There were a few things that intrigued me about essential oils before I started using them.
One thing was the fact that I could make things at home that were natural and free of harsh chemical using oils. These household items would be better for us less expensive. (These are the therapeutic grade essential oils I use.)
My kids have horrible sleeping issues- they pretty much always have. My husband suffers from insomnia and my kids do too at some level. Every last one of them are night owls. This is all hereditary, I believe. My mother-in-law has sleeping issues as well.
Me? When my head hits the pillow I am out. I have always been this way.
I knew that lavender was one of the most versatile essential oils on the market. I knew it could help me get my kids into a better sleeping routine.
Here are 10 of my favorite lavender oil uses. Obviously, the list goes on and on.
10 Lavender Oil Uses
- Can’t Sleep– add a few drops to the bottoms of feet and/or diffuse it and you are sure to sleep well. I have been adding it to my kids’ feet and we’re seeing sleeping improvements. It is such a calming oil.
- Sneezing and Stuffy– rub some lavender on the soles of your feet. You can also diffuse it or digest it to help with allergies and asthma. Put 1-2 drops of lavender oil in the palm of your hand and rub your hands together. Then rub your hands on your face, neck and any part of our body that is not covered by clothing. You can also put 2-4 drops in a 00 capsule up to two times a day.
- Sunburn– last week I was out in the sun all week long working the voting polls with my husband. Day two I forgot to put sunscreen on my neck and I burned pretty badly. I can home and put lavender oil on it. It soothed my skin, I did not peel and there was no more discomfort. (Use our homemade natural sunscreen to prevent sunburn.)
- Fabric Softener– add a few drops to a wet rag and pop it in the dryer with your clothes.
- Diaper Rash– here is a homemade diaper rash cream I made! Two ingredients.
- Linen Spray– add 20 drops of lavender oil to 4 oz of purified water and spray on your sheets. I am making some of this!
- Relaxing– stressful day? Diffuse lavender. It smells so good and is very relaxing and calming. Here is one of my favorite diffusers.
- Cuts– you can put a drop of lavender right on a cut and it will disinfect and clean.
- Bug Bites– place lavender oil directly on a bug bite or sting (hello, mosquito bites) and it will take down the swelling.
- Super Dry Skin– here is my homemade eczema cream that I use on my youngest boy.
Here is where you can buy essential oils online. I get all of mine from Young Living.
How to Use Essential Oils
Oils can be used three different ways:
- Topical- apply oil directly to desired area or use Vita Flex (foot) points
- Aromatic– inhale directly or use an ultrasonic diffuser (You get a Young Living diffuser when you purchase the wholesale kit. I also like this diffuser.)
- Dietary– in vegetable based capsules, in water or in food. (I add lemon to my water regularly and cook with oils often.)
Buy Essential Oils Online
I love that Young Living Oils are all therapeutic grade and they own all of their farms.
They follow the process from seed to seal. There are never any synthetics are perfumes in their oils- ever.
This oil does come in your premium essential oil starter kit which also allows you to purchase oils at a wholesale price. You can read more about it here.
MORE HOMEMADE TUTORIALS
Here are more awesome ways to use essential oils in your home and more educational information so that you know the amazing goodness of oils.