Vodka Chicken Pasta Recipe
Looking for a easy yet delicious dinner option? Then you’ll love this Chicken Vodka Pasta recipe! Not only is it easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, but the creamy sauce and tender chicken makes this dish extra special. Topped off with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, this one pot meal will be sure to hit the spot on a busy weeknight. Give it a try tonight and impress your friends and family with this flavorful Chicken Vodka Pasta dish!
Cooking doesn’t have to be an intimidating task; there are many Easy Recipes out there that require minimal ingredients and preparation. Whether you are looking for something quick and easy, or want to try your hand at a new cuisine, you can find a recipe to fit your needs. With just a few ingredients and the right cooking methods, you can whip up delicious meals with minimal effort. With all the time saved from finding complex recipes, you can spend more time enjoying what you have cooked up!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this easy weeknight meal!
- Chicken Breasts– For the best tasting chicken vodka pasta, you’ll want to go for boneless and skinless chicken breasts. These cuts of chicken are perfect for this dish as they’re relatively lean and tend to cook evenly while absorbing flavors from the sauce.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil is an incredibly important ingredient when making Chicken Vodka Pasta. Without it, the dish loses a significant portion of its flavor. Adding olive oil gives the pasta more depth and brings out the flavors in the dish. The oil also helps balance the acidity from ingredients like tomatoes and garlic, creating a smoother taste overall.
- Garlic– Garlic is an unsuspectingly powerful and delicious addition to any dish, and its presence in Chicken Vodka Pasta just takes the flavor profile up a notch. Not only does it bring out more sweetness from the sauce, but it adds a depth and complexity to the base of the dish.
- Salt and Pepper– Salt and pepper are a classic combination that pairs perfectly with chicken vodka pasta. Salt brings out the flavor in all of the ingredients, while pepper adds a little zing to create an unforgettable meal.
- Canned Whole Tomatoes– Canned whole tomatoes are simply amazing when making chicken vodka pasta. Not only do they add an extra layer of flavor and texture, but they also make it much easier to achieve the right consistency. The acidic tomatoes contrast perfectly with the cream and vodka, adding a bright element to the dish that keeps you coming back for more.
- Pesto Sauce– Pesto sauce gives chicken vodka pasta a delicious Mediterranean flair. It adds an unmistakably savory flavor and creamy texture that enhances all the other flavors in the dish. The combination of basil and walnuts creates nutty, earthy undertones that integrate perfectly with the grilled chicken and tomato vodka sauce.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy Whipping Cream is the secret ingredient that makes Chicken Vodka Pasta suitable for a fancy dinner date. The creaminess of the dish comes from its combination of starch released from the pasta and heavy whipping cream melted into the vodka sauce.
- Mozzarella Parmesan Cheese Blend– Mozzarella Parmesan cheese blend is a fan-favorite for topping tasty dishes like Chicken Vodka Pasta because it adds an irresistible layer of creamy, savory flavor to enhance the dish’s overall taste. The combination of mozzarella and parmesan creates a unique flavor with complementary profiles.
- Pasta– When it comes to making the perfect Chicken Vodka Pasta, you can’t go wrong with penne. Its ridges are especially designed to hold onto creamy sauces, just like classic vodka sauce. The pasta also cooks evenly, making sure everything is well-coated in sauce.
Cooking Essentials on Amazon
SENSARTE 12 Inch Nonstick Deep Frying Pan,5 Qt Non Stick Saute Pan with Lid,Large Skillet Pan,NonStick Jumbo Cooker,Cooking Pan Chefs Pan Cookware for All Stove Tops,Induction Compatible,PFOA FreeOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon SetAmorArc Ceramic Plates Set of 6, 8.0 Inch Small Dinner Plates Use for Dessert,Appetizer,Salad,Microwave and Dishwasher Safe, Scratch Resistant -WhiteYedio Porcelain Square Dinner Plates, 8.4 Inch Square Serving Plate for Steak, Pasta, Salad, Snacks, Dessert, Appetizer Plates-Set of 6, WhiteSweese 154.001 Porcelain Round Dinner Plates – 10 Inch – Set of 6, WhiteCAROTE Nonstick Deep Frying Pan with Lid, 12.5 Inch Skillet Saute Pan Induction Cookware, Non Stick Granite Frying Pan for Cooking, PFOA Free (Classic Grainte)
What is Chicken Vodka Pasta?
Chicken Vodka Pasta is an indulgent and comfortingly delicious dish. It’s a combination of simple ingredients – chicken, fresh tomatoes, cream, vodka and noodles – that creates something truly special.
The creamy sauce from the vodka and cream melt away the tartness of the tomatoes and help bring out the succulent juicy flavors of the chicken. On top of that, it’s comfort food at its best!
Serve it with truffle oil or slices of scamorza cheese for a little extra oomph. With one bite you’ll be hooked on this divinely flavorful fusion.
What Dishes Go Well with Vodka Pasta?
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish to accompany your delicious vodka pasta, look no further! A great complement to the rich flavors of vodka sauce is a fresh green salad. The crisp greens balance out the creamy sauce, adding a bit of crunch and brightness.
