Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and easy meal to make for the whole family? Look no further than this hearty Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole Recipe! This simple casserole is packed with flavors of lean ground beef, black beans, corn, and tater tots. Just pop it in the oven and get your forks ready – dinner is served! Get ready to enjoy a delicious, filling dish that’s sure to please everyone. Bon Appetit!
If you’re a meat lover like me, then you’re always on the hunt for new and exciting Beef Recipes. From classic steaks and burgers to savory stews and roasts, there are so many delicious ways to enjoy this juicy and flavorful protein. Whether you prefer your beef rare or well-done, there’s no denying its versatility in the kitchen. So if you’re looking to switch up your dinner routine, why not give one of these tasty beef recipes a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
Delicious Beef Recipes You Have to Make!
- Beef Recipes: Southwest Breakfast Casserole
- Indiana Chowder (Ground Beef and Noodles Recipe)
- Taco Bake Recipe
- Easy Recipes: Beefy Mexican Rice (A Family Recipe)
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this amazing recipe!
- Frozen Tater Tots– When it comes to whipping up a delicious Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole, the type of frozen Tater Tots you choose can make all the difference. Some argue that the classic crispy Tater Tots are the way to go to add that perfect satisfying crunch to the recipe. Others swear by the seasoned Tater Tots with added spices for an extra burst of flavor in every delicious bite.
- Olive Oil– If you’re looking for a healthier option when it comes to sautéing beef, olive oil is the perfect choice. Not only does it add a rich flavor to your Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole, but it’s also a healthier alternative to other oils. The high level of monounsaturated fats found in olive oil can help lower bad cholesterol and decrease the risk for heart disease.
- Onion– If you’ve ever had a Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole, then you know that onion is the unsung hero of the recipe. Not only does it add a burst of flavor, but it also adds texture and depth to the dish. And let’s be real, who doesn’t love the sweet, aromatic smell of sautéed onion?
- Garlic– Garlic happens to be one of those super ingredients that can elevate any dish to a whole new level. In this particular recipe, garlic adds a depth of flavor that complements the savory tater tots and enchilada sauce so perfectly. It adds just a hint of sweet and earthy notes to the overall dish, making it irresistible.
- Lean Ground Beef– Not only is it a healthier option, but it also adds a rich flavor to the casserole. The ground beef perfectly blends with the enchilada sauce and the tater tots, creating a delicious and satisfying dish. Plus, since the ground beef is lean, it doesn’t create a greasy texture that can sometimes be an issue in casseroles.
- Taco Seasoning– But what makes this dish truly crave-worthy is the addition of taco seasoning. Something about the blend of Mexican-inspired spices just works perfectly with the crispy tater tots and gooey cheese. It’s that little extra kick of flavor that takes this casserole from good to downright amazing.
- Black Beans– These tiny legumes, packed with fiber and protein, not only add a delicious texture to the casserole but also give it a healthy twist. Not to mention, black beans have a unique earthy flavor that pairs exceptionally well with Mexican spices and cheesy goodness of the casserole.
- Frozen Corn– Not only does the sweetness of the corn balance out the spice in the enchilada sauce, but its texture adds a nice contrast to the crispy tater tots and melty cheese. Plus, using frozen corn means you don’t have to spend time shucking, slicing, or cooking fresh corn, making this recipe even easier to whip up on a weeknight.
- Diced Green Chiles– These little green guys pack a flavorful punch and add a subtle hint of heat that perfectly complements the hearty tots and gooey cheese in this dish. And let’s not forget the nutritional benefits – green chiles are a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- Red Enchilada Sauce– Red enchilada sauce is one of those ingredients that can make any dish go from bland to amazing in seconds. But when it comes to Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole, it’s more than just a flavor enhancer, it’s a game-changer. The richness of the sauce combined with the savory tater tots creates a dish that is both comforting and exciting. Plus, let’s not forget the zing of those spices that makes you feel like you’re eating in a fancy Mexican restaurant – but without the price tag.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese– The secret ingredient that takes this dish to a whole new level has got to be the shredded cheddar cheese. I mean, what’s not to love about melted, gooey cheese on top of crispy tater tots and flavorful enchilada sauce? The sharpness of the cheddar adds just the right amount of tanginess to the dish that cuts through the richness of the other ingredients.
