If you’re still on the hunt for the perfect DIY costume for kids, check out these 20 DIY Food Costumes Everyone Will Love! They’re simple, fun and sooooo tasty! LOL!
You’re seriously going to find something so fun in these halloween food costumes, because, frankly, food is fun. And if you or your kid can dress up as one of their favorite foods for their halloween costume party…well, that’s going to just make their day.
Use these fun food item costume ideas to come up with the best couples costume or kids costume that’s going to suit you, seriously. I mean, you could make hot dogs and french fry for a whole family costume set or wine and cheese for mom and dad with some ice cream for the kids. Let your imagination run wild!
If you need more inspiration, be sure to check out my DIY Halloween Costumes I pulled together. Not only will they be fun to wear trick-or-treating, but they’re all a blast to make.
Alright, if you’re ready to check out all these hilariously fun food and drink costumes that are good enough to eat, let’s get your halloween parties popping!
Tips for How to Make Food Halloween Costumes
- Start with your favorite food idea. If you want to, actually look at the package and see how it’s constructed. The food is really going to inform your costume, if you want it to look real.
- Use felt or fleece–that way you don’t have to worry about sewing hems and all that. Just go easy on yourself, seriously. You don’t want to be worried about your costume unraveling while you’re trick or treating.
- To add structural elements to halloween costumes, I like to make a base of recycled cardboard and then I don’t have to worry about wires or the costume flopping over or anything like that.
- Don’t feel like every little thing has to be perfect. Seriously. Halloween costumes are meant for fun and good times, not some contest (even costume contests are supposed to be fun).
- Make sure your costume is breathable. Super hot is not a good time on halloween.
20 Food Costumes Everyone Will Love
More DIY Halloween Costume Ideas You’ll Love
- 23 Cool Tween and Teen Costumes – If you’ve got an older kiddo, this might be the year you break out the “cool” costumes for them.
- 25 Halloween Costumes for Babies and Toddlers – Want all the awwww’s and ooooh’s you can handle? Check out these adorable costume ideas for babies!
- DIY Snail Costume – Escargot anyone?! I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it.
- Cardboard Penguin Costume– make this one using leftover Amazon boxes.