Let’s be honest, stuffed potatoes are the ultimate in comfort food and these 20+ Stuffed Baked Potato Recipes You’ll Drool Over are so awesomely over the top–I can’t wait.
Some nights, I just can’t come up with something yummy to make. I need ideas. And lots of them, to make some of our favorite meals more unique, fun and kind of rekindle-the-magic, you know?
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
That probably sounds ridiculous, but seriously, if I have to eat another plain baked potato with butter, I might have to scream.
And don’t even start on sweet potatoes for me, because I love them, but they need some kind of dressing-up.
But these stuffed taters, oh my. There’s so much dressing-up and having fun with these, I just don’t know if I’ll ever make a plain potato again!
Oh, and if you’re looking for more tasty meals that will really wow the family, check out my BIG list of easy recipes. There’s so many quick and fun ideas here that you can literally make something new every night.
Now, let’s get some stuffed baked potatoes cooking, because I am hungry!
Tips for How to Make Stuffed Baked Potatoes You’ll Love
- Never just toss a potato into the microwave or oven as-is without some kind of covering or layer of protection–you’ll end up with not only a dry skin (blegh) but also some tough meat on the inside. I like to coat it with olive oil and roll potatoes in kosher salt, even if the recipe doesn’t call for it.
- When I preheat my oven to 400 degrees, I always throw my baking sheet into the oven too. That way, I don’t forget to put my potatoes on it–I hate it when they drip into the bottom of the oven.
- Always wait to break open your potatoes until they are cool enough to handle. You don’t want a burned finger.
- If there’s a question about putting more cooked bacon or sprinkling with remaining cheese, the answer is yes. More is never going to ruin these stuffed potatoes. Except when it comes to green onion–there is such thing as too much of that…
- Always season with salt and pepper. Something about adding salt to potato just makes it taste amazing.
20+ Stuffed Baked Potato Recipes You’ll Drool Over
If you loved these awesome twice baked potato recipes, be sure to pin them to your favorite easy recipes board on Pinterest, so you can find it again easy when you’re ready to bake a tater.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love
- Irish Nachos – A 1/4 teaspoon of easy, 1/2 cup of fun and 1/4 cup of awesome-this-is-amazing are the secret ingredients to these potato-based nachos…you have to try them.
- Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes – I love these mashed potatoes. They’re simple and fun to make but the honest truth is that they’re so tasty, even if they were hard, I’d make them again and again.
- Potato Soup with Mexican Cornbread – If you need a potato, but you’re more of a soup type, this recipe is so awesome, you’re going to be licking the bowl.