I needed to refresh my front door this holiday season, so I pulled together these 20+ DIY Christmas wreaths to make this year and I’m getting all the best ideas!
If you’re looking to have more fun making this holiday season, here’s a whole passel of Christmas gifts and crafts you can make to gift or sell!
Tips for Making Christmas Wreaths
- Start with the right base. If you want to make a wreath with a ton of greenery, use a wire base. But if you’re wanting a wrapped wreath, you should definitely go for a foam wreath form. It all starts at the base, so think about where you’re going before you hit the craft store.
- Use floral wire. I know that hot glue is all sorts of fun and stuff, but because your wreath will be on the door and lots of sunshine will be hitting it, you probably want to limit your hot glue use. I recommend using floral wire to get your baubles and florals to stay in place on your wreath.
- Get some wire cutters. You can absolutely try to cut your pieces and trim your greenery with scissors, but it’s not going to be fun. Grab some wire cutters or even pliers, because those are going to be less damaging to your scissors and they’ll hurt your hand less.
- Don’t feel like you have to decorate every inch. If you need permission to have just a few simple decorations on your wreath, I am giving it. I love a good wreath that’s asymmetrical! So, don’t feel like every inch needs something crazy on it. Just what looks best.
- Get a nice wreath hanger. You’re putting a lot of effort into your wreath. So why then would you try to hang it with a coat hanger? That’s horrible. Go to the dollar store and get a nice wreath hanger. They’re only $1.
20+ Christmas Wreaths to Make This Year
See?! So many awesome DIY holiday wreath ideas, you’ll be swimming in festive door decorations!
Be sure to pin this to your favorite DIY ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it again quick when you’re ready to refresh your look or make a gift for someone!