that are used in the recipe.
Mongolian beef, on the other hand, is mildly spiced with a sweet and savory flavor. Additionally, Szechuan beef is often stir-fried with vegetables such as bell peppers and onions, while Mongolian beef is typically cooked with scallions and garlic.
Whether you prefer your beef spicy or sweet, these two dishes offer a delectable taste of Chinese cuisine.
How to Make Your Stir Fry Beef Tender?
Stir fry beef is a tasty and quick dish that everybody loves. Unfortunately, the beef can turn out to be tough and chewy, which can make the whole meal a bit of a disappointment. But worry not! There are some easy tricks to make sure your stir fry beef comes out tender every time.
First, always make sure to cut it into thin slices, against the grain. This will break up the muscle fibers and make it easier to chew. Second, use baking soda. Just sprinkle a bit on the beef and leave it to rest for 20 minutes before washing it thoroughly. The baking soda will help break down the beef and make it more tender, without affecting the taste.
And last, don’t overcook the beef. Overcooked beef will always be tough, no matter how much baking soda you use. Follow these tips, and you’ll have a tender and delicious beef stir fry in no time.
How Do You Stir-Fry Beef without Making It Tough?
Stir-fry is a delicious way to cook beef, but it can quickly become tough if not done correctly. To prevent this from happening, there are a few tips to keep in mind. First, make sure your beef is sliced thinly and against the grain. This will make it easier to cook quickly and prevent it from getting chewy. Second, marinating your beef beforehand can help break down the connective tissues and make it more tender.
Finally, be sure to cook your beef on a high heat and constantly toss it in the pan to avoid overcooking any one spot. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to enjoy a perfectly tender and flavorful stir-fry beef dish every time.
Home Decor Finds at Amazon!
Mkono Mini Fake Plants in Farmhouse Galvanized Metal Pots Table Centerpiece Rustic Home Decor, 3 Pack Lightweight Potted Artificial Plants Faux Eucalyptus for Indoor Shelf Dining Room Office DecorHeart Carpenter Welcome Sign Home Decor Front Door Round Wood Sign Hanging Welcome Sign for Farmhouse porch Wall Pediments with Tassel Rustic Wood Beaded（helloOurWarm Macrame Table Runner Farmhouse Style, Natural Burlap Boho Table Runner Modern Farmhouse Decor Rustic Woven Cotton Crochet Lace for Bohemian, Rustic,Bridal, Shower Wedding, Dinner, 72Jetec Cutting Board Eat Sign Set Hanging Art Fork and Spoon Wall Decor Rustic Primitive Country Farmhouse Kitchen Decor for Kitchen and Home Decoration ()Cream Hydrangea Door Hanger Basket Wreath, 2023 Newest Wildflowers Door Hanging Basket Wreath, Front Door Beautiful Artificial Spring and Summer Wreath Welcome Sign, Home Porch Farmhouse Decor (A)Wocred 2 PCS Square Wall Mirror,Gorgeous Rustic Farmhouse Accent Mirror,Barn Wood Color Entry Mirror for Bathroom Renovation,Bedrooms,Living Rooms and More(12”x12”)
You Have to Try These Other Amazing Stir Fry Recipes!
- Easy Recipes: Chicken Stir Fry in 30 Minutes
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe
- Easy Beef Ramen Stir Fry
- Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 1 Pound Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 25 Small Dried Red Chilies (or more if desired)
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Ginger
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Place the steak in a bowl with the corn starch and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Place the steak in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. You may have to do this step in batches.
- Remove the steak from the pan. Place on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion and red and green bell peppers to the pan. Stir in the chilies. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan; cook for an additional 30 seconds. Return the beef to the pan with the vegetables.
- While the steak and vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the beef mixture and bring to a boil; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until sauce is just thickened. Serve immediately.