Garlic bread is also a classic pairing – diced and sautéed mushrooms make for a tasty addition to the buttery garlic bread. If you like your garlic bread crispy and cheesy, add shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese straight on top before popping it in the oven. For some added richness, try roasting vegetable sides like zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers – they match perfectly with vodka sauce and make any meal that much more exciting!
What Can I Use Instead of Heavy Cream for Vodka Pasta?
If you are looking for a lighter alternative to using heavy cream in your vodka pasta, then Greek yogurt is the way to go! Not only does it add an extra boost of flavor, but it is also low-calorie and provides a great texture. It offers sufficient thickness due to its fat content, so you don’t have to worry about your sauce consistency being off.
Greek yogurt is also rich and creamy, which means that your food will still be full of flavor – even if you’re not putting in heavy cream. So give this dairy substitute a try next time and enjoy a healthier version of this classic dish!
Farmhouse Home Decor Finds at Amazon
Wocred 2 PCS Square Wall Mirror,Gorgeous Rustic Farmhouse Accent Mirror,Barn Wood Color Entry Mirror for Bathroom Renovation,Bedrooms,Living Rooms and More(12”x12”)Hananona 120 Pcs Dried Pampas Grass Decor, Grass Contains Bunny Tails Dried Flowers, Reed Grass Bouquet for Wedding Boho Flowers Home Table Decor, Rustic Farmhouse Party… (120)CEWOR 20 Inch Green Artificial Eucalyptus Wreath with Welcome Sign Spring Summer Wreath for Front Door Welcome Wreath for Outside Farmhouse Porch Home Wall DecorHappyHapi Pampas Grass Decor 130 Pcs Boho Home Decor Dried Flowers, 17 Inch Natural Dried Pampas Grass Bouquet for Office Decor, Wedding Decor, Farmhouse Decor, Festival DecorFarmhouse Living Room Wall Decor Wood Windmill Wall Decor Rustic wooden Wall Art Home Decor Decorative Windmill Wall Sculpture Home Decor for Bedroom Nursery Dorm Home (11.4 x 11.4 Inches, Circle)
Try These Other Easy Recipes!
- Easy Recipes: 15 Bean Soup
- Easy Recipes: Tex Mex Stuffed Bell Peppers (with Quinoa)
- Easy Recipes: Baked Parmesan Asparagus
- Easy Recipes: Cranberry Apple Butter Chicken
You’ll Love These Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Pasta Chicken Alfredo with Veggies
- Hearty Baked Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Casserole
- Quick Santa Fe Pasta Salad
Chicken Vodka Pasta
This one pot chicken vodka pasta is easy and delicious. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a fantastic meal on the table in no time!
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 (28 oz. can) Whole Tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz.) Container Pesto Sauce
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1-2 Cup Mozzarella Parmesan Blend Cheese
- 1 Pound of Your Favorite Pasta
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil for the pasta.
- Add the oil and garlic to a skillet. Over medium heat sauté the garlic.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of each chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and brown on each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Once they are brown on each side, dice them up. I just do this in the skillet.
- Continue to cook them over the medium heat until they are 100% cooked through.
- Add in the can of whole tomatoes.
- Use your large mixing spoon to roughly dice up the tomatoes.
- Stir well to combine. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the container of pesto. Stir well to combine.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes for everything to combine well.
- Add the heavy cream. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes or so. The sauce will being to reduce.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water. Cook the pasta for about 9 minutes.
- Drain. Return to the pot.
- Dump the chicken mixture onto the pot with the pasta. Stir to coat the pasta well.
- Add the cheese. Stir to mix well and coat.
- Plate it up. We served it with a dinner salad and rolls.
Yum! Vodka sauce is one of my favorites.
My husband does not like chicken. 🙁 Please make this and invite me over to eat!!
So glad you posted this recipe! Just last week I made a different version of vodka pasta and it took forever. I can’t wait to use your recipe…MUCH better plan!!
Awesome Sharon! Enjoy… it sure is yummy.
I LOVE vodka sauce–but I’ve never had it homemade, only out of the jar. I will definitely try this! Thanks for sharing 🙂
This looks so rich and delicious!! Perfect for fall weather! I would love for you to come link up to my Get Social Sunday party and show off your awesome blog! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/09/get-social-sunday_30.html
Beautiful dish, Crystal, and so healthy! I make something similar and include saute-ed sliced peppers, mushrooms and zucchini. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Linking up from WLW,
Susan in VA
That looks fantastic and I appreciate that there is no vodka in it.
Printabelle- me too!
This looks so yummy! I’m pinning it, so I can make it next week. Thanks for sharing!
Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!
That looks wonderful! This is a great recipe to try! I found you on We Like to Learn as We Go Wednesday.
Wow! Oh, Mama, this looks so good! Will definitely save this one to make. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from One Creative Weekend. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
Haha and there was me after the vodka ;O)
This looks like a great Chicken Pasta that we would just love. Enjoy your weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen- yummy just does not do it justice. So, so amazing!
Hey there! Just wanted to let you know we featuring you in our Favorite Find Fridays post next Friday over at Whimsically Homemade. We’re using one of your pictures and are linking back to you. If that’s a problem let us know and we’ll remove it immediately. Thanks for your great inspiration!