Getting dinner on the table can be really tough and this time of year we all start fine-tuning our budget… especially at the grocery store!
Personally, I do not like to spend a lot of time preparing meals, heating up the kitchen, or fixing anything that requires a ton of ingredients. Plus, I like to prep on a budget. Can you relate?
Shopping and preparing meals on a budget can be a daunting task. But seriously with a little thought and preparation it is a battle we can all overcome!
To get things started check out these easy recipes that are perfect when you’re on a budget and need to save your sanity!
50 Cheap Dinner Ideas
1. Try these Bean and Cheese Burritos with the perfect Mexican flair your whole family will love! Pink Parsley
2. This Indiana Chowder is the best one pot meal with starch, veggies, and protein! Crystal & Co.
3. Oh melt my heart! This Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs looks so yummy and has all the right flavors. She Wears Many Hats
4. If you want something light but no skimp on taste then try this Light Chicken Pasta Dish that is divine! Crystal & Co.
5. This easy Weeknight Chicken Stir Fry is full of deliciousness and made in no time! Hip 2 Save
6. Making this Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner tonight will blow your mind plus it has tons of fun toppings. Picky Palate
7. Cook up this Taco Salad Recipe for your family and the kids will actually love it! Crystal & Co.
8. Put a spin on traditional pizza night with this Chicken, Tomato, & Artichoke Pizza that is truly amazing! Crystal & Co.
9. This Crockpot Ravioli takes the headache out of dinner and easily pairs with fruit, salad, and garlic bread. Crystal & Co.
10. Want soup for dinner then make this Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches that is so easy and tasty you will love it! Everyday Occasions
11. Don’t worry about creativity with this Easy Chicken, Broccoli Rice Casserole that is filled with goodness and super yummy. The Pinning Mama
12. Your family won’t know that these White Chicken Enchiladas are easily made and oh so good! Joyful Momma
13. This Crunchy Ramen Chicken Salad is a true budget dinner but with lots of flavor. Homecooking Memories
14. Make these Sloppy Joe Sliders as a great dinner especially with kids! A Mitten Full of Savings
15. Check out this Loaded Vegetable Soup that makes for a cozy meal on a chilly day and its loaded with veggies. Cozy Country Living
16. This Tuna Noodle Casserole is a great comfort food and has all of the essentials even veggies. Savings Everyday
17. These Taco Cups are budget friendly, healthy, and super easy to make on any day of the week. A Mitten Full of Savings
18. If you are prepping ahead this Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy fix and freezes well too! Fabulously Frugal
19. Throw this Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings in your crockpot on the way out and dinner is done when you get home. All Recipes
20. If you are looking for easy without a lot of work this Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole is a great go to meal. My Litter
21. Need something hot and soulful this 5 Ingredient Chili is perfect for any night and top it with what you want. Gimme Some Oven
22. Your whole family will love this Scalloped Potato and Ground Beef Casserole that is dinner all in one dish. Kitch Me
23. This Sour Cream Rice Bake is savory and flavorful plus its great for leftovers. Buns In My Oven
24. Satisfy your husband and kids with this amazing Man Pleasing Meatloaf that is easily made. Divas Can Cook
25. Make this easy Stroganoff that is very yummy and made without canned soup! Framed Cooks
26. This Crockpot Lasagna looks so tasty and makes up super easy. Kitch Me
27. This 30 Minute Shepherd’s Pie is a great budget meal and would make an awesome meal for nay night of the week. Kitch Me
28. Fix this Baked Ziti Pasta for a quick dinner meal and its easy peasy, tasty, and cheesy. Simple Pasta Recipes
29. Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole! Say what! Super easy and a great twist on the traditional version. Wine and Glue
30. Recruit the kiddos to whip up this vegetable packed Broccoli Soup. Royal Little Lambs
31. This Simple Butternut Soup Recipe has seriously a few ingredients and would make for a great freezer meal. A Gypsy Herbal
32. Use up leftovers to make this simple and Easy Chicken Fried Rice. Growing Slower
33. Whip up this Slow Cooker Green Chicken that pairs perfectly with rice and beans! For The Family
34. Make this Gluten Free Chili Mac that is a great family dinner and uses things you have in your pantry. Whole New Mom
35. If you love quiche these Broccoli and Cheese Mini Quiches are a super simple meal and use limited ingredients to make it very easy. The Pistachio Project
36. Try these Asian Chicken Wraps that are a fast weeknight meal and super healthy! Royal Little Lambs
37. This Cheesy Tortellini Casserole is an awesome Italian dish without the fuss. Simply Recipes
38. These Texas Toast Pizzas are a fun and simple family dinner that the kids will really love. Crafty Morning
39. Check out this recipe for Taco Chicken Bowls that cooks easy and fast in your slow cooker. Budget Bytes
40. These 3 Ingredient Crescent Sausage Bites are super tasty with easy prep and the kids will want you to make them over and over. The College Cook
41. Try out this Slow Cooker Beef Stew that your whole family will really enjoy. Freebie Finding Mom
42. This yummy Sweet & Spicy Beef and Peppers has enough flavor for everyone! Freebie Finding Mom
43. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is beyond the bomb and a great family dinner for the whole family. Happy Deal Happy Day
44. Make your chicken with lots of flavor using this recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs served with your favorite side dish. Cincy Shopper
45. With this Chicken, Mushroom, and Green Bean Casserole is a timeless dinner with a simple assembly and very flavorful. Equipping Godly Women
46. Create you own taco Tuesday with these Simple Oven Tacos that will definitely fit your budget. Simplistically Living
47. This Chicken Marsala is a great, budget friendly family dinner and super tasty. Freebie Finding Mom
48. This Brown Sugar Barbeque Meatballs Recipe is very easy and you can sneak in the veggies. Fearlessly Creative Mammas
49. Check out this Cheesy Burrito Casserole that is made super cheap and a hearty dish. Ann’s Entitled Life
50. These Stuffed Shells are easy, inexpensive, and freezes really well. A Mom’s Take
What easy meals are you preparing for dinner? Share your thrifty ideas!
More Easy Recipes: