Have you been looking for an easy recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth this fall? Look no further! Our Candy Corn Cookie Bars Recipe is the perfect way to welcome in the season. With ingredients like unsalted butter, cream cheese, and of course, candy corn, these delicious treats are sure to become a new favorite in your household. So roll up your sleeves and get ready to whip up a batch of these delectable cookie bars. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you! So let’s jump right into the recipe for these mouthwatering candy corn cookie bars. We promise they’re worth every bite.
Dessert Recipes are the perfect way to add a sweet and indulgent touch to any meal. Whether you’re baking a classic chocolate cake or trying out a new fruity pie recipe, desserts have a magical quality that can instantly lighten the mood and put a smile on everyone’s face. From rich and creamy cheesecakes to light and fluffy mousse, there is a dessert recipe out there for every occasion and taste. With so many different flavors and techniques to experiment with, dessert recipes offer endless possibilities for creative expression in the kitchen.
Decadent Dessert Recipes
Indulge in the sweetest of treats with decadent dessert recipes that will leave your taste buds satisfied and your cravings fulfilled. Whether you are in the mood for a rich chocolatey delight or a creamy fruity parfait, there is a dessert recipe for every occasion that will leave your guests in awe.
Ingredients Needed for this Candy Corn Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these delicious cookie bars!
- Unsalted Butter– Unsalted butter perfectly complements the sugary goodness of candy corn and enhances the rich, buttery taste of the cookie base. With unsalted butter, every bite is a perfect blend of sweet and savory, making these candy corn cookie bars an irresistible treat that will leave you wanting more.
- Cream Cheese– Cream Cheese has a smooth and tangy taste that complements the sweetness of the candy corn. Incorporating cream cheese to these cookie bars results in a creamier and richer texture, making them irresistible. Its versatility allows it to be used in many desserts and baked goods, but the combination with candy corn and cookie bars is a match made in heaven.
- Sugar– Sugar adds that crispy golden texture to the cookie base, and that perfect amount of sweetness that melts in your mouth with each bite. Not only does it enhance the overall taste of the cookie bar, but it also balances out the rich creaminess of the candy corn. Without sugar, Candy Corn Cookie Bars just wouldn’t be complete.
- Eggs– Eggs provide structure, leavening, richness, and flavor to baked goods. They act as a binding agent, holding everything together and giving a soft and moist texture to the cookie bars. Furthermore, eggs have a unique ability to trap air, which contributes to the rising and lightening of the bars.
- Vanilla Extract–The vanilla extract brings a warm, comforting aroma to the bars while adding a hint of depth and complexity to the taste. Without it, the cookie bars might taste too flat or one-dimensional.
- Unbleached Flour– This type of flour is known for its higher nutritional value, as it retains more of the wheat’s natural bran and germ. Not only does this result in a healthier treat overall, but it also gives the cookie bars a unique and nutty flavor.
- Baking Powder–This essential leavening agent helps the cookie bars rise and become light and fluffy, while also providing a subtle tanginess that balances out the sweetness of the candy corn. Without baking powder, the cookie bars would be dense and heavy, lacking the beloved texture and flavor we all crave.
- Salt–Salt enhances the sweetness with a subtle savory note, making each bite more complex and enjoyable. It’s amazing how just a pinch of salt can transform a simple recipe into a deliciously complex treat.
- Candy Corn– Not only does the colorful corn add a festive touch to the bars, but its creamy sweetness is the perfect compliment to the buttery cookie dough. One bite and you’ll understand why these bars have become a fan favorite. The burst of flavor and texture from the candy corn creates a deliciously satisfying snack, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth during the spooky season.
- Powdered Sugar– This fine and fluffy sugar, which is also known as confectioners’ sugar, easily dissolves into the frosting mixture creating a smooth and creamy consistency that allows the candy corn flavor to really shine. Powdered sugar also helps to thicken the frosting, making it the perfect texture for spreading evenly over the cookie bars.
Baking Accessories at Amazon
Baking is not just about mixing ingredients and heating them up. It’s an art, a form of self-expression, and the right baking accessories can elevate your creations to new heights. Amazon has a vast collection of baking accessories that are sure to get anyone excited about being in the kitchen.
OXO Good Grips Small Silicone Flexible Turner BlackMulticolor Silicone Spatula Set – 446°F Heat Resistant Rubber Spatulas for Cooking,Baking,Mixing.One Piece Design with Stainless Steel Core.Nonstick Cookware friendly,BPA-Free,Dishwasher SafeFarberware Nonstick Bakeware Baking Pan / Nonstick Cake Pan, Rectangle – 9 Inch x 13 Inch, GrayTILUCK Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons Set, Cups and Spoons,Kitchen Gadgets for Cooking & BakingCuisinart Mixing Bowl Set, Stainless Steel, 3-Piece, CTG-00-SMBOXO Good Grips Wooden Small Spoon,Brown
What’s the History of Candy Corn?