Cooking Essentials at Amazon
Cuisinart 12-Inch Skillet, Nonstick-Hard-Anodized with Glass Cover, 622-30GKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, Pistachio, 3.5 quartsPyrex Deep 9×13-Inch Glass Baking Dish with Lid, Deep Casserole Dish, Glass Food Container, Oven, Freezer and Microwave Safe, Clear ContainerOXO Good Grips Small Silicone Flexible Turner BlackCooptop Silicone Spatula Set – Rubber Spatula – 600°F Heat Resistant Baking Spoon & Spatulas(Dark Grey)Cooptop Pack of 2 Silicone Spatula Set – Non Stick Silicone Slotted Turner and Solid Turner – 600°F Heat Resistant Cooking Utensils (Grey Blue)
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
What Goes with Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole as a Meal?
When it comes to comfort food, tater tot enchilada casserole is at the top of the list. But let’s face it, sometimes you need a little something extra to make it a complete meal. Luckily, there are many options that complement this dish perfectly. If you’re feeling like a classic side, try garlic mashed potatoes or buttered corn.
If you’re looking for something a bit healthier, a mixed green salad with ranch dressing is always a great choice. And if you’re feeling like getting creative in the kitchen, why not whip up some homemade garlic bread or roasted vegetables?
Can You Make Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! One of the best things about making a Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole is that you can prepare it ahead of time. That way, when it’s time to eat, all you have to do is pop it in the oven and wait for it to cook through.
This is perfect for those busy weeknights when you just don’t have the time or energy to cook a meal from scratch. Plus, making the casserole ahead of time can actually enhance the flavors and make it even more delicious.
So go ahead and plan out your week, prep your ingredients, and make your Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole ahead of time for an easy and tasty dinner.
How Long Does the Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole Last Once Its Cooked?
So you’ve made a big batch of tater tot enchilada casserole and can’t possibly eat it all in one sitting. Well, fear not! The good news is that this delicious dish can last for up to five days in the fridge when properly stored in an airtight container. That means you can enjoy the leftovers for lunch or dinner throughout the week.
However, if you still can’t finish it all in five days, you can always freeze it for later. Simply divide it into individual containers or sealable bags and it can last for up to three months in the freezer. Now you can enjoy this tasty casserole even when you’re short on time.
Casserole Essentials at Amazon
MICHELANGELO 3.5 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Braiser Pan with Lid, Cast Iron Casserole with Lid, Covered Casserole Cast Iron Enameled Cookware with Silicone Accessories, Oven Safe Braiser-Sky BlueVera Bradley Women’s Cotton Heat Resistant Casserole Carrier, Java Navy Camo – Recycled Cotton, One SizeSWEEJAR Ceramic Bakeware Set, Rectangular Baking Dish Lasagna Pans for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use, 11.8 x 7.8 x 2.75 Inches of Casserole Dishes (Yellow)8-Piece Deep Glass Baking Dish Set with Plastic lids,Rectangular Glass Bakeware Set with BPA Free Lids, Baking Pans for Lasagna, Leftovers, Cooking, Kitchen, Freezer-to-Oven and Dishwasher, GrayInsulated Expandable Double Casserole Carrier and Lasagna Holder for Picnic Potluck Beach Day Trip Camping Hiking – Hot and Cold Thermal Bag in Gray – Tote can hold 11 x 15 or 9 x 13 baking dishSuperior Glass Casserole Dish with lid – 2-Piece Glass Bakeware And Glass Food-Storage Set – 100% Leakproof Casserole Dish set with Hinged BPA-Free Locking lids – Freezer-to-Oven-Safe Baking-Dish Set.
You’ll Love These Other Enchilada Recipes
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Biscuits
- Pork Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole Recipe
This hearty and easy tater tot enchilada casserole will be a hit with the whole family! It's packed with frozen tater tots, lean ground beef, black beans, corn and more.
- 32 Ounce Bag Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Ounce Package Taco Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Water
- 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 Ounces Frozen Corn, no need to thaw
- 4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chiles
- 10 Ounce Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese, divided
- Toppings: sour cream, sliced avocado, chopped tomato, cilantro, chives, salsa, peppers, chopped black olives, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble the ground beef into the skillet, Add the onions and the garlic and sauté, stirring often, until completely browned. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the meat and stir well. Simmer over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef mixture, black beans, corn, green chiles, enchilada sauce and tater tots. Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese and stir well.
- Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the enchilada filling mixture into the dish. Top the casserole with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375F. Bake the casserole uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling around the edges.
- Cool the casserole slightly, then serve with the toppings of your choice.
Fun twist on enchiladas!