Do you love the taste of cookie dough, but not the raw eggs? Then these Overnight Cookie Dough Oats are for you! Made with rolled oats, milk, nut butter, and a few other simple ingredients, these oats will give you all the flavor of cookie dough without the risk. Just mix everything together before bed and enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast in the morning!
Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas are a godsend for busy mornings. Whether you’re prepping for a week of hectic mornings or just looking for an easy recipe to make ahead and grab on the go, these Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes have you covered.
From oatmeal and overnight oats to quiche and breakfast burritos, there’s something for everyone. And the best part is that they can all be made ahead of time, so you can enjoy a stress-free breakfast every morning. So go ahead and give them a try – your mornings will thank you!
What You Need to Make this Overnight Oats Recipe:
- Old-Fashioned Oats– Old-Fashioned Oats are perfect for overnight oats because they absorb liquid well and become soft and creamy. When making overnight oats, be sure to use Old-Fashioned Oats for the best texture and flavor.
- Chia Seeds– Chia seeds are a popular add-in for overnight oats because they are packed with nutrients and offer a variety of health benefits. When soaked in liquid, chia seeds expand and create a gel-like consistency, which helps to thicken overnight oats and add creaminess.
- Almond Milk– Almond milk is a great option for overnight oats because it is low in calories and fat while still providing plenty of flavor. In addition, almond milk is a good source of calcium and vitamin E, which are both important nutrients for bone health.
- Honey– Honey is a great addition to overnight oats because it adds sweetness without being over powering. Plus, honey is a natural source of energy, which makes it perfect for starting your day.
- Creamy Peanut Butter– Peanut Butter adds a creamy texture to the oats and a delicious nutty flavor. Plus, it’s a good source of protein and Healthy fats, which will help to keep you feeling full longer.
- Dark Chocolate Chips– These are a great option for those who want a bit of sweetness in their overnight oats. The chocolate chips will melt overnight, creating a rich and decadent flavor that’s sure to please. And because dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants, you’ll be getting an extra boost of nutrients with every bite.
Supplies You Can Get from Amazon:
Premium Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids (Set of 5) Nesting Bowls for Space-Saving Storage, Easy-Grip & Stability Design Mixing-Bowl Set Versatile For Cooking, Baking, & Food StorageMason Jars Regular Mouth – 8 oz Clear Glass Jars with Silver Metal Lids for Sealing, Food Storage, Overnight Oats, Jelly, Dry Food, Jam,DIY Magnetic Spice Jars, 6 PackBob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 2 Pound (Pack of 1)Bob’s Red Mill Organic Chia Seeds, 12 Oz, (us)Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Organic, Raw & Unfiltered. Squeeze Bottle; Allnatural Sweetener, USDA Certified Organic, No Additives, Honey, 32 OzGHIRARDELLI 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Premium Baking Chips, 10 OZ Bag (6 Bags)Santa Cruz Organic Creamy Light Roasted Peanut Butter, 16 Ounces
What Kind of Oats Can You Use for Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are a super easy and convenient breakfast option. You can make them ahead of time and have them ready to grab and go in the morning. All you need is a jar and some oats. But what kind of oats should you use?
There are three main types of oats: quick oats, rolled oats, and steel cut oats.
Quick oats are the most processed type of oat and they will cook the quickest.
Rolled oats are slightly less processed and will take a bit longer to cook.
Steel cut oats are the least processed type of oat and they will take the longest to cook.
For overnight oats, you want to use rolled oats. They have just the right amount of texture – not too soft and not too chewy. Quick oats will get too mushy overnight, while steel cut oats will still be too hard in the morning.
So, next time you’re making overnight oats, reach for the rolled oats!
Are Chia Seeds Necessary for Overnight Oats?
Many recipes also call for adding chia seeds to overnight oats. While these little seeds may seem optional, they actually offer a number of benefits. First, chia seeds help to thicken the oats and give them a Creamier texture. Additionally, chia seeds are packed with nutrients like fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
As a result, they can help to keep you fuller longer and provide lasting energy throughout the morning. So if you’re looking for an easy way to make overnight oats even healthier, be sure to add a few tablespoons of chia seeds to your next batch.
Are You Supposed to Warm Up Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are meant to be eaten cold, right out of the fridge. However, if you prefer your oats warm, you can definitely heat them up. Just pop them in the microwave for a minute or so, and they’ll be nice and warm when you’re ready to eat them. So whether you like your overnight oats hot or cold, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this tasty breakfast option.
Delicious Cookie Dough Finds on Amazon!
Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip No-Bake Bites, 12.2 ozNoBaked Cookie Dough – Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Meant to be Eaten Raw with a Soft & Smooth Consistency and No Bitterness that’s Great as a Delicious Sweet Snack or Dessert – 16 oz (2 Pack)Nuts ‘N More Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Powder, All Natural Keto Snack, Low Carb, Low Sugar, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, High Protein Flavored Nut Butter (9 oz Jar)Nuts ‘N More Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Spread, Added Protein All Natural Snack, Low Carb, Low Sugar, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, High Protein Flavored Nut Butter (15 oz Jar)Larabar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Gluten Free Fruit & Nut Bars, 18 ct
More Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Mediterranean Recipe: Breakfast Sandwich
- The Most Amazing Breakfast Pie Recipe Ever
- Easy Breakfast Idea
Delicious Oatmeal Recipes Like This!
- Baked Strawberry Oatmeal
- Crockpot Oatmeal
- Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe
- Banana Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2 Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Dark Chocolate Chips, divided
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, chia seeds and almond milk.
- Add honey and peanut butter. Mix until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Next, fold in ¼ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into an airtight container and allow to set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve in individual cups and top off with remaining 1 tbsp of chocolate chips.