I absolutely love the spring and summer season but not for the weather! It means all of our favorite fruits and vegetables are in season. With this in mind I started thinking of how fun it would be to use those favorites for jams and jelly! Making homemade jam and jelly recipes is a simple process and the kids love to help out! Easy peasy!
Canning and preserving your favorite fruits requires a strategic yet simple process! It is important to know the necessary steps and follow them accordingly.
Here are some basic things to remember when canning and preserving:
- Gather the necessary tools ahead of time!
- Always work with fresh produce.
- Boil lids and jars to sterilize before filling them with your wonderful jelly or jam.
- Canned and preserved good can store for up to one year!
- Of course, refrigerate after opening.
Check out these 20 delicious jam and jelly recipes! Make a day out of it and pick your favorites!
20 Homemade Jam and Jelly Recipes
This is the perfect way to use up those fresh fruits to make delicious jams and jellies!