Looking for a fun and easy craft project to do with the kids? Look no further than this Eagle Craft! With just a few supplies, you can create an adorable eagle that your little ones will be proud to show off. All you need is some wooden spoons, acrylic paint, wiggle eyes, permanent marker, foam, glue gun and sticks, a paint brush, scissors and a pattern. Follow our tutorial for all the steps on how to make your own beautiful eagle! Get creative and have fun – your Eagle Craft will be ready in no time!
Are you looking for Activities for Kids to keep your little ones entertained and happy? There are so many fun and creative activities you can do with kids! Whether it’s crafting, baking, playing board games, or simply dancing around the living room, there’s nothing quite like quality time spent with your little ones. So why not put on some music and have a family dance party? Or try making some homemade pizzas together? The options are endless, and the memories you’ll create are priceless. So go ahead, roll up your sleeves, and have some fun with your kiddos!
Entertaining Activities for Kids
When it comes to finding fun activities for kids, there are so many options out there to choose from! You could plan a picnic in the park, go on a bike ride, or even have a game night at home. Maybe your little ones are into dancing or karaoke, or perhaps they prefer to get creative with some arts and crafts.
- How to Make Homemade Clay for Kids
- Homemade Watercolors for Kids
- Summer Activities for Kids: Love Bug Rocks
- P is for Penguin Crafts and Activities for Kids
Items Needed to Make this Fun Eagle Activity
Here’s what you need to make this easy craft!
- Wooden Spoon– When it comes to crafting an eagle out of wood, the type of spoon you use is critical. You’ll want to go for a sturdy wooden spoon that won’t break easily. Also, make sure the spoon has a smooth and flat surface to work with. The Eagle Craft requires shape-shifting of the spoon’s curvature, so it’s important to have a spoon that can take that kind of twist and still stay intact.
- Acrylic Craft Paint– Acrylic craft paint is not only versatile but also efficient when it comes to crafting. This couldn’t be truer for the Eagle Craft we’re discussing today. The beauty of acrylic paint is that it bonds well to most surfaces, including wood, metal, and even glass. Plus, its fast-drying properties make it ideal for those impatient crafters.
- Wiggle Eyes– These little plastic eyes have a mesmerizing effect and bring life to any craft project. By adding them to your eagle creation, you can give your bird a similar intense, animated stare. Plus, wiggle eyes are so much fun to play with and add an element of whimsy to your craft.
- Permanent Black Marker– The black marker creates a crisp outline that won’t smudge or blend into the surrounding materials. Plus, it can stand up to wear and tear, so your project will look beautiful for years to come.
- Craft Foam– Craft foam is definitely the way to go. Not only is it affordable and accessible, but it’s also super versatile. You can easily cut, shape, and glue it to create all sorts of eagle body parts – from the wings to the beak to the talons. Plus, craft foam is lightweight, making it perfect for little ones to handle and work with.
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks– For starters, glue guns provide a quick and easy way to apply glue precisely where you need it. Plus, glue sticks dry quickly and provide a strong bond, ensuring that your craft stays securely in place.
- Paintbrush– With its thin bristles, a paintbrush allows for precise and controlled strokes, making it easier to paint intricate details like the eagle’s feathers without making a mess. Plus, it’s reusable and easy to clean, so you can use it for other crafts in the future.
- Scissors– For this eagle craft, a good pair of scissors are necessary to help create the intricate details and shapes that give the majestic bird its characteristic features.
- Eagle Pattern– The pattern acts as a guide for the crafter, instructing them on which pieces to cut, how to assemble them, and most importantly, how to create the eagle’s signature features such as its sharp beak, piercing eyes, and impressive feathers.
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO DOWNLOAD THE TEMPLATE!
Craft Essentials at Amazon
Are you a craft enthusiast? Do you spend most of your free time creating beautiful works of art? Then, you’ll be excited to know that Amazon has the ultimate collection of craft essentials that will take your creations to the next level. From high-quality paints, brushes and canvases to cutting-edge cutting machines, sewing machines and knitting sets, Amazon has everything you need to unleash your creativity.
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set, PROMOTCK 18 (2 fl oz/59 ml) Assorted Matte Finish Colors For Painting, Drawing & Art Supplies, DIY Arts And Crafts Acrylic Paint For Kids And AdultsCaliart Acrylic Paint Set With 12 Brushes, 24 Colors (59ml, 2oz) Art Craft Paints Gifts for Artists Kids Beginners & Painters, Easter Basket Stuffers Pumpkin Canvas Ceramic Rock Painting Supplies KitPaint Brushes Set,10 Pack Nylon Hair Paint Brushes for Acrylic Painting, Craft Paint Brushes, Watercolor and Oil Brushes, Blackuxcell Brown Glitter EVA Foam Sheets 11 x 8 Inch 2mm Thick for Crafts DIY Projects 12 PcsSharpie Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Black Ink (4-Pack)Hot Glue Gun Mini Glue Gun – MAXDONE Glue Gun Kit Glue Sticks 30PCS Crafting High Temp Heat up Fast Small Clear and Colored Sticks, Ideal for Quick Repairs DIY Projects Arts Classroom 20W New Releases
How Do You Make an Eagle Craft?
