Last week I spoke at a local MOPS group (mothers of preschoolers) about meal planning. I shared with them my five step method for getting dinner on the table for your family.
One topic that came up was make ahead freezer meals and how to get started. While I have prepared freezer meals in my season of motherhood, I realized in that moment this is content you guys need and I’ve not covered it much here on Crystal & Co.!
This past week I have been scouring the internet for some of the best resources for you guys so I can help you get started with freezer cooking!
This is one of my favorite things about speaking to groups of women. I love to see where their struggles are so I can learn to help you guys better.
Make Ahead Freezer Meals: How to Get Started:
- Homemade Freezer Meal 101– what makes a good freezer meal, the benefits of freezer cooking, and pointers for assembling the meals
- Freezer Meal Tips for Beginners– start here!
- Freezer Cooking Basics– the what, why and how. This is a must read from a school teacher!
- Start Small– great tips for starting small and building over time. This is great for anyone worried they will get overwhelmed!
- Ten Steps to Freezer Cooking and FAQ’s– a good resource!
- Is Freezer Cooking Worth It?– a must read!
- How to Freeze Pasta– it can be done! This will come in handy.
- How to Freeze Fresh Fruit– perfect for when you buy on sale and in bulk!
- How to Freeze Bananas– perfect for smoothies!
- How to Freeze Fresh Kale– there really are many ways to incorporate it into your meals!
- How to Freeze Carrots– perfect for those growing carrots in their garden!
- How to Freeze Eggs– who knew!! This is handy!
- How to Freeze and Reheat Casseroles– one of my favorite things to freeze!
- How (and WHY) a Mom of 7 Started Freezer Meal Planning– if she can do it so can you!!
- Containers and Supplies for Freezer Cooking– must have resources!
- How to Avoid Freezer Burn– man I hate freezer burn!
- How to Optimize the Space in Your Freezer– one simple tip is a game changer!
- A List of Freezer Cooking Cookbooks– love this list!
- Ten Tips for Crockpot Cooking– you will need this for any of the slow cooker meals on your freezer meal plan!
- Start a Freezer Meal Swap– I love this idea. Another way to make freezer cooking easier and a great way to get started with it.
- Start a Freezer Club– one way to stick to freezer cooking is to start a club. Everyone has a task. Others keep you accountable. This is a great place to start!
Need recipe ideas? Check out my 200+ easy recipes for busy moms!
While you’re here take a look at over four years of my meal plans. You can get dinner on the table for your family!