Crockpot Blueberry Cobbler

As many of you know I am on the Nutrisystem diet. All of the frozen entrees are delivered via Schwan’s food delivery service. While the Schwan’s truck may be known as the ice cream and Nutrisystem delivery truck to my children, they carry a variety of foods.

Before long I started buying frozen chicken breasts and frozen salmon filets from our delivery man. Then I bought some breakfast items, which have made my mornings easier. Well, one day I decided to buy some frozen blueberries, mostly because they came with a recipe for making cobbler in the crockpot. I could not resists.

I made the cobbler for my kids yesterday.

I tasted a bite.

Cakey.

I liked it.

A lot.

I wanted more, but refrained.

It would be amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, too.

Here is how you make this easy dessert that would be perfect for a family get together and it cooks in only 2.5 hours on high!

Ingredients:

• 1 c flour
  • 1  1/4 c sugar, divided
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1/4 t cinnamon
  • 1/4 t nutmeg
  • 1/4 c sour cream
  • 1/4 c water
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 t lemon juice, divided
  • 1 (16 oz) bag whole frozen blueberries

Mix together the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sour cream, water, eggs, and 1 tsp of the lemon juice.

Mix until creamy removing as many lumps as possible. I simply used a whisk.

Pour the batter into the crockpot.

Add the remaining 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp of lemon juice.

Stir until combined.

Put the lid on the crockpot and cook on high for 2.5 hours.

When the cobbler is done it will look like this.

Scoop it up and serve. Add a scoop of ice cream if you want.

Easy, fast and delish.

• ¼ c sour cream
  • ¼ c water
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 t lemon juice, divided
  • 1 (16 oz) bag whole frozen blueberries
Instructions
  1. Mix together the flour, ¼ cup of the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sour cream, water, eggs, and 1 tsp of the lemon juice.
  2. Mix until creamy removing as many lumps as possible. I simply used a whisk.
  3. Pour the batter into the crockpot.
  4. In a bowl, dump in your frozen blueberries. I suppose you could use just about any frozen berry you want.
  5. Add the remaining 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp of lemon juice.
  6. Stir until combined.
  7. Dump the berries into the middle section of the batter that is already in the crockpot.
  8. Put the lid on the crockpot and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
  9. Scoop it up and serve. Add a scoop of ice cream if you want.

I am sharing this recipe on these resourceful sites: i heart naptime,  the girl creativeC.R.A.F.T. craftomatic,  crafts keep me sane,   skip to my loumaking the world cutersumos sweet stuff mad in crafts, tip junkie, tasty tuesdaytempt my tummy tuesdaycraft edition hope studios, todays creative blog, sew much adosomeday crafts,  we are that family,  blue cricket designs,  somewhat simple,  paisley passionshouse of hepworths fun to craftfingerprints on the fridge, tidy moma few of my favorite things and  it’s a hodge podge life.   Looking for a more copious list? Here are over 50 sites to search for and share projects  and tutorials.

Comments

1. Mandi@BoredomBustingMommy says

This looks perfect! I’ve been making a crock pot cherry cobbler, but it’s missing something. It’s good but not great. I think your recipe is going to fix that! This is going on the menu for next week. :)
    Mandi@BoredomBustingMommy recently posted..Bubble wrap races and "Mandi’s Menu"My Profile

2. Rachel says

I have blueberries in the freezer waiting to be made into something and this is it! I made a cobbler the other week but this sounds way yummier! Thanks!!

3. Mary Beth Elderton says

Thank You!!! I bookmarked this and finally got around to making it today–I used frozen strawberries, because that’s what I had on hand. Delicious! Very easy and no heat from the oven.

4. Cassie says

I’m wondering what size crock pot. I think cooking time would vary if you have a different size crock pot. I have a 6 or 6.5 quart crock pot.

5. Mary Beth Elderton says

Crystal, I have made this a few times now with different fruits, and it comes out perfect every time. My husband was bragging to his mother about how good this is, so I sent her and Hub’s sister your link! Thank you again! Someone asked about the size of the slow-cooker–I am using a plain old Crock Pot.

Mary Beth- that is so awesome to hear that a variety of fruits work well. Good to know. I should try frozen blackberries. I love blackberry cobbler.

Thank you so much for sharing the link to this recipe with your family. That really means a lot to me. :)

My crockpot is a 6 quart, so it likely cooks the cobbler faster than if I used a 4 quart.
      Crystal recently posted..Apple Butter Crescent RollsMy Profile

This looks awesome! I want to make it for a Labor Day picnic on Monday. I already have lots of frozen blueberries in the freezer in gallon bags. About how many cups of berries would you say it needs? I know 1 cup = 8 ounces, so would 2 cups do it? Thanks!

7. Tiffanie Dicus says

I am trying this right now in my crockpot! It smells so good and we cant wait to try it! If we like it next time we are going to try different berries! I love using my crockpot!

• Tiffanie Dicus says

So we tried this and LOVED it! It was so good! The next time we do it we are going to do alittle more of the batter and we are going to try raspberries it was so great! The best thing I have ever tried lol!

Hi Tiffanie, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it. I love the batter part too- more is always yummy.

I am eager to hear how amazing it is as a raspberry cobbler.