Are you looking for a fun and easy craft to do with the kids? Why not try making an eagle out of a wooden spoon? First, you’ll need to gather your materials – a wooden spoon, some craft foam, google eyes, and glue. While it might sound complicated at first, it’s actually quite simple and only requires a few basic materials. Begin by painting the wooden spoon in the colors of an eagle’s body, then cut out the wings and talons from craft foam and attach them to the spoon.
Finally, add some finishing touches with google eyes and craft foam for the beak, and you’ll have your very own majestic bird of prey to show off! Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or a complete beginner, making an eagle craft is a surefire way to have some creative fun while getting in touch with your wild side.
What are the Characteristics of an Eagle?
Did you know that eagles possess some of the most impressive physical traits of any bird? One of their most well-known characteristics is their keen eyesight, which allows them to spot prey from great distances during flight. Eagles also possess incredibly strong talons and beaks, carefully crafted for catching and tearing apart their prey.
Another impressive trait is the ability to fly at high altitudes, with some species reaching heights of up to 10,000 feet above sea level. Eagles are also incredibly adaptable, able to thrive in a variety of environments, from mountains to deserts to forests. Whether soaring through the skies or perched on a branch, eagles are truly awe-inspiring creatures.
What are Eagles Most Known For?
Eagles are known for a lot of things, but one trait stands out above all the rest: their soaring flight. These birds of prey are true masters of the sky, able to effortlessly glide on warm air currents for hours on end. Watching an eagle in flight is truly a breathtaking experience – they seem almost weightless as they soar high above the trees, scanning the landscape below for their next meal.
Of course, eagles are also known for their sharp talons and powerful beaks, which they use to catch and tear apart their prey. But it’s their flight that truly captures our imagination and reminds us of the awesome power and majesty of these incredible birds.
Eagle Fun Finds at Amazon
This section of Amazon is filled with all sorts of fun and unique eagle-themed products. From clothing and jewelry to home decor and toys, there is something for everyone. Imagine snuggling up on the couch with a cozy eagle blanket or sipping coffee from an eagle mug.
Eagle Coloring Book: A Cute Coloring Book of Eagles,Large Stress Relieving, Relaxing Coloring Book For Grownups, Men, & WomenGisqis Bald Eagle Stuffed Animals, 16The Eagles are BackBearington Soar Plush Stuffed Animal Bald Eagle, 6 inchesBald Eagle Blanket American Eagle Decor Throw Blanket Bald Eagle Blanket Gifts for Men Super Warm Soft Plush Lightweight Fleece Flannel Blanket Winter Couch Bedding Blanket for Kids Adults 40Wild Wings Bald Eagle Sculpted Mug by Rosemary Millette, Brown, 4-1/2
Kids Eagle Activities and Crafts
Looking for fun and creative ways to keep your kids entertained? Why not try some eagle activities and crafts? From coloring pages and puzzles to origami and paper crafts, there are so many options to choose from. Kids can learn all about eagles while they get crafty, and you’ll love how engaged and focused they become.
- Hand Print E is For Eagle Craft Story
- Bald Eagle Life Cycle Coloring and Writing Pages
- Handprint Bald Eagle Craft For Kids
- Bald Eagle Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Wooden Spoon
- Acrylic Craft Paint – White, Brown, Pink
- Wiggle Eyes
- Permanent Black Marker
- Craft Foam – Brown, Yellow
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Wooden Spoon Eagle Pattern
- Gather all supplies. Download and print the Wooden Spoon Eagle Pattern. Using the pattern sheet as your guide, paint the top third of the wooden spoon with white acrylic craft paint with a scallop edge. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Basecoat the bottom two-thirds of the wooden spoon with brown acrylic craft paint. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Cut out the patterns with scissors. Using a pencil, trace the beak patten onto yellow craft foam, and cut out with scissors. Attach two wiggle eyes and the beak to the eagle’s face with a glue gun and glue sticks. Add two dots to the top center of the beak with a black marker. To create cheeks, dip a new pencil eraser in pink acrylic craft paint and dot to the left and right, just underneath of the wiggle eyes.
- Trace the eagle’s wing and tail feather patterns onto brown craft foam with a pencil. You could use craft felt or colored cardstock for this project.
- Cut out the eagle’s wing and tail feathers with scissors. Attach the tail feathers to the wing feathers with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Trace the eagle’s claws onto yellow craft foam with a pencil, and then cut out with scissors. Attach to the bottom of the wooden spoon with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Glue the eagle’s wing and tail feathers to the back of the wooden spoon, using the photo as a guide.
- Share your patriotic spirit by gifting a Wooden Spoon Eagle to family and friends. A great craft project for tweens and teens to create on their own or with younger kids.
- You can use liquid craft glue for this project, but you will have to wait for it to dry.