We are in love with Pete the Cat books! Seriously. My boys love them.
Have you read Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons? Super fun book! I love the way it incorporates math into the story.
And guess what? My boys and I made a free printable math game to go with the book! We love educational activities for kids!
- Pete the Cat Printable Math Game <<——- click tp print
- Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons book
- white cardstock ( I accidentally purchased the white paper with color specs…. ugh!)
- mini craft brad
- scissors or paper cutter
- one small button for each player (or a Lego Man for each player)
Cut everything out in the printable pack.
Assemble the spinner using the craft brad.
Assemble and glue the dice together.
Place all of the cards in stacks according to color, face down.
Place the space value card near each stack so that the kids know how many spaces each card is worth.
Roll the dice and the child who rolls the highest number will go first and then the order of the rest of the players will go clockwise.
Whatever color they land on when they spin, this is the color of card they will draw.
If they answer the math problem correctly, they will move forward the number of spaces indicated.
If they get the answer wrong, they will move backwards that many spaces, or back to START if there are not enough spaces back to go.
If you get the math problem right, you keep the card.
If you get the math problem wrong it goes back at the bottom of the stack.
The first player to reach the final spot on the game board is the winner!!
Enjoy reading the book together as well! Such a fun read!!
Check out my free printable sight word game too!
Counting Bears Math Printables
More Pete the Cat Activities for Kids:
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes:
- The Pleasantest Thing: Pete the Cat Busy Bag
- The Educators’ Spin On It: Pete the Cat Inspired Costume Cat Headband for Dress Up Play and Learning
- The Educators’ Spin On It: Pete the Cat Movement Activity
- Rainy Day Mum: Pete the Cat Shoe Activities for Literacy
- ready-set-read: Preschool Activities with Pete the Cat
- Playdough to Plato: Pete the Cat Glyph
- Still Playing School: Pete the Cat Inspired Reading & Gross Motor Game
Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons:
- 3 Dinosaurs: Learning with Buttons
- Mama Miss: Button Counting, Graphing, and Sorting
- Inspiration Laboratories: Pete the Cat Button Activities
- Lalymom: 3 Pete the Cat Activities
- Growing Book by Book: Pete the Cat Activities: Beginning Sound Button Cover