This recipe for Instant Pot Beans and Rice is an easy, delicious way to use up leftover black beans. The rice and beans are cooked together in one pot, so it’s a quick and easy meal to make. Plus, the beans and rice are so flavorful and delicious! This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal.
If you’re looking for some instant pot recipes, whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a dish to impress your guests, these recipes are perfect for busy weeknights or lazy Sundays. From hearty stews to light and airy desserts, there’s something for everyone. And best of all, these recipes are all quick and easy to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Instant Pot Recipe:
Here are the simple ingredients needed for this delicious recipe!
- Olive Oil– Olive oil is necessary for cooking when you need to sauté onions and garlic. It is also healthy and contains beneficial antioxidants.
- Large Onion– Onion provides a lot of flavor with very little effort. When you add onion to these dishes, you don’t need to worry about complicated methods or long cooking times.
- Garlic– Garlic adds flavor and depth to the dish, while also helping to mask the sometimes bland taste of the beans and rice. In addition, garlic is a good source of nutrients, including vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber.
- Smoked Sausage– This is a great addition to easy recipes like beans and rice, and its Smoked flavor pairs well with other Smoked meats. Smoked sausage is usually made with pork, but it can also be made with beef or chicken.
- Chicken Broth– Chicken broth is often used as a flavoring in easy recipes like beans and rice. Chicken broth also provides moisture to the dish, preventing it from drying out.
- Long Grain Rice– Long grain rice is important because it has a light, fluffy texture that is perfect for soaking up the flavors of other ingredients. In addition, long grain rice is less likely to stick together, making it easier to portion out servings.
- Black Beans– Black beans are often used in recipes for beans and rice. The combination of black beans and rice is a complete protein, meaning that it contains all the essential amino acids that the human body needs. Black beans are also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Beans and Rice Cooking Essentials from Amazon
Instant Pot Max 6 Quart Multi-use Electric Pressure Cooker with 15psi Pressure Cooking, Sous Vide, Auto Steam Release Control and Touch ScreenOXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, BeechHome Basics Multi-Purpose Pastry Marble Cutting Board Slab with Non-Slip Feet for Stability & Scratch Protection for Countertop, Easy to Clean, Trivet, WhiteStainless Steel Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons 10-Piece Set, 5 Cups And 5 SpoonsKitchen Towels Set – Pack of 6 Cotton Dish Towels for Drying Dishes, 18”x 28”, Kitchen Hand Towels, Absorbent Tea Towels, Premium Dish Towels for Kitchen, Quick Drying Kitchen Towel Set – Aqua
Do Dry Beans Need to Be Soaked for Instant Pot?
If you’re an Instant Pot fan, you know that this versatile appliance can be used for so much more than just making quick and easy recipes. One thing that people love about the Instant Pot is that it can be used to cook dry beans from scratch, without any soaking required. While dry beans do need to be soaked before cooking on the stovetop, this isn’t necessary when using an Instant Pot.
Simply add your dry beans to the pot along with some water, set the timer, and let the pressure cooker do its magic. In no time at all, you’ll have a pot of delicious, healthy dry beans that are perfect for use in soups, stews, chili, or even just plain old beans and rice. So if you’re looking for a hassle-free way to cook dry beans, the Instant Pot is definitely the way to go.
What are the Healthiest Beans to Eat?
Beans are a great source of protein, fiber, and vitamins, and they can be a healthy addition to any diet. However, not all beans are created equal. Some types of beans are higher in nutrients than others, and some are easier to digest than others. So, what is the healthiest bean to eat?
There are many different types of beans, but some of the most nutrient-dense varieties include black beans, kidney beans, and lentils. Black beans are especially high in fiber and protein, making them a great choice for vegans and vegetarians. Kidney beans are also rich in nutrients, and they’re a good source of iron. Lentils are another nutritious option, and they’re very easy to cook. Beans and rice is a classic combination that is both healthy and delicious.
So, there you have it: the healthiest bean to eat is whichever type of bean you enjoy the most! Beans are a nutritious food that can be enjoyed in many different ways. So find a recipe you like and give them a try. Your body will thank you for it!
How Long Does it Take to Cook Beans in an Instant Pot?
Beans are a delicious and nutritious staple in many cuisines around the world, and they can be easily cooked in an Instant Pot. Depending on the type of bean, cooking times can vary, but most beans will be cooked through in about 30 minutes. Beans are particularly simple to cook when paired with rice, as both can be cooked together in the same pot. As a result, Instant Pot beans and rice is a quick and easy meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week.
Instant Pot Essentials from Amazon
Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid 6 in 1, No Pressure Cooking Functionality, 6 Qt, 1500 W,BlackInstant Pot Official Mesh Steamer Basket, Set of 2, Stainless SteelInstant Pot – 5252242 Instant Pot Official Silicone Egg Bites Pan with Lid, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers, RedInstant Pot Stainless Steel Official Wire Roasting Rack, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookersInstant Pot Official Round Cake Pan, 7.7-Inch, GrayInstant Pot Official Fits 6QT/8QT Electric Pressure Cooker and Duo Crisp Air Fryer Lid Combo, 8-Piece, Assorted
More Amazing Instant Pot Recipes Like This One
- Instant Pot Black Bean Chicken Bowls
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
You’ll Love These Hearty Bean Recipes
- Easy Recipe: Bean and Cheese Tostadas
- Easy Hawaiian Baked Beans Recipe
- Three Bean Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic, diced and minced
- Smoked sausage, cut into pieces
- 3 ¼ Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Long Grain Rice
- 1 Can Small Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Green Onion
- Pour olive oil into inner pot of Instant Pot. Set on sauté function.
- Add onion, garlic and sausages and cook on sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off sauté function and add chicken broth. Using a wooden spoon, scrape off any brown bits at the bottom of the inner pot.
- Rinse, wash and drain rice. Add into inner pot. Stir so that all rice grains are fully immersed.
- Add beans followed by cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin.
- Attach lid and set IP to rice setting or, 12 minutes low pressure.
- Once time is up, allow for a Quick Pressure Release.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with green onion. Enjoy!