Do you make your own icing for sweets and treats?
I love making my own icing and it is so easy! Your recipe dreams seriously come true when you make your own! It is so much tastier than store bought and making your own icing recipe is very inexpensive. You can even freeze the leftovers! Don’t mess with that store bought stuff when making your own is done in no time!
On tip of that, the possibilities are truly endless when it comes to frosting and icing. You will be amazed at the different flavors beyond just chocolate and vanilla.
25 Homemade Icing Recipes
1. This Chocolate Buttercream Icing is seriously so amazing and makes fora great topper on cupcakes or cake! Crystal & Co
2. Not a chocolate fan then use this Homemade Buttercream Icing for all of your desserts and its so easy! Crystal & Co
3. If you have littles in your house this Cookie Monster Icing is a perfect sweet topping. Capturing Joy
4. You can use this Old Fashioned Caramel Icing on your favorite cookies, bars, and cakes! Little House Living
5. This Best Homemade Milk Chocolate Frosting is even good as a chocolate dip. Sew Licious Home Decor
6. Use this White Glaze Icing for cinnamon rolls or other pastries and yummy treats! Food.com
7. This Fluffy Brown Sugar Icing is so yummy it like a thicker version or caramel topping. I Wash You Dry
8. This Cotton Candy Cloud Frosting is perfect and so yummy like a marshmallow topping. Confessions of A Cookbook Queen
9. If you would rather Cream Cheese Frosting instead of buttercream this one is so delicious. Five Heart Home
10. Check out this Vanilla Bean Buttercream Icing that tastes just like the melted ice cream! The Cupcake Project
11. Change things up with icing and try this Cookie Dough Topping that will make any cupcake wonderful. The Cupcake Project
12. This Royal Icing Recipe is perfect for dessert projects and of course just about any treat you want to eat! I Wash You Dry
13. Oh my who wouldn’t love this Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting that is absolutely divine even on lemon cupcakes! Averie Cooks
14. This Pineapple Frosting is so light and fluffy and even includes pineapple juice and pudding mix in the recipe. Mandie’s Recipe Box
15. Nothing says a fruit flavor like this Fresh Cherry Frosting made from real fresh cherries. Taste and Tell
16. Your kiddos will love this Funfetti Oreo Surprise that can work as a frosting for just about any goodie you make. In Katrina’s Kitchen
17. If you are a cookie fan this Cookies and Cream Frosting is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth! Center Cut Cook
18. This Pumpkin Spice Frosting is so amazing right onto up your best sugar cookie recipe to change things up. Crazy For Crust
19. Want a different texture but a quick recipe? Try this Instant Pudding Mix Frosting for your desserts. Call Me Pmc
20. Oh my! This Cinnamon Roll Frosting is a perfect addition to a homemade recipe or dessert. Oh, Sweet Basil
21. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting is simply irresistible especially when paired with this handy dessert recipe! Sally’s Baking Addiction
22. My kids love Nutella and this Nutella Frosting has the best hazelnut flavor! Inside Bru Crew Life
23. Make this Banana Frosting as a lighter flair for any banana recipe you may have on hand. The Domestic Rebel
24. This Cool Whip Frosting is super light and fluffy and great for so many tasty recipes. The Domestic Rebel
25. Yum! This Peanut Butter Frosting is salty addition to your cupcakes or cakes! Center Cut Cook
Do you have a fantastic homemade icing recipe? Share your favorites!