Candy corn may be a staple Halloween treat nowadays, but did you know that its history dates back over 130 years? The popular confection was invented by George Renninger of the Wunderlee Candy Company in Philadelphia in the 1880s. Originally called “chicken feed,” candy corn was meant to look like kernels of corn to appeal to the agrarian sensibilities of the time.
It was soon produced by the Goelitz Confectionery Company, which later went on to become the Jelly Belly Candy Company. Despite facing backlash from those who deemed candy corn a “misshapen circus peanut,” the candy persevered and has been a beloved fall treat for generations. Whether you love it or hate it, you can’t deny that candy corn has a rich and fascinating history.
How Long Do Candy Corn Cookie Bars Last?
If you’re a fan of candy corn and baking, then you’re in for a treat with candy corn cookie bars! But how long do they last? Well, that depends on how you store them.
If you keep them in an airtight container at room temperature, they should last for up to 5 days. However, if you refrigerate them, they can last up to a week.
Of course, if you have the willpower to resist their sweet and crumbly goodness, you may be able to make them last even longer. But who are we kidding? These treats are too delicious to resist!
Can You Freeze Candy Corn Cookie Bars?
Are you a candy corn lover? These tasty little candies are the quintessential symbol of fall and Halloween. But what happens when you mix candy corn and cookie dough together to create candy corn cookie bars? Can you freeze them for later consumption? The answer is yes!
Freezing candy corn cookie bars is a great way to make sure you always have a sweet treat on hand. Simply wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
When you’re ready to enjoy, simply let them thaw at room temperature for a few minutes and sink your teeth into the deliciousness that is a candy corn cookie bar.
Halloween Decor at Amazon
Get ready to spook up your home this Halloween with the perfect range of decorations from Amazon. From eerie skeletons to creepy cobwebs, there’s no limit to the frightful possibilities that will give your home the ultimate Halloween makeover.
Halloween Black Cat Decor On White Moon Stained Glass Window Hanging Suncatcher for Windows Panels Sun Catcher Halloween Ornament Decoration Memorial Gift Cat for Lover Cat LossBeeager 5 Pack Halloween Spider Decorations Sets -Halloween Fireplace Mantel Scarf & Round Table Cover & Lace Table Runner & Cobweb Lampshade & 60 pcs Scary 3D Bat for Halloween Party Decors (1) (1)Juegoal 2 Pack Halloween Garden Stakes, Stacked Metal Pumpkins Jack-o-Lantern Lawn Decor, Yard Signs Stake Outdoor Decorative Pumpkin Home Lawn Pathway Driveway DecorationsCute Ghost Halloween Decorations Indoor, Wooden Tiered Tray Decor Table Sign, Black Cat Bat Witch Broom Signs Pumpkin Blocks for Party Home Shelf Display (Set of 3)JXZYGMD Halloween Pillow Cover 12×20 Ghost Halloween Lumbar Pillow Covers Decorations Outdoor Halloween Pillows Decorative for Halloween Home Decor for SofaFOFARY Halloween Bathroom Rugs Spider Webs Round Bath Mats Non Slip Black Gothic Bathroom Decor Horror Washable Rugs for Shower Tub Entryway Kitchen 28
Festive Fall Cookies and Bars
As Halloween approaches, there’s no better way to get in the spooky spirit than by baking up some festive treats. Festive Halloween cookies and bars are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while embracing the holiday spirit.
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Brownies
- Festive and Sweet Candy Corn Cookie Brownie Bars
- Gooey Brownie Cake Bars
- Halloween Decorated Brownies
Sweet Treats and Desserts for Fall
Love this time of year and all the baking? Our 30 Fall Dessert eCookbook is an instant download. Download it and begin making these pumpkin, apple and chocolate recipes now!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened, not melted
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs + 1 Egg White
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Cups Unbleached Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper, trust me) and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, sugar and cream cheese.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet in 1/3 increments, stirring well between each increment.
- Fold in candy corn.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 – 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookie bars to cool completely (they’ll fall apart if you don’t, but also, if you sneak juuuuust one and serve it to yourself with a scoop of ice cream, I’m not telling).
- While the cookie bars are cooling, go ahead and make the frosting.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Once the cookie bars are completely cooled, spread over the cookie bars evenly.
- Sprinkle some additional candy corn over the top and cut into squares or bars.