This No Bake Blueberry Banana Pie Recipe is the perfect easy recipe for when you want something sweet, but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Just whip up some cream cheese and whipped cream, layer it with bananas and blueberry pie filling, and enjoy! This easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
There’s nothing quite like a homemade pie, and with the Best Pie Recipes, you can enjoy this delicious treat anytime. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic apple pie or blueberry, there’s a recipe out here that will suit your taste. And with so many pies here to choose from, you’ll never get bored! So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here are the ingredients needed for this easy pie recipe!
- Whipped Cream– Whipped cream is often used as a topping for pies, cakes, and other desserts. But did you know that it can also be used to make a delicious no bake blueberry banana pie? The key is to use stabilized whipped cream, which will hold its shape and hold up to the weight of the fruit.
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese is a type of cheese that is made from milk and cream. It has a smooth, rich texture and a mild, slightly tangy flavor. Cream cheese is often used in baking, as it helps to create a light and fluffy texture. It also makes an excellent filling for pies and pastries.
- Graham Cracker Crust– The Graham Cracker crust is both sweet and crunchy. The Graham Cracker crust pairs well with the fresh blueberries and ripe bananas in the pie, making it a truly delicious dessert.
- Sliced Bananas– Sliced bananas are the perfect addition to no bake blueberry banana pies. Not only do they add a delicious flavor, but they also help to thicken the filling and add a natural sweetness. Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber, which helps to promote digestive health.
- Blueberry Pie Filling– Blueberry pie filling is a delicious and easy way to add fruit to any pie recipe. Blueberries are packed with nutrients and antioxidants, making them a healthy addition to any diet. Blueberry pie filling is also naturally sweet, so it requires less sugar than other fruits.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla extract is a popular ingredient in many desserts, and for good reason. Vanilla has a rich, sweet flavor that complements other ingredients well. It also has a strong aroma that can add depth to a dish. In the case of no bake blueberry banana pie, vanilla extract can help to round out the sweetness of the fruit and create a more complex flavor profile.
- Granulated Sugar– Granulated sugar is often used in baking because it dissolves easily and helps create a smooth, even texture. However, it also has other benefits that make it ideal for no-bake desserts like blueberry banana pie. Granulated sugar helps to thicken the filling by absorbing some of the liquid from the fruit. This prevents the pie from being too runny and ensures that each slice is nicely sliced.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Pie Pans for Baking, Lareina Ceramic 9 Inch Deep Pie Dish with Rippled Edge for Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Colorful and Durable Pie Plate, Set of 2, GreyCedilis Set of 2 Ceramic Pie Pan for Baking, 9 Inches Pie Plate, 47 Ounce Deep Dish Pie Pan, Round Baking Dish for Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Red and GreenVIVOHOME Stand Mixer, 660W 10 Speed 6 Quart Tilt-Head Kitchen Electric Food Mixer with Beater, Dough Hook, Wire Whip and Egg Separator, RedHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5Farberware Professional Pie Server (Stainless Steel), Metallic, Small –
How Do You Thicken Canned Blueberry Pie Filling?
Canned blueberry pie filling is a convenient product that can save you time when making pies. However, sometimes the filling can be too thin, making it difficult to slice cleanly. If you find yourself in this situation, there are a few easy ways to thicken the filling.
One option is to simply add some flour or cornstarch to the mixture. This will help to absorb some of the liquid and make the filling more thick and viscous. Another option is to cook the filling over low heat until it begins to reduce and thicken. This method can take a bit longer, but it will result in a more concentrated flavor.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to stirring frequently so that the mixture does not stick or burn. With a little effort, you can easily achieve the perfect consistency for your canned blueberry pie filling.
Can I Add Frozen Fruit to Canned Pie Filling?
It’s no secret that baking can be a bit of an undertaking. There’s the measuring, the mixing, the oven temperature precision…and don’t even get me started on decorating. So when a craving for something sweet hits and I don’t have the time (or patience) to bake an entire pie from scratch, I’ll often turn to a can of premade pie filling. But what if I want to get a little creative? Can I add frozen fruit to canned pie filling?
The short answer is yes! If you’re looking for a no-bake option, simply mix your favorite canned pie filling with some defrosted frozen fruit (I love blueberry banana pie). Pour it into an already-made crust, pop it in the fridge to set, and voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious and easy dessert. Just be sure to taste as you go, adding more sugar or spice as needed. And feel free to get creative with your flavor combinations – the sky’s the limit!
Does Canned Pie Filling Need to be Baked?
There are a lot of recipes out there for no-bake pies, and many of them call for canned pie filling. But does canned pie filling really need to be baked? The answer, it turns out, is no. Canned pie filling is already cooked, so there’s no need to heat it up again. In fact, if you try to bake it, you might end up with a runny mess.
So if you’re in a hurry (or if you’re just not in the mood to fire up the oven), feel free to use canned pie filling in your no-bake pies. Just be sure to give the pie a good refrigeration time so that it sets up properly.
Pie Baking Essentials from Amazon
Cedilis Set of 2 Ceramic Pie Pan for Baking, 9 Inches Pie Plate, 47 Ounce Deep Dish Pie Pan, Round Baking Dish for Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Red and GreenCeramic Pie Weights Reusable 10mm Baking Beans Pie Crust Weights Natural Ceramic Stoneware with a Drainage Storage Box with holes and Canvas Storage Bag(1.2LB)Pie Pans for Baking, Lareina Ceramic 9 Inch Deep Pie Dish with Rippled Edge for Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Durable Pie Plate, Set of 2, WhiteEmile Henry 9Dough Presser Pocket Pie Molds, Party Potluck Hand Pie Molds, Hand Pie Molds, Apple, Pumpkin And Acorn Shapes 3-Piece
More of the Best Pie Recipes
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Easy Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- Easy Apple Butter Pie Recipe
You’ll Love these Other Blueberry Recipes!
- Overnight Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Oatmeal Granola Recipe
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Crescent Rolls
- Crumbl Blueberry Cookie Recipe
- 8 Ounces Whipped Cream, room temperature
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1 Can Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- Combine your cream cheese and whipped cream that are at room temperature in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed getting it as smooth as possible.
- After about 2-3 minutes of mixing, add your sugar and vanilla. (I only like to add one teaspoon of vanilla, my mother likes one tablespoon. You choose.) Mix until combined and creamy- about 2 more minutes.
- Line your graham cracker pie crust with the sliced bananas.
- Pour the creamy whipped concoction over the bananas and level it off to make the top flat and smooth. (Mine had some small lumps of cream cheese still in it, as you can see in the photo below. No worries, no on noticed when they were eating it.)
- Evenly pour the entire can of blueberry pie filling over the creamy pie mixture.
- Pop the lid on the pie and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. It is best to refrigerate for at least 1 hour, I say at 4-6 hours you have pie perfection.
- Once you’re ready to serve, just slice it and plate it up.