If you’re looking for a festive and easy recipe to make this holiday season, try this Pinwheel Cookie Recipe! These easy-to-make cookies are sure to bring a little brightness to any table. With just a few ingredients, plus some red and green icing dye for extra festivity, you can make these delicious pinwheels in no time. And with red, green, and white nonpareils cookie sprinkles, you’ll have plenty of color to go around! Try this easy recipe and bring some holiday cheer to your table!
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes are often some of the best and most delicious recipes out there! They are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and festive flavors that you can only get around the holidays. With ingredients like sugar cookies, gingerbread, and peppermint bark, Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes will get you into the holiday spirit in no time. Get your apron ready – you won’t want to miss out on making these delectable treats!
Ingredients and Supplies Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this easy treat!
- Easy Sugar Cookies– Easy Sugar Cookies provide the perfect base for a Pinwheel Cookie Recipe! Easy Sugar Cookies require minimal ingredients and can be easily modified to fit the needs of any situation. With Easy Sugar Cookies, you can quickly mix up cookie dough that’s ready to be cut into thin, even slices.
- Red, Green and White Nonpareils Sprinkles– Red, green, and white nonpareils sprinkles can take the classic pinwheel cookie recipe to the next level. Not only do these sprinkles look professional when added to the cookies, but the burst of color and crunchy texture that they bring makes them irresistible. Red, green and white nonpareils sprinkles add a delightful pop of flavor and color that you won’t get with regular sugar sprinkles.
- Red and Green Icing Dye– Red and Green Icing Dye is the perfect addition to any Pinwheel Cookie Recipe. Not only do these two colors bring cheer and vibrancy to the party, but they also add a unique swirl pattern to the cookie that’s sure to make it stand out from the rest!
- Rolling Pin– Rolling pins are essential kitchen tools in helping execute the perfect pinwheel cookie recipe. Rolling out the dough to the right dimensions is key in getting a better result, and the rolling pin helps with this by easily stretching out sheet-like pieces of dough. The rolling pin makes it easy to incorporate ingredients and flavors into your pinwheels with its cylindrical shape that works in harmony and harmony with all types of baking ingredients.
- Cellophane– Cellophane is a crucial ingredient for baking the perfect Pinwheel Cookies. Cellophane helps hold the layers of dough together as they’re rolled to make this delicious treat. Cellophane also works to keep any moisture from the dough, allowing it to set correctly and maintain the crispness of its irresistible layered look.
- Knife– Knife is a very important tool to have in your kitchen when making the traditional pinwheel cookie recipe. A knife comes in handy when dividing the dough into equal parts, forming them into logs, and cutting each log into slices for that classic pinwheel look. Knife also helps to make sure that you’re not spreading too much of the filling all over your workspace – instead, you can use Knife to evenly distribute it onto the dough once it is rolled out.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Professional Nylon Knife for Nonstick Pans, Kitchen Knife Safe for Kids, Nonstick Knife Heat-resistant Best for Cutting Brownies, Cakes, Bread, Lasagna, Cheese, Pizza, Pie etc.HelferX 17.6 inch Wooden Rolling Pin for Baking – Long Dough Roller for All Baking NeedsWilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanBakelicious Nylon Cookie Spatula, Purple, 2.38 x 7.5 x 1.5 inchesGlad Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout, Set of 3 | Nesting Design Saves Space | Non-Slip, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe | Kitchen Cooking and Baking Supplies, WhiteStretch-Tite Premium Plastic Food Wrap, 500 Sq. Ft., 516.12-Ft. x 11.5/8-Inch
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
How Do You Roll Dough into a Pinwheel?
Pinwheel cookies are such a fun treat for any occasion, and making them is surprisingly easy! To make them, you’ll need to get your hands on a Pinwheel Cookie Recipe. Start by rolling out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s smooth and about ¼ inch thick. Then use a sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut the dough into strips that are equally sized. Arrange the strips so they’re standing up on their sides in order of tallest to shortest.
Carefully roll these strips together, forming your pinwheel shape – be extra careful not to push too hard and break off any pieces. Finally, using your hands or an offset spatula, gently press down on each end so it sticks together before baking!
Do You Need to Refrigerate Pinwheels Before Cutting?
Pinwheels are one of the most delectable and visually appealing desserts you can have. Pinwheel cookies consist of thin layers of dough rolled up with a creamy filling inside, providing a delicious contrast in texture with each bite. One question many people who make pinwheels have is whether they need to refrigerate them before cutting them.
The answer is yes – for the best flavor and texture, refrigerating your pinwheel cookie recipe is essential. By cooling it down, you’ll ensure that each bite is perfectly combined and not crumble or spread out when slicing it into discs or logs. Keep your Pinwheels chilled until ready to serve and they’ll be sure to become a fan-favorite!
How Do You Store Pinwheel Cookies?
Pinwheel cookies made from the perfect Pinwheel Cookie Recipe are definitely worth savoring! All that work and effort put into making them is not to be taken for granted. To ensure the Pinwheel Cookies remain as delectable as ever, store them properly in an airtight container on the counter or in a fridge, depending on your preference.
Placing them in an air-tight container will ensure they stay moist and lasts longer than they would without being sealed away. If you want Pinwheel Cookies that are a bit crunchier, place them inside a ziplock baggie or wax paper and cool them in the refrigerator. Remember, proper storage is key when it comes to pinwheels!
Christmas Farmhouse Finds on Amazon!
Sunnygalde Indoor and Outdoor Wood Christmas Holiday Wall Hanging Door Decorations Wood Plaqu Signs Christmas Ornament, for Home, School, Office Including Wreath, Wooden Arch and Led Lights (White)National Tree Company Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Garland, Green, Frosted Berry, White Lights, Decorated with Pine Cones, Berry Clusters, Plug In, Christmas Collection, 9 FeetFunoasis Holiday Gnome Handmade Swedish Tomte, Christmas Elf Decoration Ornaments Thanks Giving Day Gifts Swedish Gnomes tomte 16 Inches (Khaki)Iceyyyy 9PCS Christmas Plaid Ball Ornaments – 2.3 Inch Black & Red Buffalo Plaid Fabric Ball Ornaments with Pine Cones and Greenery, Plaid Christmas Tree Hanging Ball Ornaments Festive DecorationsKingdom Quality Gnome Christmas Decorations – Christmas Gnomes – Gnomos de navidad decorativosChristmas Ornaments, Christmas Bells Decorations with Pine Cones, Used for Farmhouse Ornaments and Decoration Crafts Christmas Home Hanging Ornament
You’ll Love These Other Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes
More Chilled Cookie Recipes You’ll Want to Make
- Christmas Sprinkle Thumbprint Cookies
- Oatmeal Christmas Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Christmas Cookies
- Easy Grinch Heart Cookies Recipe
- 1 Batch of Easy Sugar Cookies, chilled and split into thirds
- Red, Green and White Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Red and Green Icing Dye
- Rolling Pin
- Use one third of the sugar cookie dough and add green icing dye to it. Mix until combined.
- I a separate bowl, use another one third of the sugar cookie dough and add red icing dye to it. Mix until combined.
- Lay out a large piece of cellophane or parchment paper and roll out the green dough. Repeat this process with each of the remaining dough sections.
- Stack the rolled out dough on top of each other in the order you like. Roll it all up in the cellophane it is on and place back in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Once chilled slice into thin slices and dab the edges with sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes.