Are you looking for an easy recipe to impress your family and friends? Look no further than this delicious Apple Butter Pie Recipe! Just a few simple ingredients like large eggs, whole milk, sugar, ground cinnamon, cornstarch and a 9-inch pie shell can turn into a divine dessert. Not only is it simple to make but it tastes amazing too! So why not try it out for yourself – you won’t regret it! The perfect combination of sweet and savory, this Apple Butter Pie recipe is sure to please everyone. Get creative in the kitchen and make your tastebuds dance with this delicious dish today.
Is there anything better than ending a meal with a delicious, sweet treat? Whether you’re a fan of cakes, cookies, pies, or ice cream, there are endless Dessert Recipes out there to satisfy your sweet tooth. From classic chocolate cake to trendy avocado pudding, there’s a dessert recipe out there for everyone. Plus, making your own dessert can be a fun and creative experience. So next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, grab your apron and get to baking with one of the many dessert recipes available online or in cookbooks.
Easy Dinner Recipes
Delicious Pie Dessert Recipes
Indulge in the delightful world of delicious pie dessert recipes, where the blend of crusty dough and sweet fillings create a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds longing for more.
- Apple Pecan Upside Down Pie
- No Bake Blueberry Banana Pie
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
Ingredients Needed for this Mouthwatering Pie
Here’s what you need to make this sweet dessert!
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
- Apple Butter– Apple butter is the heart and soul of this pie recipe. It’s what gives our pie its distinctive, rich flavor and smooth, velvety texture. Made by slowly cooking apples with sugar and spices until they become a thick, caramelized spread, apple butter brings a deep, concentrated apple flavor that just can’t be matched.
- Large Eggs– Large eggs play a crucial role in our Apple Butter Pie recipe. They act as the binding agent, providing structure and stability to the pie filling. The proteins in eggs coagulate during baking, helping to set the custard-like apple butter mixture and prevent it from collapsing or seeping out of the pie shell.
- Whole Milk– Whole Milk is a quintessential ingredient in our Apple Butter Pie recipe, offering a creamy richness that cannot be substituted. It is the fat content in whole milk that contributes to the velvety texture of the apple butter pie, making each bite luxuriously smooth. Furthermore, it enhances the sweetness of the pie without overpowering the main flavor – the apple butter.
- Sugar– Sugar is another indispensable ingredient in our Apple Butter Pie recipe. Beyond the obvious of sweetening our delicious pie, sugar contributes in a few other critical ways. During baking, it promotes the beautiful, golden-brown color of the pie through caramelization. It also interacts with the proteins in the eggs and milk to create a smooth and creamy texture.
- Ground Cinnamon– This warm, aromatic spice is what gives our Apple Butter Pie its distinctive character. Ground cinnamon adds a delightful hint of spice to the sweet apple butter, creating a balance of flavors that is truly irresistible. The beauty of ground cinnamon lies not only in its flavor but also in its versatility. A little goes a long way, and it pairs wonderfully with the rich apple butter, enhancing its natural sweetness and complexity.
- Cornstarch– When it comes to our pie, cornstarch is what holds everything together. As the pie bakes, the cornstarch absorbs moisture from the apple butter, eggs, and milk, then swells and gels, giving the filling its firm yet velvety texture. Without it, the filling might be too runny, making it difficult to slice and serve the pie. Plus, cornstarch is flavorless, so it doesn’t interfere with the rich flavors of apple butter and spices in our pie.
- 9-inch Pie Shell– The 9-inch Pie Shell serves as the foundation of our Apple Butter Pie. It’s more than just a vessel for the filling; it plays a significant role in the overall texture and flavor of the pie. The crust’s firm yet flaky texture provides a delightful contrast to the smooth, creamy apple butter filling, enhancing the pie’s overall mouthfeel.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
Amazon is a treasure trove of baking essentials, offering everything from top-quality pie shells, ground cinnamon, and cornstarch to high-end baking tools and equipment that can push your dessert-making experience to a whole new level.
RONGRONG Adjustable Pie Crust Shield, BPA-free and Food Safe Silicone Pie Protector for Baking Pie, Fits Rimmed Dish 8Farberware Baker’s Advantage Ceramic Pie Dish, 10-Inch, TealPyrex Deep 2-Piece 9.5Silicone Pastry Mat for Baking, Baking Mat for Rolling Dough Non Slip Extra Large, Fondant Mat with Measurement, Kitchen Counter Mat for Pie Crust, Pizza and Cookies, Oven Liner Mat,16BakeBarn Parchment Paper for Pie Weights and Pans, Plastic Free Packaging, Pre Formed fit 8,9,10 Inch Dish, Natural Unbleached Food Grade Non-Stick Liners, High Heat Safe, Designed in USA, 50 SheetsTalisman Designs Pie Crust Decorating Tools | Pastry Wheel Cutter | Set of 1
What is Apple Butter Made of?
Have you ever tasted apple butter? If not, you’re missing out on a true delight. It’s a thick and creamy spread that can be used in multiple ways and provides a taste that will leave you wanting more. But what exactly is apple butter made of? Well, unlike what its name implies, apple butter doesn’t contain any actual butter.
Instead, it’s made of soft-cooked apples, spices, and sugar. The apples get pureed to a smooth consistency and cooked slowly with cinnamon and other spices to bring out its flavor and aroma. So whether you spread it on a piece of toast or use it as a glaze for pork, you can be sure that apple butter is a flavorful and delicious treat!
Does Apple Butter Taste like Applesauce?
If you’ve ever wondered whether apple butter and applesauce are the same thing, let me tell you – they’re not! While both are made from delicious apples, there are key differences between the two that set them apart. Applesauce is typically pureed apples with little to no additional ingredients, and has a smooth, slightly chunky texture.
Apple butter, on the other hand, is often cooked with spices (like cinnamon or cloves) and sweeteners (like brown sugar) until it reduces down to a thick and spreadable consistency. So while they both start with the same ingredient, the end results are pretty distinct. If you’re a fan of all things apple, though, I highly recommend giving both a try to compare and contrast for yourself!
How Do You Store the Apple Butter Pie?
So, you’ve made a delicious apple butter pie and now you’re wondering what’s the best way to store it. Well, first things first, let that bad boy cool completely. You don’t want all that steam to create excess moisture which will lead to a soggy crust. Once cooled, cover the pie tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
I personally like to put it in a cake carrier with a lid or a large plastic container so that it’s protected and won’t be knocked over in the fridge. Pop it in the fridge and it will last for about 4-5 days. And if you want to keep it for longer, you can always freeze it! Now, who’s ready for a slice of pie?
Pie Making Essentials at Amazon
At Amazon, you can find an array of pie making essentials, from high-quality ingredients to baking tools like pie pans, dough cutters, and rolling pins, all designed to help you create delectable pies with ease.
Apple Peeler and Corer – Durable, Heavy Duty Chrome Cast Iron with Powerful Countertop Suction, Hand Crank for Fruits, Apples, Potatoes or Veggies, Fall Picking Season and Holiday Pie Making EssentialNon-slip Pastry Mat Extra Large with Measurements 28”By 20” for Silicone Baking/ Counter Mat, Dough Rolling Mat,Oven Liner,Fondant/Pie Crust Mat By Folksy Super Kitchen RedMrs. AndersonCHEFMADE Baking and Cooling Rack Set, 13.5-Inch 3-Tier Non-Stick Stackable Collapsible Rectangle Wire Rack for Oven Baking (Black)Farberware Classic Wood Rolling Pin, 17.75-Inch, NaturalR&M International Non-Stick 12.25
Delicious Apple Desserts
From warm, spiced apple ciders to decadent apple crumbles, and of course, our irresistible Apple Butter Pie, the versatility of apples makes them a staple in a wide array of mouthwatering desserts.
- Easy Apple Butter Cake Recipe
- Apple Butter Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe
- Mason Jar Apple Crisp
- Crock Pot Apple Cobbler
Sweet Treats for Fall
Is Fall your favorite dessert season? Check out our 30 Sweet Treats for Fall. They are all mouth watering crowd pleasers!
You can download them here.
- 1/2 Cup Apple Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 9-Inch Deep Pie Crust, not baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the unbaked pie crust onto a cookie sheet.
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Beat in the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and apple butter until combined.
- Whisk in the milk until combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center is set.
- Allow the pie to cool completely on the counter before putting it in the fridge overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and dashes of cinnamon.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g