Chicken is a staple that we keep a stock pile of in the freezer. We eat at lot of breasts but I also like to buy thighs. From time to time I will even buy a whole chicken.
Cheap chicken recipes for a large family is something I constantly seem to be searching for when I mean plan for my crowd of boys each week.
If you know me you know that I don’t like to babysit meals, and I LOVE easy! Getting dinner on the table can be such a chore sometimes and feeding a crowd only makes things even more complicated especially when you are trying to stick to a budget.
Here is some inspiration to make dinner happen easy at your house for feeding a crowd! And your grocery budget will thank you!
Cheap Chicken Recipes for a Large Family
1. Crockpot Chicken and Noodles is the ultimate comfort food! Crystal & Co
2. Easy Aloha Chicken is a great sweet twist that is better than takeout! Living Well Mom
3. Want quick and easy? Check out this version of Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Oh so good! Crystal & Co
4. Nothing beats easy cheesy Chicken and Rice! A Mindfull Mom
5. Fix up your own Rotisserie Chicken with this simple crockpot how-to. Crystal & Co
6. With just a little prep your family will LOVE this recipe for French Onion Chicken Casserole. Lil’ Luna
7. Chicken Potato Casserole is a tasty and super thrifty meal certain to please a crowd! Crystal & Co
8. Your family will want this Cracked out Chicken Tater Tot Casserole all the time! Plain Chicken
9. Try out this Chicken & Sweet Potatoes in the crockpot that has amazing flavors! Crystal & Co
10. Dinner doesn’t get any easier than Buffalo Chicken Sliders that go a long way! A Flavor Journal
11. Loaded Chicken Potato Casserole is seriously delicious and filled with flavor. Singing Through the Rain
12. Whip up some Honey Garlic Chicken that is easy to assemble and better than take out! Gimme Delicious
13. Use up all the summer veggies with this Chicken and Summer Squash that is wonderful. Crystal & Co
14. Chicken Pot Pie is a classic family dish that will feed a crowd! We double this at our house. Crystal & Co
15. Warm up to some Chicken Enchilada Soup packed with Tex-Mex flavors and done up in the crockpot! Cucina de Yung
16. These scrumptious Smothered Chicken Burritos are restaurant style without the added calories. Carlsbad Cravings
17. Make Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos that has an awesome twist on Taco Tuesday! Crystal & Co
18. Loaded with fresh veggies and spice this Chicken Fajita Casserole is drool worthy. Kevin & Amanda
19. This Chicken Tetrazzini is one creamy dish with rave reviews! Lil’ Luna
20. Don’t call out for takeout, make this Sesame Chicken that is totally crowd pleasing! Cooking Classy
21. Baked White Spaghetti with chicken will take you back to childhood. So creamy and delicious! Crystal & Co
22. Throw this Crockpot BBQ Chicken on a bun, salad, or potato for a simple dish with a punch! Carlsbad Cravings
23. Check out this Chicken Parmesan Casserole that is a quick Italian dish and you can freeze it for later too! Thriving Home
24. Make Chicken and Dressing Casserole that will make you think of Thanksgiving. South Your Mouth
25.Whip up Black Bean Chicken Bowls in no time with this tasty recipe done up in the Instant Pot. Crystal & Co
26. You just can’t go wrong with Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas that have perfect Mexican flair! Thriving Home
27. This recipe for Chicken Alfredo is a thrifty meal that you can add veggies to too! Crystal & Co
28. These Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas are just right for a crowd! The Cookie Rookie
29. Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is absolutely divine and stretches a long way. That Skinny Chick Can Bake
30. Throw together this recipe for Chicken and Wild Rice Soup that is unbelievably easy! Coupon Cravings
What is your favorite way to cook chicken when you’re on a budget?
No matter the size of your family, if you need help getting dinner on the table join our Facebook group where we share our dinner ideas and hold each other accountable.
Make Ahead Meals
Have you ever given freezer meal planning a try? It has changed my life in the kitchen! Check out our six weeks of freezer meals. You get the recipes, assembly instructions and grocery lists all broken down week by week. I think you will love them!